itsallinmyh3ad

...Made me do it.
Reaction score
Hey man that patch sounds great. I listened to tool play it as well and it's hard to tell in a full mix but to me the thing that stands out about the recto and diezel tone to me is that both have this sharp buzzy distortion to them. They also have a similar sponginess in the low end and warm mods to them. So from a distortion standpoint I would probably use a recto and a fireball amp models and I'd probably pre eq them both with a mid peak around 450-700 hz. That should thicken them up but not enough to lose their bite. I might raise their master dep to get more compression and a crunchier rather than djent tone - use medium distortion on the preamp.

I'd use either the greenbacks, über or treadplate cabs and tone them with the cab dep's. Id go more for clarity of tone than the eq you want. I would definitely use the 57 on axis mic. I think it's necessary to get the right crispness to the tone. Use a mid focus eq to roll off excessive high end.

Still curious to see what the soldano and doom models are like

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna keep messing with the patch tomorrow. I'm trying to get close enough, and I started using the Recto/JCM800 but I just cannot seem to get so much clarity from them as I'd like. I'll start from scratch tomorrow and I'll update as soon as possible.

BTW...I downloaded your patches and they sound amazing. Awesome work. :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Dino Cazares recently posted a picture on twitter of his live rack. Pod HD, Matrix poweramp and g90 wireless. I'm curious as to how people run 800w/1000w+ poweramps through ONE cabinet when multiple 4x12s can't even handle the the wattage? :scratch:

Dont crank it loudly? :lol:

Or he migh have a high-powered cab. Highest rated guitar speaker Ive seen is the EVM12 Black Label which handles 300w alone. Put them in a 4x12 and youll have a cab that can handle 1200w.

bukkakeONyoMAMA

Reaction score
Good timing on the adam jones patch.. I just asked meambobbo to make one up for me... In theory its so easy, but its just so hard to get to really sound authentic... I made one up using the treadplate and fireball but i only got it to sound about 60% there... I wish line 6 would put out a diezel amp model already...

DMONSTER

SS.org Dweller
Reaction score
Alright so heres something i put together in about an hour, total meshuggah rip off stuff as usual but i think i got a really good tone going for that kind of stuff, what do you guys think?

Classy meshuggin by Dan Schmid on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

And for some reason, i cant help but throw in those slow chugging parts in alot of stuff, yet i usually am not exactly HUGE on breakdowns, but cant help but throw them in alot of times :lol:

DMONSTER

SS.org Dweller
Reaction score
Working on a patch to emulate Adam Jones's sound. My guitar is way bright, but I'm on my way!

Vicarious Test by cityofghosts on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

:O OH MY GOD that sounds absolutely killer man, wow :bowdown: that would be awesome if you could post that patch because ive been trying to get a good "tool-esque" patch dialed in but i find its hard to get the perfect balance of his "buzzy" distortion while keeping a good amount of clarity intact with it

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Hai guise.
480079_481218311888877_572028721_n.jpg

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
Started messing around with meambobbo's new patches.. I'm particularily fond of the 8-bit patches for electronic music:lol:

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
Those patches are amazing!! After I heard the Misha Rhythm (old) my rhythm patch totally changed and now it sounds incredible!

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
Alright so heres something i put together in about an hour, total meshuggah rip off stuff as usual but i think i got a really good tone going for that kind of stuff, what do you guys think?

Classy meshuggin by Dan Schmid on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

And for some reason, i cant help but throw in those slow chugging parts in alot of stuff, yet i usually am not exactly HUGE on breakdowns, but cant help but throw them in alot of times :lol:

Is that a keyboard or a plugin i hear at 0:25?

I really like teh sound, what is it?

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
I read something about the reverb/delay trail/spillover not working unless having the same reverb/delays on the patch you're changing to.. This correct? Seems stupid to me personally, haha. Anyone know why, if that's the case?

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
Sure it's possible, but that's more often than not referred to as a no-no for safety reasons.

I got inspired by meambobbo's 8-bit patches that he put up on his site and made some electronic music, using only my guitar and the POD HD.
- And some drums, of course.

There's no bass or synth's in this clip - only drums and guitar+pod
Is there anyhting this POD HD can't do?

My name is Chrillex (POD HD dubstep/electronica) by Chris Larsen 1 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

PodHdBean

Reaction score
upload the patch for those swells!
they sound epppicc
Sure it's possible, but that's more often than not referred to as a no-no for safety reasons.

I got inspired by meambobbo's 8-bit patches that he put up on his site and made some electronic music, using only my guitar and the POD HD.
- And some drums, of course.

There's no bass or synth's in this clip - only drums and guitar+pod
Is there anyhting this POD HD can't do?

My name is Chrillex (POD HD dubstep/electronica) by Chris Larsen 1 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free