Reaction score
Anybody have a HD Pro that just suddenly stopped receiving input? I've had mine for all of 2 days and it's like a damn brick now...

Can you please give us more detail of how it happened? check cables and volume pot in the guitar. As dumb as it may sound...I f*cked up last show because I turned down volume on my guitar for the speech and when we started the next song I forgot I had done that, so I was checking the POD's volume, amp plugs, cab plugs...and then I remembered...LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
by this point you must think that i have no life. well, your right.

that being said, here is my Periphery tone "match" this one was quite tough as well to nail it perfectly. but its fairly close and is quite useable.

https://soundcloud.com/rickycigs/periphery-tone-match

also, something that might interest you is that every one of these tones is single amp/single cab. dont let anyone tell you that you cant get a good tone out of the onboard impulses. could they be better? yes. do they work well as is? yes!

feilong29

Reaction score
by this point you must think that i have no life. well, your right.

that being said, here is my Periphery tone "match" this one was quite tough as well to nail it perfectly. but its fairly close and is quite useable.

https://soundcloud.com/rickycigs/periphery-tone-match

also, something that might interest you is that every one of these tones is single amp/single cab. dont let anyone tell you that you cant get a good tone out of the onboard impulses. could they be better? yes. do they work well as is? yes!

You do some amazing work brother! They all sound amazing! Can you do a Sybreed patch: ?????

Reaction score
You do some amazing work brother! They all sound amazing! Can you do a Sybreed patch: ?????

I have been working on a Sybreed patch for awhile now.... (One of my main influences. Top three.) I just can't get it as tight. I am guessing that Drop doesn't use as much gain as we think. He's gotta pull back a bit to maintain that clarity in the chugs. Toying with pre- and post-EQs right now.

But dude, the crazy double-kicks and gallops like in "No Wisdom Brings Solace" and ESPECIALLY in the middle bit of "Ego Bypass Generator" are so tight (compressed) but just killers for your forearm. All the more reason to hit the gym. Lol :lol:

Eh, f*** it, Big Rick can do it better than me.....better than any of us.....

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks a lot! About 35 more plays on my YouTube channel and I'll share the first one. 135 more plays and I'll share the second, and 235 more and ill share the third ;)

I had never heard of sybreed until just now. Find me a song that has a small section with just guitar and I'll see what I can do.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I have been working on a Sybreed patch for awhile now.... (One of my main influences. Top three.) I just can't get it as tight. I am guessing that Drop doesn't use as much gain as we think. He's gotta pull back a bit to maintain that clarity in the chugs. Toying with pre- and post-EQs right now.

But dude, the crazy double-kicks and gallops like in "No Wisdom Brings Solace" and ESPECIALLY in the middle bit of "Ego Bypass Generator" are so tight (compressed) but just killers for your forearm. All the more reason to hit the gym. Lol :lol:

Eh, f*** it, Big Rick can do it better than me.....better than any of us.....

I don't know about better than any of you guys lol but I appreciate the compliment :)

I can only imagine what I can do with an axe-fx....

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
I think this page of the thread just solidified my choosing of a POD HD. :lol: I've been wondering lately if it was the piece of gear I definitely wanted, and knowing that a single amp and cab patch can sound like that sealed the deal.

Rick and Bobbo, those patches sound fantastic. The Chaosphere one sounds especially spot on from what I hear. As a side note, the djenting at the end of that sample reminded me of Sunrise my Tesseract.

Also, that Threat Signal patch sounds so killer, pretty close to what I'd like to have for a rhythm tone myself.

Rygar91

Reaction score
I did a mix test using my Pod HD Pro and Recabinet for the song Only Memories by Heart In Hand. https://soundcloud.com/rygar91/heart-in-hand-only-memories Let me know what you think!

For the left side i used meambobbo's Lamb Of God patch with Recabinets "Tangerine Chug" preset and the right side was his As I Lay Dying patch with Recabinets "Keith Merrow 2" preset. The leads are a patch i made using the AC-30 model and Recabinets "Epic Lead" preset. Bass is pitch shifted guitar through the Pod HD and drums are Ezdrummer Metal Machine.

meambobbo

Reaction score
I think this page of the thread just solidified my choosing of a POD HD. :lol: I've been wondering lately if it was the piece of gear I definitely wanted, and knowing that a single amp and cab patch can sound like that sealed the deal.

Rick and Bobbo, those patches sound fantastic. The Chaosphere one sounds especially spot on from what I hear. As a side note, the djenting at the end of that sample reminded me of Sunrise my Tesseract.

Also, that Threat Signal patch sounds so killer, pretty close to what I'd like to have for a rhythm tone myself.

I ....ing hate the Chaosphere one - I've spent so much time trying to get it sound right, and it's really an ugly tone in general, but the total mix of the album is amazing - revolutionary even. I remember listening to that album the first time thinking it was something irreversible, like I was changed, like I watched innocents murdered, or the apocalypse happened and we're all livin mad max style now. of course the music itself is the main part of that, but the tone is ridiculous. i had never heard anything remotely like it.

and to be honest, everyone talks of "meshuggah clones". yeah, right. like who? i'd love a chaosphere 2. more like meshuggah cheap imitators.

anyway, glad you liked!

meambobbo

Reaction score
rygar that mix sounds completely awesome - i'll have to try out my patches with those recabinet IR's! You need to get a real bass - i've recently learned the importance of this.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
I ....ing hate the Chaosphere one - I've spent so much time trying to get it sound right, and it's really an ugly tone in general, but the total mix of the album is amazing - revolutionary even. I remember listening to that album the first time thinking it was something irreversible, like I was changed, like I watched innocents murdered, or the apocalypse happened and we're all livin mad max style now. of course the music itself is the main part of that, but the tone is ridiculous. i had never heard anything remotely like it.

and to be honest, everyone talks of "meshuggah clones". yeah, right. like who? i'd love a chaosphere 2. more like meshuggah cheap imitators.

anyway, glad you liked!

Yeah, it may be one of those tones where it sounds great only in a full mix, but not very pretty on its own. :lol: :shrug:

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! About 35 more plays on my YouTube channel and I'll share the first one. 135 more plays and I'll share the second, and 235 more and ill share the third ;)

I had never heard of sybreed until just now. Find me a song that has a small section with just guitar and I'll see what I can do.

Drop's Guitar Playthrough

"Supposedly" Drop gave these stems out for a remix contest a few years back. (Idk...doesn't have the "Sybreed tightness and crunch" to it. Then again, this might only be a stem of the lead guitar, no rhythm guitar.

Recording guitars for their latest album.

MikeK

Reaction score
Someone needs to sit down and try to make a Danza tone match. I have been tinkering with a patch for a couple months now off and on and just cant seem to match that Josh Travis tone. Its tough to get that high end bite he has without the tone getting a little fizzy.

This is what I have so far. I use this patch for my band littledidweknow, so thats where the LDWK title came from.

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/224102/

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Someone needs to sit down and try to make a Danza tone match. I have been tinkering with a patch for a couple months now off and on and just cant seem to match that Josh Travis tone. Its tough to get that high end bite he has without the tone getting a little fizzy.

This is what I have so far. I use this patch for my band littledidweknow, so thats where the LDWK title came from.

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/224102/

I'm searching this same tone...its so "clear" while still being really heavy.