This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
POD Pro through tube poweramp and 412 cabinet

Sound recorder is that small mp3 player from the beginning of the video so yes, it's not much of a quality but maybe someone find it interesting.

meambobbo

Reaction score
My latest and FINAL hd 500 patches are up. Theyre all changed, some more than others, and theyre all leveled. I will get the hd pro and bean up soon. This includes the kse reamp patches i did on my latest soundcloud post.

These WILL be the final patches - getting a Kemper soon.

Index of /podhd/patches

meambobbo

Reaction score
ok, all the patches are up: 500, 500X, Pro, and Desktop. see the link in the above post. also a setlists folder to easily get to the setlist files

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
Damn, Bobbo! Great work, as always! I've been going through them for a while now. The stock pups in my DC800 work out great, but I think it needs a little boost in the top end to really make it work with those pickups.

SDSM

Reaction score
Yo dudes! Have just realized that Stephen Carpenter from The Deftones has released his Axe-Fx presets! Problem is...I dont have one, and obviously have the POD HD.

So....could anybody with an Axe-Fx maybe have a look at the patches and share with me the settings so I could have a go at replicating them with the pod?

Fractal Audio Systems - Stef Carpenter Deftones Artist Preset Pack Released

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Yo dudes! Have just realized that Stephen Carpenter from The Deftones has released his Axe-Fx presets! Problem is...I dont have one, and obviously have the POD HD.

So....could anybody with an Axe-Fx maybe have a look at the patches and share with me the settings so I could have a go at replicating them with the pod?

Fractal Audio Systems - Stef Carpenter Deftones Artist Preset Pack Released

As I said the last time that someone asked the exact same question, download axe-edit and open the patches.

Or learn to tone match. It's really not hard.

SDSM

Reaction score
As I said the last time that someone asked the exact same question, download axe-edit and open the patches.

Or learn to tone match. It's really not hard.

I downloaded the edit and patches already but it doesnt seem to want to open them for me...thats why I am asking here. As a Deftones fan I am just really curious to know what he uses for his tones per album.

jeleopard

Reaction score
Hey, so I have a large amount of fizz in the background whenever I turn have my guitar's volume up. It sounds digital, and even with a noisegate, it's still there, and becomes VERY loud when a note plays (or even if I rub my finger on a string)

How do I get rid of it? :(

I'm running a POD HD500 into Logic through USB. Have also tried the POD through an interface as well, no dice.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I downloaded the edit and patches already but it doesnt seem to want to open them for me...thats why I am asking here. As a Deftones fan I am just really curious to know what he uses for his tones per album.

your really asking the wrong crowd. if we had axe fx's we wouldnt be posting here lol

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, so I have a large amount of fizz in the background whenever I turn have my guitar's volume up. It sounds digital, and even with a noisegate, it's still there, and becomes VERY loud when a note plays (or even if I rub my finger on a string)

How do I get rid of it? :(

I'm running a POD HD500 into Logic through USB. Have also tried the POD through an interface as well, no dice.

are you sure its not your guitar or cable?

meambobbo

Reaction score
I would actually like to make a deftones patch. But i dont have an axe. As i understand hes always been marshall pre as most of the distortion. And definitely a chorus in there. Then just some pre-eq or a distortion pedal boost to really nail the distortion character.

breadtruck

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been using my POD HD with my Tiny Terror amp and a 1x12 cab for live use and it sounds great so far. I'm using the POD just for effects, including the tube drive + screamer dist pedals for an overdrive, so I'm using Studio/Direct mode. I was wondering how you think I should have the master volume dial set? At first I had it maxed out but I noticed that I couldn't utilize a solo boost patch, because my volume wouldn't go any higher no matter what I changed in the patch. Now I'm running my master volume slightly over half and I seem to be getting a better outcome. Is this recommended? Does anyone here use their POD HD with amp + cab?

I've actually not even tried the amp modelling thru the amp + cab yet. I assumed it wouldn't sound as good as the amp's gain. Does anyone use amp modelling through a basic amp + cab setup or is it more recommended to go down the powered PA speaker route if you want that?

guitarfreak1387

squirrel chaser
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been using my POD HD with my Tiny Terror amp and a 1x12 cab for live use and it sounds great so far. I'm using the POD just for effects, including the tube drive + screamer dist pedals for an overdrive, so I'm using Studio/Direct mode. I was wondering how you think I should have the master volume dial set? At first I had it maxed out but I noticed that I couldn't utilize a solo boost patch, because my volume wouldn't go any higher no matter what I changed in the patch. Now I'm running my master volume slightly over half and I seem to be getting a better outcome. Is this recommended? Does anyone here use their POD HD with amp + cab?

I've actually not even tried the amp modelling thru the amp + cab yet. I assumed it wouldn't sound as good as the amp's gain. Does anyone use amp modelling through a basic amp + cab setup or is it more recommended to go down the powered PA speaker route if you want that?

I have a tiny terror, though im not using the 1x12 with it, when i had it connected i used a 4x12.

first things first, your not going to want to use studio direct mode, unless you intentionally want it to sound like butt mud. i had semi decent results using both combo and stack front.

now for setting up the TT, the only logical way that i could use the TT and the HD together and not be limited was to set the TT as clean as i could and use the HD for everything (fx,amp sim,blawblawblaw). if your going to use the amp for any kind of grit/distortion.....say goodbye to any use of delay and reverb, they just don't work going into distortion unless that is the sound your going for.

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
Hey just dived back into the POD world and got an HD Pro. Is there any good sources for patch sharing other than the line6 custom tone page?

breadtruck

Reaction score
first things first, your not going to want to use studio direct mode, unless you intentionally want it to sound like butt mud. i had semi decent results using both combo and stack front.

Is that true if you're using effects only? When I first set it up I was flicking between the settings and I didn't notice too much of a difference between Studio/Direct and the Combo and Stack fronts. I just stuck with Studio/Direct, because I read the general consensus online was that if you were using effects only then studio/direct is best. It sounds fine so far apart from as you pointed out, the delays and reverbs sound muddy when there's a fair amount of gain present.