RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
How does one use the impulses?

I use LeCab2. It's free, low latency and you can load up to 6 impulses. Makes things easier to go back and forth between options.

There are some good free impulses, but the redwirez are definitely worth it. Almost too many options though lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TallestFiddle

Reaction score
hey im a new user, to this forum and forums in general, i recently got my Pod HD500 and imjust trying to get some tips for setting it up. im using it through the FX return of my peavey XXX, im happy with the tone here but its not loud enough, everything cranked master on amp and pod, and at home im running it through some shitty M Audio studiophile AV40's, heres where im not happy, i cant seem to get a tone that im really happy with, ive got a few usable ones but nothing outstanding, can anyone give me any tips for a good rhythm tone? tones i like are Machine head, Children of Bodom and Animals as leaders, i mainly play on my 6 string in Drop B, any advice would be helpful

Google Meambobbo, he's got a really in depth guide about how to set up the POD HD, as well as some sample tones you can mess around with and compare to.

Usernames sucks

Reaction score
Hi, i have been thinking about hooking my pod hd500 up to one of my studio monitors to practice (i have 2 krk rockit 5). I have my computer plugged in my audio interface, and my interface to the krks with trs or whatever it is called). But when i plug a single xlr to the xlr in on the krk, the volume is very low. Why? I have set it to studio/line.

JLP2005

Chief Knuckledragger
Reaction score
Hi, i have been thinking about hooking my pod hd500 up to one of my studio monitors to practice (i have 2 krk rockit 5). I have my computer plugged in my audio interface, and my interface to the krks with trs or whatever it is called). But when i plug a single xlr to the xlr in on the krk, the volume is very low. Why? I have set it to studio/line.

Sounds like you need a power amp to increase your signal?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

Is your master or channel volume turned down? Are you running in stereo and only getting have the signal to the monitor?

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Usernames sucks
Hi, i have been thinking about hooking my pod hd500 up to one of my studio monitors to practice (i have 2 krk rockit 5). I have my computer plugged in my audio interface, and my interface to the krks with trs or whatever it is called). But when i plug a single xlr to the xlr in on the krk, the volume is very low. Why? I have set it to studio/line

I had the same problem with the XLR's. Use the 1/4" outs. They work much better. :agreed: