This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Oreo_Death

Blackbird
Reaction score
Question regarding POD HD Pro hardware. Where could I order a replacement knob for my HD Pro? Mine was used when I bought it and it is missing a knob (one of the 4 "main" knobs) and although its no big deal, it's still my precious and I want to make sure it looks complete haha.

Anyone know where I could get some knobs? I would even settle for just getting a whole new replacement set of them because you never know

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Testing out the pod in some new mixes, guitars and bass all POD with a little post-processing on the bass.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/kane-wolf/mixing-the-br00tz[/SC]

slothrop

Reaction score
Decided to re-visit my POD HD after having a little break from it because I was achieving better tones with VST's. Or atleast I got good tones faster using VST's. This is thus a tone test using the Bomber uber sim, which has always been my favorite. It just sounds the most 'real' for high gain. Excuse the sloppy playing, but what do you guys think? :shred:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/stijnson/pod-hd-bogner-tone-test-bomber-uber[/SC]
Sounds nice, the Bomber can make some crushing tones it's my favorite as well. I have a couple Bomber patches on customtone from back when I purchased but have a new one that blows them away.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Decided to re-visit my POD HD after having a little break from it because I was achieving better tones with VST's. Or atleast I got good tones faster using VST's. This is thus a tone test using the Bomber uber sim, which has always been my favorite. It just sounds the most 'real' for high gain. Excuse the sloppy playing, but what do you guys think? :shred:

That's pretty sweet - I'm using the uber exclusively now for my heavy tones.
Here's another example of the uber, and the bass is also done with HD500: https://soundcloud.com/dbartko/document-8b

Allealex

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having some problems with my Pod: when my Pod is connected and I try to run Reaper, it suddently crushes and I have to close it. It's kinda weird because when the Pod isn't connected it works perfectly :realmad:

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having some problems with my Pod: when my Pod is connected and I try to run Reaper, it suddently crushes and I have to close it. It's kinda weird because when the Pod isn't connected it works perfectly :realmad:

There must be some kind of conflict with ASIO drivers. Make sure you're using the latest POD drivers and make sure to choose the POD's ASIO drivers in Reaper.

Masquerade

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm thinking of investing some money into the POD HD Pro.
Would a setup of using the Pod with a Mackie SRM550 work?

Also, I don't know if its been covered yet (Haven't searched the forums) but how to you setup a footswitch for the Pod?

Any help would be terrific, thanks!

Oreo_Death

Blackbird
Reaction score

What POD system are you using? I have an HD Pro that I run DI my computer. I have no issues with Reaper.

To clarify, is it your POD that crashes or Reaper?

Allealex

Reaction score
What POD system are you using? I have an HD Pro that I run DI my computer. I have no issues with Reaper.

To clarify, is it your POD that crashes or Reaper?

I have the 500 and it's Reaper that crashes but it's really weird 'cause it has always worked well until January

guitarfreak1387

squirrel chaser
Reaction score
when it comes to the amps that are preset to 100% master in the dep's, do you guys leave it or turn it down and sacrifice gain?

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Anyone ever experienced the problem of their Pod endlessly rebooting itself after turning it on?

Mines doing that right now, L6 support has been little help. I may move on from the Pod and sell it.

Also anyone ever had trouble installing drivers on a Mac? I've uninstalled and installed them abuot 5 times in the last two days, and it still says I need to update them

Reaction score
Anyone ever experienced the problem of their Pod endlessly rebooting itself after turning it on?

Mines doing that right now, L6 support has been little help. I may move on from the Pod and sell it.

Also anyone ever had trouble installing drivers on a Mac? I've uninstalled and installed them abuot 5 times in the last two days, and it still says I need to update them

After updating firmware, you must delete/set to default the setlists, as well as to recalibrate the foot pedal. That'll get rid of the reboot issue. You'll find the procedures on how to do this at Line 6's forums.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
After updating firmware, you must delete/set to default the setlists, as well as to recalibrate the foot pedal. That'll get rid of the reboot issue. You'll find the procedures on how to do this at Line 6's forums.

Tried that but got no results sadly.

If it costs more than it's worth to repair I'll sell it for an Axe FX or Kemper

Zei

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I got a tone I really liked out of the HD500 after combining two separate tones while quad-tracking. I still need to find a good lead tone, but what I have isn't too bad.

Everything is done with the HD500 and my guitar (bass is my guitar as well, sadly). It's not 100% finished yet, but my computer is acting stupid so I can't do too much else to it right now.

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/enhalo/paracosm[/sc]

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
I hate to be "that guy" lol but I was using a pod hd and recently got an eleven rack after fighting with the line 6 fizz and I noticed the difference immediately. I did a few comparisons if anyone is interested just let me know. I've been going back and rerecording all my stuff with the 11 and I listen every time and I just can't believe how much better the eleven rack sounds. I still think the pod is a good tool and sounds pretty decent but when I a/b them the difference is ridiculous almost lol I got it brand new on ebay with the expansion pack for $400 without protools and they made a standalone editor for it so if anyone is thinking about making a switch to something else i'd definitely give the eleven rack a chance.