polarbeast666

Reaction score
what should I do if I just wanted to use my hd500 as effects? Like use m peavey 6505 for its distortion and everything but use the hd500 as a noise gate? I also have a tube screamer in real life, where should that go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
what should I do if I just wanted to use my hd500 as effects? Like use m peavey 6505 for its distortion and everything but use the hd500 as a noise gate? I also have a tube screamer in real life, where should that go?

You can. Bypass the preamp section on HD500 and connect it with 6505 with the 4 cables method. I liked the TS808 featured in my HD Pro. I hope you'll use it for other FX and not only for noise gate :lol:

ArrowHead

Reaction score
OK you're right, I will try reaper and if I like it, it might be worth the 60$

eek - my apologies - I mistook you for one of the "reaper police" who run from forum to forum yelling "reaper isn't free!!!" any time someone suggested it as a free option for recording. Didn't notice your earlier post, and that you were the one looking for software.

Shamrocky

Reaction score
Hi to All members first.I'm runing ux2 with metal pack for a year.Just for home playing and some recording.Kind of happy with a sound when I'm using cab impulses.But in a few weeks we starting playing as a band and I need a gear.
Don't have a cash for AxeFx hehe,looking for good and cheap stuff.Today I discover this POD pro in rack,Cazares is saying a lot about it.I want to get POD hd pro and tubed engl or mesa boogie power amp.As a cab 2x12 orange or mesa on v30.I have no chance to check this stuff together, even in Dublin:)
Tell me if I'm wrong or this is a good way for djenty 7 string metal
cheers

book_of_lies777

Reaction score
...blah, blah, blah...

As for Audacity - Don't do it, dude. Try Reaper first. ASIO support (the driver's your POD and music software/hardware use) is not included in Audacity as they'd have to pay to use it and that would break their gnu license. Unless you're in the mood to completely re-compile their software, it just isn't worthwhile.

um... I've used Audacity for recording with PODs for years. :scratch: :rolleyes:

But yeah, Reaper is great.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
so were left in the dark yet again
News
=/ i really wish line 6 wasnt so shitty with customer service
we paid for the top of the line one yet we dont get no pod farm 2.5 and a update lame!

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
News
we paid for the top of the line one yet we dont get no pod farm 2.5 and a update lame!

^ agree.
But they don't do it only for PodFarm. For example: Fractal has a few products to sell and their "firmware team" can release more new firmwares. L6 has a lot of products and I heard they were looking for firmware/hardware engineers. That's why...

PodHdBean

Reaction score
that sounds about right i just hope we at least get pod farm for free cus this pod edit isn't getting it done inside DAW

ArrowHead

Reaction score
News

Ever actually used Pod Farm? The HD 500 blows it out of the water. I think this is meant to satisfy people who bought the 300 and realized the limitations weren't worth the money saved.

My second guess is that we'll be getting some new updates in the future that the 300 isn't capable of getting, and this is to balance that out a bit.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
that sounds about right i just hope we at least get pod farm for free cus this pod edit isn't getting it done inside DAW

Pod Farm is not the HD modeling inside your Pod HD. It's the old models in the X3,XT, and Pod 2.

What issues are you having with Edit? You don't use it in the DAW. It's not a plugin.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
From the Dino interview, he says he runs his POD HD Pro mixed 25% left and right. Mine is mixed 100% left and right. What difference does this make to the sound? Has anyone really experimented with this? I thought it would not make a difference since it's coming out of two monitors usually, creating a panning effect regardless of the mix.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
From the Dino interview, he says he runs his POD HD Pro mixed 25% left and right. Mine is mixed 100% left and right. What difference does this make to the sound? Has anyone really experimented with this? I thought it would not make a difference since it's coming out of two monitors usually, creating a panning effect regardless of the mix.

The further you pan them out, the larger the stereo "spread" will appear. If you want to hear the effect more clearly, try listening to it on headphones.

A common recording trick is to take two guitars panned at 25%, and two guitars panned at 75-100% to make a really wide and large sound.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
The further you pan them out, the larger the stereo "spread" will appear. If you want to hear the effect more clearly, try listening to it on headphones.

A common recording trick is to take two guitars panned at 25%, and two guitars panned at 75-100% to make a really wide and large sound.

You're absolutely right in everything you say, my bad, I should have said, what difference would it make in terms of a LIVE sound?

ArrowHead

Reaction score
You're absolutely right in everything you say, my bad, I should have said, what difference would it make in terms of a LIVE sound?

A wider spread stereo source will sound thinner/quieter through a mono output. However, if you're running a stereo out the difference will be determined by how the soundman treats the signal you're giving him.

For live use, I'd pan both cabs in the same direction, and run a single output.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
A wider spread stereo source will sound thinner/quieter through a mono output. However, if you're running a stereo out the difference will be determined by how the soundman treats the signal you're giving him.

For live use, I'd pan both cabs in the same direction, and run a single output.

Oh my God. That makes so much sense. So if using a single mono output, L or R, in the mix option on the POD both sides should be put to that side as the output?

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Oh my God. That makes so much sense. So if using a single mono output, L or R, in the mix option on the POD both sides should be put to that side as the output?

I won't say "should", because I could be wrong.

I'll just say that's what I do. Or actually, I might just pan them both to center. I think the POD sums to mono when you use only one output.

I need to check that for you ... or perhaps one of the smarter dudes like Bobbo or Kitten can chime in.