The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Hell, I've almost given up on worrying about speakers. I'm mostly concerned with something that sits well in a mix across different audio sources, like cheap headphones, laptops, or cars. It's almost made me give up tweaking patches so much since I realized that my tones sound so different coming from different sources.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
The line 6 site is full of a lot of shi**y patches honestly .I know what u mean by each speaker sounding different but I mean just a overall balance for front of Te house systems.Ive made several patches for different applications.It would be very helpful but I guess no one sees it because it doesn't exist.

Such a place exists. patch land

That being said, every tone changes with different guitars, so obviously every pa speaker will sound different as well. Otherwise there would only be one company making speakers and you wouldn't have any options. Not to mention that if someone uploads a patch for a 12" pa speaker, it obviously won't be ideal on a 15" or a 10"

Basically what I'm saying is quit being lazy and tweak your own patches like the rest of us ;)

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Long fucking post I won't waste post quoting :lol: .
Yeah I saw today that there are 3 samples between them. Wouldn't putting a tube compressor before the greenback even it out and put them fairly in phase? I think you should try the patch out. It's quite nice sounding to me.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
I'm about to put a 500 on lay-by, but I'm not sure about the tracking of the octave up can someone try it on a bass with a low B string for me please?

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

meambobbo

Reaction score
Yeah I saw today that there are 3 samples between them. Wouldn't putting a tube compressor before the greenback even it out and put them fairly in phase? I think you should try the patch out. It's quite nice sounding to me.

I will include this combination in my new setlist for dual cabs when I make it soon. I appreciate the suggestion - I wish ppl had found more.

The Tube Comp, if I remember correctly provides 6 samples delay @96kHZ. So if Channel A - Channel B = 3 samples latency, then adding a Tube Comp to Channel B would just end up with -3 samples latency - same difference. Shouldn't have much impact on tone, other than the compression (and the mild LP filter that comes with the tube comp).

meambobbo

Reaction score
The line 6 site is full of a lot of shi**y patches honestly .I know what u mean by each speaker sounding different but I mean just a overall balance for front of Te house systems.Ive made several patches for different applications.It would be very helpful but I guess no one sees it because it doesn't exist.

all mine are 4-5 stars, lol. i actually think they're not that great compared to later versions of them, but i refuse to keep re-uploading them to customtone.

i wanted to start a patch site at one point that would accomplish what you're saying, but ain't nobody got time for that.

jmeezle

Reaction score
BOBBO!

I used one of your Periphery patches for this clip. It sounds nothing like a Periphery tone but that's OK because I'm not going for their tone (if that makes ANY sense).

I only used a SM57 0in away from the cap on a Mesa 4x12 through Redwirez.... do you guys think the tone needs more beef to it? I'm thinking about trying a R121 to add some depth, what do you guys think?

https://soundcloud.com/jm2484/teddy-new-clip

Thanks!

meambobbo

Reaction score
BOBBO!

I used one of your Periphery patches for this clip. It sounds nothing like a Periphery tone but that's OK because I'm not going for their tone (if that makes ANY sense).

I only used a SM57 0in away from the cap on a Mesa 4x12 through Redwirez.... do you guys think the tone needs more beef to it? I'm thinking about trying a R121 to add some depth, what do you guys think?

https://soundcloud.com/jm2484/teddy-new-clip

Thanks!

HEY!

sounds good to me, dude. probably wouldn't hurt to add the 121, but really I think what it needs is more bass guitar (was there even a bass in the mix?).

meambobbo

Reaction score
there was just talk of bass patches on the last page! and I can't tell if it sucks or not - can't really hear it. Turn it up!

anyway, bass should always thicken things up - it's very important although most people don't realize how much it fills a mix. I'd get the bass right before messing anymore with the guitars - might end up covering some of the same ground.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
HUGE news for me!!! Wayne Hudspath, who collaborated on one song on my album has agreed to do vocals on all the tracks on my next release as well as I have a drummer lined up for sure now!!!

Now I have to make sure I'm happy enough with my diezel tone so that I'll actually use it on every song lol I also have to step up my game and write the best riffs I've ever written as well as write some better solos.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I will include this combination in my new setlist for dual cabs when I make it soon. I appreciate the suggestion - I wish ppl had found more.

The Tube Comp, if I remember correctly provides 6 samples delay @96kHZ. So if Channel A - Channel B = 3 samples latency, then adding a Tube Comp to Channel B would just end up with -3 samples latency - same difference. Shouldn't have much impact on tone, other than the compression (and the mild LP filter that comes with the tube comp).
Oh okay, but the parametric and vetta comp (or red) should even it out? I assume I have to put each one in separate channels.

meambobbo

Reaction score
Right. The only issue is I find that other than the tube comp, the comps tend to alter the tone a little (to a lot depending on which one you use). Try to mute the other channel and toggle the comp on/off until you find the most neutral settings, then bring the other channel back in

surfthealien

Reaction score
HUGE news for me!!! Wayne Hudspath, who collaborated on one song on my album has agreed to do vocals on all the tracks on my next release as well as I have a drummer lined up for sure now!!!

Now I have to make sure I'm happy enough with my diezel tone so that I'll actually use it on every song lol I also have to step up my game and write the best riffs I've ever written as well as write some better solos.

Or I can do all the solo's :hbang: