xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Bro just follow exactly I said above.

Your HD500 OUTPUT (the 1/4 jack output) into your 5150 effects return. That's it. This bypasses the 5150 preamp and then your HD500 is then connected directly to the 5150 poweramp.

Your master volume is now on the HD500.

Set your HD500 output mode to stack poweramp mode and then use the 'pre' version of the amps on he HD500, with the cabs off.

incredibly easy. I do this all the time with backline if I can't bring a poweramp or powered monitor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
OUTPUT OF YOUR POD MAKE SURE YOU USE THE HEAD PHONE OUT
INTO THE FX RETURN O N YOUR HEAD.I never use the 4cm because its just pointless for me this is the easiest way.but if u want to use it just for effects u need to use the 4cm:wallbash:

the headphone jack is a stereo jack. the 1/4" out is the proper output to go to your fx return.

if you were using it for only fx like the compressor or tube screamer, then the 4cm isnt necessary. just go 1/4 out into the guitar in on the amp. i doubt many people would buy an hd just for those two fx though.

however, i have been tempted to try those two with my powerball head just for shitzengiggles

polarbeast666

Reaction score
Bro just follow exactly I said above.

Your HD500 OUTPUT (the 1/4 jack output) into your 5150 effects return. That's it. This bypasses the 5150 preamp and then your HD500 is then connected directly to the 5150 poweramp.

Your master volume is now on the HD500.

Set your HD500 output mode to stack poweramp mode and then use the 'pre' version of the amps on he HD500, with the cabs off.

incredibly easy. I do this all the time with backline if I can't bring a poweramp or powered monitor.

Okay I'll try that.. I'm not home
Now but I will try it tonight and see how it goes. I don't even know how to navigate the menu haha. How do dual amps sound like this? And can I just make these presets on the software on the computer and then put it on my pod and use it on my amp?

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
If you have your pod connected via USB it'll update the pod on the fly for you.

To be honest I'd recommend you spend the day reading the user manual. Many of your navigation questions are answered fully within this manual. I spent a few days reading it while waiting for my order to arrive. I find navigating via the menu system much faster/easier than the computer (I gig often and practise twice a week, I edit via the HD500 itself much more than the computer)

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
If you have your pod connected via USB it'll update the pod on the fly for you.

To be honest I'd recommend you spend the day reading the user manual. Many of your navigation questions are answered fully within this manual. I spent a few days reading it while waiting for my order to arrive. I find navigating via the menu system much faster/easier than the computer (I gig often and practise twice a week, I edit via the HD500 itself much more than the computer)

i second this. youd be suprised how much info is in the manual thats for your product. OR like some of us, not surprised at all as thats what its for and thats why they make them!!!

polarbeast666

Reaction score
how do I plug this podhd500 in via USB? I have the usb to my computer, do I just put my guitar into the input on the pod now? I cant hear anything..

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
The Pod functions as the soundcard, so you still need to plug in your speakers or headphones to it. If you record stuff with it, playback from your DAW will also come through the Pod if it's plugged in.

Kristianx510

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I am looking at getting a POD HD soon, and would like to get some suggestions on how to run it.

Option A: I already have a rack setup, with a POD XT and Orange PPC412. I could easily replace the XT with the HD and call it a day. The thing is I am pretty unhappy with my power amp and cant find one I like.

Option B: Get a Tube head, and keep my POD HD in a 2U rack. I can take my POD wherever I go to record on my Macbook, Play it direct through a venue PA, or play it through the effects loop of my head. I look this idea a lot because of all my options but want to get some feedback on how it sounds.

Option C: sell it all, put the HD in a 2U, and get a pair of powered monitors. I like this Idea because I have options of playing direct in a PA or through my monitors, but I am really nervous about selling my Orange.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I am looking at getting a POD HD soon, and would like to get some suggestions on how to run it.

Option A: I already have a rack setup, with a POD XT and Orange PPC412. I could easily replace the XT with the HD and call it a day. The thing is I am pretty unhappy with my power amp and cant find one I like.

Option B: Get a Tube head, and keep my POD HD in a 2U rack. I can take my POD wherever I go to record on my Macbook, Play it direct through a venue PA, or play it through the effects loop of my head. I look this idea a lot because of all my options but want to get some feedback on how it sounds.

Option C: sell it all, put the HD in a 2U, and get a pair of powered monitors. I like this Idea because I have options of playing direct in a PA or through my monitors, but I am really nervous about selling my Orange.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I plugged my POD HD PRO into an active wedge (Alto TS15) for the first time ever last night, and I was sceptic before trying but man 'o man did it ever sound HUGE; I'm really really pleased with the new POD HD series in many ways and I will be selling my Spider Valve soon.

A couple main benefits of having a FRFR solution is 1) Way more transport friendly, will fit in the trunk of your car 2) The tone is pretty much exactly the same as when listening through headphones and listening through the PA (should you go into FOH too) so you can keep the same patches for all applications since going through a power amp and cab colours the tones a lot so usually you would have a separate patch for live and jamming at home.