This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
this is gunna sound kind of dumb but how can i record with the pod hd in linux? ubuntu to be exact?
is there a way besides the audacity?

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Anyone with a HD300 tried making a rhythm patch with the solo-100 overdrive?I'm having trouble dialing in high end I need due to the limitations of the HD300

Here are my settings

Attachments

• SOLO 100 OVERDRIVE.jpg
    SOLO 100 OVERDRIVE.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 38

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone with a HD300 tried making a rhythm patch with the solo-100 overdrive?I'm having trouble dialing in high end I need due to the limitations of the HD300

Here are my settings

I'm assuming your trying to get more high end with the mid and prescence levels you've got going there. Try a studio eq instead of the parametric. It's highest freq. is 8000k where as the parametric only goes to about 4500 I believe

Also, a screamer would help. Lose your volume pedal by holding down the enter button I believe it is and set the expression pedal to control your channel volume instead. Just set te max value to whatever you normally have your channel volume at.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I'm assuming your trying to get more high end with the mid and prescence levels you've got going there. Try a studio eq instead of the parametric. It's highest freq. is 8000k where as the parametric only goes to about 4500 I believe

Also, a screamer would help. Lose your volume pedal by holding down the enter button I believe it is and set the expression pedal to control your channel volume instead. Just set te max value to whatever you normally have your channel volume at.

Unfortunately I can't do any of that,cause HD300 is limited.It doesn't have studio EQ,nor I can use the parametric (or any) EQ and the screamer at the same time.

As far as the pedal goes,I use a stacked weeper wah at 80% per cent as an extra boost band eq.

So yeah,I'm pretty much fucked :lol: Thanks for the help anyways

Demonsev7en

SS's Main-Midlander!
Reaction score
The SOLO-100 Crunch is fantastic! Going to be doing some recording tonight and I think it's gonna be the amp for my tones!

Anyone futzed about with the Ampeg model much? Tried it for 2 minutes with my bass when I first updated and didn't really gel with it. Does it sound better in recorded context?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't do any of that,cause HD300 is limited.It doesn't have studio EQ,nor I can use the parametric (or any) EQ and the screamer at the same time.

As far as the pedal goes,I use a stacked weeper wah at 80% per cent as an extra boost band eq.

So yeah,I'm pretty much fucked :lol: Thanks for the help anyways

That's pretty damn limited... I'm glad I didn't cheap out lol

That being said, try swapping out your eq for a screamer then and use a higher treble/tone setting on it. Also try a different mic. The 409 always gives me plenty of highs.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Anyone futzed about with the Ampeg model much? Tried it for 2 minutes with my bass when I first updated and didn't really gel with it. Does it sound better in recorded context?
I just discovered using the Ampeg with the vintage pre. Adds volume and clarity. Otherwise I'm not that impressed with it really.

The Soldano models are pretty cool, I finally tried them with the Hiwatt cab and it's really what they need. Deadnightshade, what kind of rhythm sound are you going for? I can sort of relate although I don't think it lacks highs, just overall presence and clarity. I like it for sludgy things though.

I'm really liking the Doom model at the moment. I have it dialed in for a Sleep-like tone, pretty saturated and squishy.

Has anyone experimented with the Epic model much? I've only messed with it for a few minutes and my impression was that it was a really muddy JCM sound. Anyone figure it out?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I just discovered using the Ampeg with the vintage pre. Adds volume and clarity. Otherwise I'm not that impressed with it really.

The Soldano models are pretty cool, I finally tried them with the Hiwatt cab and it's really what they need. Deadnightshade, what kind of rhythm sound are you going for? I can sort of relate although I don't think it lacks highs, just overall presence and clarity. I like it for sludgy things though.

I'm really liking the Doom model at the moment. I have it dialed in for a Sleep-like tone, pretty saturated and squishy.

Has anyone experimented with the Epic model much? I've only messed with it for a few minutes and my impression was that it was a really muddy JCM sound. Anyone figure it out?

I'm gonna have to try the vintage Pre/ampeg idea when I finally do bass tracks on my songs. Sounds like an interesting idea

ArrowHead

Reaction score
+1 on the Ampeg being really uninspiring. I like a really bright and proggy tone (old-people prog), and the Ampeg just won't give me a nice clear cutting tone. Not with my passive 4 string, or my active 5 string. Meanwhile, I can dial in exactly the tone I'm looking for much quicker with just a simple DI into my interface, or using the vintage pre by itself. I might not be trying hard enough, but to me the Ampeg is just a big mud-machine.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
what do these amp sound like?lol like what amp if any?
jelllly of those amp models!!:scream:

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score

I'm going for a djenty rhythm sound.The soldano has some qualities that I enjoy,but the lack of presence bugs me out cause I can't EQ it without the attenuating parametric band that takes care of the mud.

The Doom seems promising,but I haven't fiddled with it much yet.

The Epic doesn't even make me wanna tweak it at all..

As for the bass amp,I figured a workable tone with my brother's mayones BE ,but I'm missing a freaking EQ band to add clarity to the high end.I
ll try the vintage pre today

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going for a djenty rhythm sound.The soldano has some qualities that I enjoy,but the lack of presence bugs me out cause I can't EQ it without the attenuating parametric band that takes care of the mud.

The Doom seems promising,but I haven't fiddled with it much yet.

The Epic doesn't even make me wanna tweak it at all..

As for the bass amp,I figured a workable tone with my brother's mayones BE ,but I'm missing a freaking EQ band to add clarity to the high end.I
ll try the vintage pre today

Use a screamer if you want djent. And put your input impedance at 3.5m

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Use a screamer if you want djent. And put your input impedance at 3.5m

Doesn't have input impedance control either :lol: And the screamer alone doesn't benefit me more than the parametric EQ the way I pick.I'm just waiting for a local sale to get rid of my HD300 and get hold of the desktop HD :lol:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't have input impedance control either :lol: And the screamer alone doesn't benefit me more than the parametric EQ the way I pick.I'm just waiting for a local sale to get rid of my HD300 and get hold of the desktop HD :lol:

Wow no impedance setting? Do you even have the setup menu options? Definitely happy in my choice to get an hd500. There was an hd400 for sale for just over $200 and I said no. Glad I did!! Lol

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Wow no impedance setting? Do you even have the setup menu options? Definitely happy in my choice to get an hd500. There was an hd400 for sale for just over $200 and I said no. Glad I did!! Lol

In order for the unit to start,I need to turn one of those 150 times :lol:

&