meambobbo

Reaction score
i took the plunge. no bugs noticed so far. new SLO models are good...

...but the SLO Overdrive is HORRIBLE on DSP. I had a patch with a delay and reverb. now I can only fit a delay, not a reverb without the delay. So this means the amp model takes up between (edit)4-8% MORE DSP than any of the other high gain amps. edit: I originally wrote 8-16% but revised because I forgot I was using dual amps (same amp model, different cab/mic).

I'm not sure how much I'll end up using it because of the extreme DSP cost. The tone sounds kind of like a hot-rodded Marshall, between the JCM-800 and Uber models. It's got that muddy breakup both of them have, which needs to be dialed out. But it also has a nice upper-mids breakup that sounds great. I think I'm sticking with a boosted Uber for those type tones, but I still have a lot of work to put in.

and that is my $2,000,000.00

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
I'm loving the SLO model its like a better Fball to me. It doesn't have that nasty high end i hated. Especially with the stock cabinet, i'm loving it.

Meambobbo, could you experiment with cabs on the slo and see whats the best? I was going to doubt the T75 but its the best cab so far with the SLO.

meambobbo

Reaction score
ok, so the SLOverdrive is the best model on here. The warm response it has is incredible. SO WARM. Maybe not the tightest 5150-esque metal tone (at least from my early attempts at one), but it dominates for leads and all hard rock tones. VERY responsive to dynamics - a model that truly cleans up when turning down the volume knob. I easily see this working for Petrucci and Vai tones - just dial in the Vai with a Distortion effect in front for a fatter, rounder breakup tone, and make the Petrucci tone tighter and djentier.

I've also found that while I can't fit delay and reverb when using "dual cab" patches due to the higher DSP constraints, I can get a great sound by using a delay as well as using some E.R. to simulate reverb. Not as much control as a real reverb, and I usually don't like it, but it works here. will post clips/patches later. will make my own thread.

I use Treadplate/57 on aixs + Greenbacks/121. I put an FX Loop on the channel with the Greenbacks/121, and just run a patch cable between send receive. This syncs up the two channels, so the sound is tight and has a full frequency response.

For effects, I have a Noise Gate, Line 6 Drive, Digital Delay, and Mid-Focus EQ. To simulate Reverb, I use 20% E.R. on the Greenbacks/121 and 15% E.R. on the Tread/57 on axis.

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got a POD HD Pro and I'm looking to order some monitors for it today.
These are the two I'm looking at:

Any help here?

Amazon.com: Pair of KRK Rokit 5 Studio Monitor Speakers with Two 18-Foot XLR Cables: Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: M-Audio BX5 D2: Musical Instruments

I have this monitor for my POD HD Pro, same buyer and everything, and it's pretty good and really affordable, the 12 inch is good too I hear. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alto-TS115A...o_Audio_Speakers_Monitors&hash=item2ec2550cb4

DMONSTER

SS.org Dweller
Reaction score
Ok just installed the update.......now my POD doesnt get past the "Line 6" thing when i turn it on.....what the fuck..... Just FYI people might wanna wait mine is the bean if that makes a difference

ArrowHead

Reaction score
If anyone needs me for the next couple days, I'll be locked in the studio playing Ratt through the Soldano models nonstop.

MEAMBOBBO, craft me a fucking Lay it Down tone PLEASE. I can never get the verb/presence quite right.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Glad these models finally made it to the fancy pods. The SLO od channel is truly awesome for leads.

I'm excited to see what people do with the Doom and Epic models. The Doom's sort of neat, though I don't think it does anything that you can't do with either the JCM or some of the more vintage options. The Epic... I'm interested to see if anyone can do anything with it at all. It sucked on the 300, but maybe it can shine with some EQing.

Kristianx510

Reaction score
Ok just installed the update.......now my POD doesnt get past the "Line 6" thing when i turn it on.....what the fuck..... Just FYI people might wanna wait mine is the bean if that makes a difference

Good thing I havent updated yet..Let us know when you get this fixed!

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score

Had the same problem updating my PodHD Pro. It kept rebooting every 5 seconds after the update. :scratch:

So what I did was put the POD in Firmware Update mode (hold D-pad in the "down" direction and power on). Waited for the screen to show "Update Flash" and ran the update again. Updated without a hitch. :yesway:

Also discovered the diagnostics mode (hold D-pad in "right" direction and power on). Not bad idea to check that the Flash and SDRAM tests are passing if you still cant flash the firmware. Scroll up and down the menu with the D-pad and use "View" to enter selected test.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
i wasn't expecting much from the epic amp model but damn all i have to say guys is this amp model is amazing! i lowered the master volume put it through the usual gate<comp<screamer<gate<Amp<eq and this amp just has a great feel to it very surprised and i highly recommend everyone try out this amp.works great for low tunings

PodHdBean

Reaction score
did u resolve this?i have a bean and the update worked fine.just had to install all the other updates before updating the Firmware
My computer isnt even recognizing it when I plug it in the USB :( what is this madness?!?!

Lopo

Reaction score
Hey guys what about reamping with the hd500?
you know that for a reamp you need a reampbox because the signal goes out in the hi-z form and bla bla bla..
I was thinking about the fx loop of the hd500
or the unbalanced outputs are good too for that function?

Charlez

Reaction score

Just saw this on the line 6 page
After POD HD500 Flash/Re-Flash/Update: MANDATORY Global Settings Reset!

If you do not do this, one of the tell-tale symptoms that may surface after a Monkey Flash Memory update is that the HD500 will be stuck in a continuous re-boot/power cycling state (you'll keep seeing the Logo and the unit keeps re-starting itself). Sometimes this may not occur, but a secondary telltale sign that a user has not performed a Global Settings reset is the USB communication between the HD500 and HD500 Edit software will be extremely slow/sluggish.

Kidneythief

Reaction score
Could someone give me a description how to do the proper update of the HD500?
I'm still at work, can't wait to get home and try it out, but don't want to mess up my POD.

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
Tried the SLO! Not bad, but I think I'll keep using F-ball in my main rhythm patch for Tech Death shit. I'll use it for something else :lol: Screamer + L6 Drive is a awesome combo!!

DMONSTER

SS.org Dweller
Reaction score
Had the same problem updating my PodHD Pro. It kept rebooting every 5 seconds after the update. :scratch:

So what I did was put the POD in Firmware Update mode (hold D-pad in the "down" direction and power on). Waited for the screen to show "Update Flash" and ran the update again. Updated without a hitch. :yesway:

Also discovered the diagnostics mode (hold D-pad in "right" direction and power on). Not bad idea to check that the Flash and SDRAM tests are passing if you still cant flash the firmware. Scroll up and down the menu with the D-pad and use "View" to enter selected test.

:bowdown::bowdown: Thanks SO much...this worked and fixed it, thank god too haha I was thinking my POD was done :scream:

This is why I <3 this forum :agreed:

meambobbo

Reaction score
best advice i can give for firmware update:

1) open HD Edit and have it load all your patches. Save them as a bundle. Close Edit, and do not reopen until all steps below are completed.
2) update Line 6 Monkey, then Pod HD Drivers, then Pod HD Edit. Be sure to unplug the USB connection when prompted during installation wizards.
3) reconnect USB and let the updated drivers detect the Pod HD.
4) restart Line 6 Monkey and choose to update the flash. be sure not to unplug during the update. Choose to NOT keep any presets. when the update is done, it will prompt you to unplug, wait 5 sec and replug. do so. it will tell you if the update was successful - if not follow the advice about booting in alternate modes above.
5) open HD Edit, open your saved bundle, and choose the Send All option to reload all your patches to the actual Pod.