RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I like doing covers haha. this is Figure 8 by Ellie Goulding. The only thing that I actually had written for this was the chorus. The rest was just pretty much made up on the spot as I recorded. I'll definitely be going back and making changes/improvements and make it less sloppy.

We'll see how long soundcloud keeps it up because they keep deleting my stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/ericsvt18/cover004-1

Also, here's a quick tone test. It's Icarus Lives. I stop playing for a few seconds around the 17sec mark so you can hear their tone compared to mine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2ox9xxlrv5z6s5/cover002.wav

A better idea would be to cut out the backing track and keep playing. It's hard to tell what a tone really sounds like when it's mixed in with other guitars.

Or, I programmed the drums for the first part of the song that I could send you lol

from what i can actually make out from you playing over top, your tone seems very scratchy. im guessing that your not using any high pass? a tone by itself may sound not overly bright, but when its double tracked i find it brings out the brightness more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I'm in the UK, can I use a different US-UK power adapter plug with the basic unit, just the bit that snaps on the front? When mine fell off I think a bit of metal fell out, now I can't get it open again! Or do you think it will work fine anyway? Power still comes on, seems to be working fine, worried about degradation of tone.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Also, in terms of the mix option and dialling that, why wouldn't you just put it straight up the middle if you have a mono signal going in?

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
I downloaded the Satan HD, great tone, but it comes out of my speakers at a very low volume :scratch: I turned off the Pod and then turned it on again...still nothing...

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
I downloaded the Satan HD, great tone, but it comes out of my speakers at a very low volume :scratch: I turned off the Pod and then turned it on again...still nothing...

That's weird, I had the exact opposite. I converted it with jzab to work on my HD bean and it was so loud that it clipped and was really fuzzy.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

Is your expression pedal pushed all the way down? I have it set to control the channel volume on all my patches.

Perge

Reaction score
Is your expression pedal pushed all the way down? I have I set to control the channel volume on all my patches.

I had the same problem. Had to put the amps master all the way up and crank the mixer itself for it to be audible with drums while recording.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Had to put the amps master all the way up and crank the mixer itself for it to be audible with drums while recording.

That would change the tone significantly. Ate you guys checking what your channel volume is at? On my pod it's the exact same level as all my other patches.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Ricky, what tone sounded scratchy to you? The periphery one or the cover song? Lol or both? I'm gonna sit down today and try and write something solid for that cover song since most of it was improv. I think the tone sounds awesome by itself but I don't know how I feel about it with that song.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Ricky, what tone sounded scratchy to you? The periphery one or the cover song? Lol or both? I'm gonna sit down today and try and write something solid for that cover song since most of it was improv. I think the tone sounds awesome by itself but I don't know how I feel about it with that song.

the periphery one.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Ok cool so you think the tone for the cover song works then? I was thinking it may be a little bassy and needed some more brightness.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Ok cool so you think the tone for the cover song works then? I was thinking it may be a little bassy and needed some more brightness.

I couldn't really tell. Both files were so quiet I had to crank the volume just to hear them lol

And if you think it's too bassy, it's probably too bassy. The bass guitar is for bass. The guitar is for mids. As I stated earlier, when you double track it brightens things up.

meambobbo

Reaction score
ok, so i finally figured out how to set the cab DEP's that gives me my favorite cab tone. this sounds as good as any IR i've ever tried.

Channel A - Treadplate 4x12, 57 on axis, Res. Level 35%, Thump 25%, Decay 10%
Channel B - Uber 4x12, 409 Dyn, Res Level 25%, Thump 25%, Decay 20%

You still get the chunky resonance of the Uber, but the Treadplate is so cleaned up, you get very clear, crisp presence and highs, and the tone has lots of expression to it, along with a quick response. It even sounds good if you put some E.R. on there. In fact I recommend that to make it a bit more wet and "in the room".

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
ok, so i finally figured out how to set the cab DEP's that gives me my favorite cab tone. this sounds as good as any IR i've ever tried.

Channel A - Treadplate 4x12, 57 on axis, Res. Level 35%, Thump 25%, Decay 10%
Channel B - Uber 4x12, 409 Dyn, Res Level 25%, Thump 25%, Decay 20%

You still get the chunky resonance of the Uber, but the Treadplate is so cleaned up, you get very clear, crisp presence and highs, and the tone has lots of expression to it, along with a quick response. It even sounds good if you put some E.R. on there. In fact I recommend that to make it a bit more wet and "in the room".

I'll give this a try :) even though I'm back to single cab tones sounding best to me in my mixes again lol

As hard as it is to believe, I've actually stuck to my diezel patch for all my guitar parts of my next album. It's been hard to not try others, but I want this to sound at least semi-professional since it will be an actual printed cd that's being sold. Once that's done I'll get back to writing other random shit and changing my tone all the time lol

PodHdBean

Reaction score
has anyone had the problem of the tube comp making the tones really noisy?
ive noticed this on a few patches i dont know why it does this maybe my pickups are to close to the strings?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
has anyone had the problem of the tube comp making the tones really noisy?
ive noticed this on a few patches i dont know why it does this maybe my pickups are to close to the strings?

i definitely notice it. it helps to have it first in the chain and a gate right after it though.