RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the info :) So would the Pod HD Pro work just plugged into the computer by USB without any power amp, interface or anything I am unaware of. Does it need a power source or anything?

You have to plug its power supply in as well. USB power won't turn it on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

meambobbo

Reaction score
To be honest I'm not a fan of Dino's tone on the new album. The tread 4x12 cab sounds naked out there - way too thin on its own. This is why I like to use it paired with an xxl or hiway

PodHdBean

Reaction score
lol isn't the thread cab on the pod the loud boomy ear piercing one ?:nuts:
im guessing e.q is a must for that cab lol
agree with u on the hiwatt and engl cab though !
even the xxl cab with a ribbon mic seems to have a pretty nice effect to it:shred:
To be honest I'm not a fan of Dino's tone on the new album. The tread 4x12 cab sounds naked out there - way too thin on its own. This is why I like to use it paired with an xxl or hiway

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
321906_10151162302175376_893830190_o.jpg

I'll be doing a Line 6 HD500 clinic for NZ's Line 6 Distributors next month. Really looking forward to it! Going to concentrate primarily on getting a good live D.I tone and how get the most out of the HD500 in a live enviroment i.e. setting up your patches and assigning multiple effects parameters to the same footswitch/expression pedal etc.

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
I'll be doing a Line 6 HD500 clinic for NZ's Line 6 Distributors next month. Really looking forward to it! Going to concentrate primarily on getting a good live D.I tone and how get the most out of the HD500 in a live enviroment i.e. setting up your patches and assigning multiple effects parameters to the same footswitch/expression pedal etc.

Great!!

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
I'll also be posting a post-clinic article on a local gear nerd website, along with audio samples and patch files I create in the clinic. Will post a link up once it is done!

BringerOfBlood

Dark Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've got my pod hd300 yesterday and even though I already tried for quite a long time, I haven't found my perfect metal tone yet :/

It seems to me, that amps like California Treadplate ergo Mesa are just too fat for the sound I want.

I'm listening to bands like Necrophagist, Obscura, Decrepit Birth and I'm playing Death most of the times.. On my crappy Digitech I think I had a sound which had a little bit more punch than the one of Death, but is just not as fat as for example Ola Englunds sounds....

Some other amps on the other hand have a way too percussive sound on the open E string (which is tuned down to D on my guitar), for my taste.

I know that Christian Münzner used a Engl amp with tubescreamer for Omnivium, but I didn't get any decent sound out of the tubedrive yet.

Most of the stuff is also pretty muddy and i haven't found the best noise gate settings either.

Any suggestions what kind of amps etc. to use?

PS: I'm playing a schecter hellraiser special, ergo active EMG pickups.

Lianoroto

Reaction score
Did you try changing cabs when you experimented with different amplifiers? Also, it is not such a bad idea to run an EQ infront to get rid of some mud before you apply gain to the signal.

meambobbo

Reaction score
Bringer of blood, I find the amp dep sag and cab dep decay really affect the thickness an sponginess vs percussiveness of the tone. Play with those. Also look into trying a distortion effect as a filter in front the amps. I like the tube drive, screamer, and line 6 drive the most. Line 6 drive might be best - mids changes the type of distortion you get dramatically