This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

polarbeast666

Reaction score
anyone have a patch for a awesome delay lead? My prog/djent band is gonna record backing tracks and I cant seem to find the right tone..

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
So I can't get any balls behind any of my tones without them sounding terribly hissy and fizzy. It literally sounds like I'm playing through my 10w practice amp. WAT DO?!

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score

PodHdBean

Reaction score
lol what do u have the output set to? studio?
So I can't get any balls behind any of my tones without them sounding terribly hissy and fizzy. It literally sounds like I'm playing through my 10w practice amp. WAT DO?!

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score

Some more info might help? Are you recording on a PC/Mac or running it to a cabinet or through a self-powered pa speaker?

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Running it DI into a PA system, but it also sounds the same way ran through my monitors.

My setup goes something like Hard Gate> Screamer> Hard Gate> F-Ball> V-30> 57 off> Parametric EQ> Studio EQ. And I've heard enough clips to know that this is more than capable of hanging in the same range as the Axe-FX Standard (which I just sold), so it's all just user error. And i have no idea what to do.

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score

Purelojik

Reaction score
I do have one on. It still sounds fizzy either way. I haven't had the chance to put it in Pod Edit, nor download any patches, so I'll try that and see how it changes things.

are you sure your running studio direct mode?

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I do have one on. It still sounds fizzy either way. I haven't had the chance to put it in Pod Edit, nor download any patches, so I'll try that and see how it changes things.

I found turning down my gain a lot (both treadplates are at around 3.5, let the tube screamer do its work), setting master to around 15% (power amp master in the deep editing menu), hum to 0%, Bias (and excursion) to 0%, and of course, lowering the treble. Those steps should make a noticeable difference.

Edit: I personally have not been able to make the F-Ball NOT sound fizzy and to be honest, as soon as I switched to the Treadplate (rectifier) I instantly noticed it was more organic and definitely less thin and fizzy. But that's just my experience, I'm sure if you keep working on the F Ball you'll find a good tone; good luck.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Running it DI into a PA system, but it also sounds the same way ran through my monitors.

My setup goes something like Hard Gate> Screamer> Hard Gate> F-Ball> V-30> 57 off> Parametric EQ> Studio EQ. And I've heard enough clips to know that this is more than capable of hanging in the same range as the Axe-FX Standard (which I just sold), so it's all just user error. And i have no idea what to do.

turn the F-Ball gain way down. I have mine at 13% and the screamer drive at 5%. It's more than enough.

sag to 10%, master cranked, and deep cab editing set to 75% or so for both. It's a mid gain/low saturated chug with plenty of low end.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Screamer is at 0%, gain is at 20%. Still ridiculously fizzy. I'm not sure if I'm running studio direct or not. How do I tell?

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score
turn the F-Ball gain way down. I have mine at 13% and the screamer drive at 5%. It's more than enough.

sag to 10%, master cranked, and deep cab editing set to 75% or so for both. It's a mid gain/low saturated chug with plenty of low end.

That sounds good too! There are so many options in the deep editing, it's crazy.