This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
sounds like just a mono guitar track no bass
Hey guys can anyone tell me what effect(s) I'd have to use to duplicate that weird tone stephen used in the beggining of this song... i think it'd be kinda cool to use as like an in bewtween lofi/telephonic sound

Rygar91

Reaction score
I find that the Pod HD has an insane amount of hissing at just under the 3khz area on every tone. I usually always remove it inside my daw, but do you guy know how I could remove it inside my actual tone?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys can anyone tell me what effect(s) I'd have to use to duplicate that weird tone stephen used in the beggining of this song... i think it'd be kinda cool to use as like an in bewtween lofi/telephonic sound

Add some reverb and use a mid focus eq to cut out the lows.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
The EQs suck on the HD500. Just sayin. I miss the X3's Parametric EQ.

I don't have an issue with them. When I do any post processing I can always match it on the pod. I will admit that the percentage rather than hz is stupid though. I had to write down the conversion from meambobbos page in my book to refer to.

mongey

Reaction score
I don't have an issue with them. When I do any post processing I can always match it on the pod. I will admit that the percentage rather than hz is stupid though. I had to write down the conversion from meambobbos page in my book to refer to.

Agreed. why the hell you'd put EQs in % value I have no idea

Reaction score
I find that the Pod HD has an insane amount of hissing at just under the 3khz area on every tone. I usually always remove it inside my daw, but do you guy know how I could remove it inside my actual tone?

I have the same problem. The producer I am working pointed it out to me. We tried using some outside EQs and stuff while mixing and it just didn't work. We had to retrack the guitars all over again using a different method.

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The producer I am working pointed it out to me. We tried using some outside EQs and stuff while mixing and it just didn't work. We had to retrack the guitars all over again using a different method.

Yup, me too. I learned that trick on the vetta but it still holds true to the Hd series. Every hi gain sim I have has an eq to notch that out, somewhere like 2k-2.5kz. It's a POD thing, apparently.

MikeSweeney

Reaction score
Im thinking of getting a line6 HD300,
Can I run my peavey 5150 pre amp into the pod then into my computer or would I need the pro for that ?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting a line6 HD300,
Can I run my peavey 5150 pre amp into the pod then into my computer or would I need the pro for that ?

What would be the point of that? You can't run just cabinet simulation, so you would be able to do the same thing with just an ordinary interface
Also, keep in mind that using that method you wouldn't get any tone from your power amp which is a very large part of where a 6505 gets its tone.

Static

Reaction score
Hey guys..there's something weird going on with my HD Pro's tuner function ..everything seems to be working fine but when I press the tap/tuner button, the screen doesn't show the notes, no matter what i play on the guitar ..anyone have or had a similar problem?this is the first time this has happened.

HOGANMW

Innovation Threat
Reaction score
Unfortunately in my opinion guys, any noise gate, distortion pedal or EQ in a chain added before amp/amps destroys your tone. Sound gets flat. If you want amazing booster, sustainer/compresor and EQ just go for EH Graphic Fuzz.
Sound is twice better/fatter. POD sounds more like an amp than just digital toy. I gave up with HD500's noise gates as well. ISP Decimator2 is the only solution.

Attachments

• IMG_1543_1503x1002.jpg
    IMG_1543_1503x1002.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 32

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately in my opinion guys, any noise gate, distortion pedal or EQ in a chain added before amp/amps destroys your tone. Sound gets flat. If you want amazing booster, sustainer/compresor and EQ just go for EH Graphic Fuzz.
Sound is twice better/fatter. POD sounds more like an amp than just digital toy. I gave up with HD500's noise gates as well. ISP Decimator2 is the only solution.

The Q filter works better than any overdrive on the pod. I've gotten many realistic and professional tones from the pod as well as the best tones ive gotten have an eq after the q filter and before the amp. I also sold my decimator because I could get the pods gates working just as well.

Perhaps you just aren't trying hard enough ;)

Reaction score
The Q filter works better than any overdrive on the pod. I've gotten many realistic and professional tones from the pod as well as the best tones ive gotten have an eq after the q filter and before the amp. I also sold my decimator because I could get the pods gates working just as well.

Perhaps you just aren't trying hard enough ;)

I haven't memorized everything in it since the pod is still new to me... But the gate I'm using in the tone I've made doesn't really compare with my ISP Decimator G String. I'll probably end up running that pedal in the fx loop and not bother with any gates in the pod.

HOGANMW

Innovation Threat
Reaction score
I think that I was trying to hard :)
I have been working on Q filter ages ago... ...just after somebody posted here some news about new solution (Q filter)
I'm not a djent type person and I prefer more good live sound. Because I play olny with Electro Voice ELX115P active speaker I was looking for warmer tone and with EH Graphic Fuzz toy I got it.
I was playing with your patches. They are great but do not fit to my style and with that tone I couldn't play live. Your recordings/tracks are awesome too. Sound is great but I think that live sound is more important to me. Probably POD with tube amp and 4x12 cab sund much better but I prefer FRFR sytem much more. Less to carry :)

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I think that I was trying to hard :)
I have been working on Q filter ages ago... ...just after somebody posted here some news about new solution (Q filter)
I'm not a djent type person and I prefer more good live sound. Because I play olny with Electro Voice ELX115P active speaker I was looking for warmer tone and with EH Graphic Fuzz toy I got it.
I was playing with your patches. They are great but do not fit to my style and with that tone I couldn't play live. Your recordings/tracks are awesome too. Sound is great but I think that live sound is more important to me. Probably POD with tube amp and 4x12 cab sund much better but I prefer FRFR sytem much more. Less to carry :)

My tones are all made for recording. So they definitely wouldn't work as well live. They're made for multi tracking.

If you use a parametric after the Q filter you can warm up the sound a lot. Tou should also try different mic combos.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't memorized everything in it since the pod is still new to me... But the gate I'm using in the tone I've made doesn't really compare with my ISP Decimator G String. I'll probably end up running that pedal in the fx loop and not bother with any gates in the pod.

Where in the chain are you using the pods gates?