This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
I need some help. I'm getting a slapback delay effect on every patch, even a blank one. What is going on?

Alex6534

Reaction score
Has anybody got a Mark Tremonti/Metalingus type rhythm patch? Or something that resembles his tone?

Paolosev91

Reaction score
I am thinking that maybe the input2: variax works but actually sends an half signal to the pod! I am not a master in electronics but I think that there is a difference in dynamics between:
1) half signal (guitar+variax) + eq boost to achieve the same input level (meambobbo's method) and
2) full signal (guitar+same) without boost!

I happened to think this because of the pod signal routing:
if I want to play guitar and bass on the same patch, I have to divide the path with 2 amps.
Using regular routing (guitar+aux(bass)) I will have the same guitar level pushing my amp, so my path A amp reacts as it should.
Now here's POD scheme:
guit+variax amp in pre: low signal
guit+variax amp path A: normal signal
guit+same amp in pre: normal signal
guit+same amp path A: normal signal. (so that you can use 2 instruments or 2 amps being fed with the right guitar level)
That's why Line6 leaves "same" as default! I'm pretty sure that the pod was designed to be used in that way if you are using a single amp! (the amp in path A introduces a slight delay, that you can hear comparing patches as you play)
meambobbo said that there are phase problems in the doubled guitar signal, and I'm sure he can prove it. But I think that with "same" you only have a double amplitude signal hitting the amp in pre and not to signals interfering with each other and creating odd effects.
However, my analysis doesn't solve the clipping problems! You always have to reduce gain before some effects such as screamers, than boost it again... and you have to do it more often while using "same". But I think it leaves more dynamics and amp feel than the variax setting. Listen to any amp sample on youtube that provides knob settings, then recreate that sound with a signle amp in pre patch. You can achieve that sound immediately without boosting if you use the "input2: same" setting. that's how they designed the pod.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I need some help. I'm getting a slapback delay effect on every patch, even a blank one. What is going on?

Try to reset it, by that I mean, re-flash it, but make sure you save your patches before you do that and then when prompted so NO to retain patches, and re-load your tones after the re-flash.
See if that helps!

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
I don't know. I am still trying to figure out how to use it.... The only global setting I see is the input setup. The problem only started to occur when I downloaded some patches, I just don't understand why that would make every patch have this annoying slapback effect.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I don't know. I am still trying to figure out how to use it.... The only global setting I see is the input setup. The problem only started to occur when I downloaded some patches, I just don't understand why that would make every patch have this annoying slapback effect.

I advise you to re-flash and after re-flash to reset all global settings (then you will need to re-calibrate your expr. pedal), but DO save your patches before and choose NOT to retain your tones.

This might take you 5 minutes, but it's worth a try, IMO. :yesway:

Kristianx510

Reaction score
Has anyone ever plugged their guitar into the XLR input on the front to get the input volume, plus the signal/clip LEDs? Any thoughts on that?

pathos45

Reaction score
Has anyone ever plugged their guitar into the XLR input on the front to get the input volume, plus the signal/clip LEDs? Any thoughts on that?

I do this usually every other day with my bassist for jamming late at night. I like using bass in the xlr spot though because i usually never get the bass loud enough just straight into the input. Ive also tried with my guitar, it started clipping at low vol.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
anyone have any good results with the mackie thump 15 and pod hd?
just ordered one for a good price.Was going to get the alto but guitar center wanted to charge me 380 for it.$100 more then the mackie on ams

im hoping i mad the right choice
please let me know any issues u guys have with the mackies if anything ill just return and get the altos

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I'm still messing with the EQ, but here is a sample of the Scale the Summit patch I've been messing with. I need to roll off some of the treble, which is immediately obvious.

And I am terribly absent minded so I forgot to put the sound file at the BEGINNING of the DAW, so you need to skip to about 8 seconds in to actually get sound. I just threw some random StS riffs in there and noodled at the end. It's a bit sloppy at some parts. :fawk:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64810313/Scale the Tone.wav

This was recorded with my 28.6" 8 string with a D Activator in the neck position. When you're up higher on the neck, the key is to roll your tone knob down a little bit.

Here is the link to the patch:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64810313/Scale the Tone.hre

PodHdBean

Reaction score
THALL

just ordered one for a good price.Was going to get the alto but guitar center wanted to charge me 380 for it.$100 more then the mackie on ams

please let me know any issues u guys have with the mackies if anything ill just return and get the altos

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
THALL

You just asked this same question 5 posts ago... Maybe have a little patience, it's the weekend and people are busy using their hd's!

That being said, you'll get good results with any quality monitor. If its FRFR, then it will sound very similar, if not identical to another FRFR.