RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
They'll all still receive the updates. The HDX series only gets an improved DSP chip for more processing power and only meaning you can put more effects in your chain. The software is still the same. Current Pro owners would only want to upgrade if they continually hit the DSP limit. I haven't since I don't have a need to fill all the spaces with effects in the signal chain so I don't mind that there's an updated model.

And what sources tell you that we'll get even one more update? It's been months without even so much as a hint that one is coming.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I'm sure they're waiting till all the new hardware is out so they only have to one announcement. I hope the rumors of Digitech's new POD Killer are true, cause I always liked their amp modeling, just never the four and a half hour delay between patch changes!

japs5607

Reaction score
Can I record direct from the pod hd pro straight into GarageBand on a MacBook Pro ?

Via USB

Reaction score
And what sources tell you that we'll get even one more update? It's been months without even so much as a hint that one is coming.

What he was asking was that IF there is an update if the non X users will still get it.

Can I record direct from the pod hd pro straight into GarageBand on a MacBook Pro ?

Via USB

Yes.

Kristianx510

Reaction score

Yup. This is true. My reasoning is that they were waiting to drop the new X series before updating the POD. Now people who were happy with the original batch are happy, and people who needed more DSP are happy. And everyone in the world knows an update is long overdue. There's a lot of things Line 6 has to do to make this product better. So IF there is going to be an update, it would be about now. But again, that's just my logic.

Reaction score
I'm happy with the actual models of the HD500, but I'm fearful they only keep releasing updates for HDX models. You can never know when companies are going to f*** customers just for profit. Let's hope we're wrong, because it's been so long since we haven't got an update.

bukkakeONyoMAMA

Reaction score
My bad, ive been looking at this thread constantly but i missed those posts. I figured it was new since i just received the email from line 6 minutes before i posted. Anyway line 6 needs to rise to the occasion and give us an update. At this point ill pay a few bucks for each new amp.

Kroaton

Reaction score
The POD HD line has been out for 3 years now, and this is their big product line update?

They must have run out of the original DSP chips they were using or they simply swapped the chip for a cheaper version, that due to the 3 year gap is more powerful than what they had originally.

There's no way this isn't a cost cutting maneuver with a marketing "X for eXtreme" spin thrown on it.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past line 6 to stop updating current products, just look back at the podxt. It came out in 2002 I think, and weren't there only two major updates all the way up to the X3 coming out in 2007?

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
YES - New POD HD PRO X is coming VERY SOON [mid October I was told]. I had been looking at the HD Pro for a while as I am going to wait for the next version of the Axe FX before I take that $plunge$.

So I buy the HD PRO about a month ago and have it sitting on the bench as I have been busy selling my house [done whoo hoo] and moving [sux!]. So i was browsing Sweetwater a few days ago and see they lowered the price on the HD PRO to $499 from $699 I just paid at American Musical. Yikes! I called American Musical and like always they did what they say they will do [price match if a better deal found in 45 days after purchase] and gave me the $200 difference back. Then Friday night I look at the Sweetwater site again and they have discontinued selling the POD HD PRO! Hmmm, something is going on I think as the Pod HD Pro is pretty new in the Pod series right. So I go looking around and find a post on another forum where the Line 6 Pod HD500X owners manual refereces a "Pod HD PRO X" according to the Line 6 forum person posting. I also got conformation elsewhere [October 2013 release.] Oh, and I just got an email invoice for $699 from American Musical for my new Pod Pro HD X so...

Wow! thats good to hear about American Musical, glad you got your price match money. I got my HD Pro from them maybe 6 months ago for $699, so i'm stuck. Not stressing the X though, i never use dual amps so rarely hit DSP limits, even using dual pitch shifting for some patches.

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
The point about the X is: nobody asked for it!! We all wanted HD updates and all we got is a new Pod witch is 90% like the old one!

CTR_Alejandro

CTR Guitarist
Reaction score
Im a long time Line 6 user and just got a HD Pro. I have had an amazing time using it :shred: as an interface - but its time to go live and I wanted some help with how to power it. I would like to avoid purchasing a whole new power amp. I have a Flextone III is there a way to run this through the Flextone III 2x12 combo as a Effect Loop rack component? Plais heulp. :metal:

Pweaks

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips to emulate a bass guitar with Pod HD? I have one song that is played with 7 string guitars and my bass can't really handle drop G#.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips to emulate a bass guitar with Pod HD? I have one song that is played with 7 string guitars and my bass can't really handle drop G#.

Your better off pitch shifting with something else. Like using audacity or a vst plugin. The pitch shift on the pod doesn't cut it. It made me buy a bass lol

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Im a long time Line 6 user and just got a HD Pro. I have had an amazing time using it :shred: as an interface - but its time to go live and I wanted some help with how to power it. I would like to avoid purchasing a whole new power amp. I have a Flextone III is there a way to run this through the Flextone III 2x12 combo as a Effect Loop rack component? Plais heulp. :metal:

Pod out-fx loop return