Zei

Reaction score
It's a shame to see ya go but it sounds like your life is gonna be interesting for awhile! You taught me a lot and I still go to your guide frequently. See ya man!

:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

that short guy

Reaction score
There were way too many pages for me too read to find this and the search wasn't being too friendly but can anyone recommend me a starting point to try and get a whitechapel-ish tone? I've been messing around with a bunch of the amps and combining them and have got a lot of good tones, however I still can't get that sound I'm going for. any help would be awesome.

-Wes

PodHdBean

Reaction score
what kind of tone are u going for?
There were way too many pages for me too read to find this and the search wasn't being too friendly but can anyone recommend me a starting point to try and get a whitechapel-ish tone? I've been messing around with a bunch of the amps and combining them and have got a lot of good tones, however I still can't get that sound I'm going for. any help would be awesome.

-Wes

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
Hey guys. Im looking at a poweramp for my Pod HD Pro. Im currently running it through the power section of my amp. I use no cab for the sound, since my mesa cab and amp colours the sound nicely =)
The only problem is a logistical one. I wanna go full rack, instead of having to drag the head along with the rack.

Which poweramps are GOOD for their price. I prefer tubes btw.
If i had all the money in the world, then i would go for a engl 100/100. But i dont :(

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Cheap: Peavey Classic (60/60 for 6L6, 50/50 for EL84)
Expensive-ish: Marshall MonoBloc
Higher-end: Mesa power amps, VHT/Fryette 2/50/2 and 2/90/2

wakjob

Reaction score
Seriously. You should try both tube and solid state power amps if you can.

When I had my Axe FX I tried everything I could, including tube amp head FX loop returns.
There's minimal difference between tube and SS with these newer modelers.

Per the usual, JazzHands is right on the money with his recommendations.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Rocktron Velocity 300 is really good and dirt cheap but it is solid state. With something like a POD though getting a tube power amp is probably best, especially if you want a bit more warmth in your tone and aren't getting it from other methods. Peavey Classic's are rad too, like Jazz said.

Shask

Reaction score
I would also consider the Carvin TS-100. It is suppose to be very neutral and not color much.

japs5607

Reaction score
I'm getting the matrix shortly after Christmas. Cannot wait. Some great videos on YouTube

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
The Marshall 9005 I have goes for $400 all day (what I paid). Pretty good power, but 4 rack spaces.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
I would also consider the Carvin TS-100. It is suppose to be very neutral and not color much.
I never really understood that point of making a tube amp that doesn't color.
People use tube amps BECAUSE they color & sweeten the tone. Just seems like tube weight & maintenance with none of the tube benefits.

For me, I really dig the Carvin DCM amps. Transparent, very powerful, lightweight & extremely reliable.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I never really understood that point of making a tube amp that doesn't color.
People use tube amps BECAUSE they color & sweeten the tone. Just seems like tube weight & maintenance with none of the tube benefits.

That sounds like a tube amp someone would own just for the sake of saying they own a tube amp. :lol: