btbamthewell

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Would you mind giving me some feedback on my recordings. All recorded using HD 500 & EZ Drummer.

I've no experience with recording what so ever, so any advice/criticism on quality of recording & the musical quality is much appreciated.

Post-Metal interlude,
https://soundcloud.com/djinnmusic-1/the-decapod

This is a full song but I feel like I still need to add to it,
https://soundcloud.com/djinnmusic-1/mondoshawan

I'll check this out tomorrow sometime. I'm not an expert, but my mixes are getting fairly killer if I do say so myself lol

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
i finally figured out a way to use my wifes camera for videos. it was her idea to stick a little mirror behind the screen so it could see what was on it. worked perfectly! and now i have a video that you can actually see what im doing, so the sound quality matches the video quality lol

Edit: apparently its not as good as the original video file was. i only have windows video maker though, so it compresses the shit out of it. anyone know of a better (free) video editor?

Bump for next page action. I also found a video editor :)

Reaction score
Thy Art is Murder tone match?...

In the meantime, I have been digging on the tone in this video that a recent forum member posted (you can see the thread under the Sevenstring guitar section of the forum).

It is a Krank Revolution profile on the Kemper....but to me it just sounds like the stereotypical "Killswitch Engage" or "In This Moment" type of tone....still digging it sooo much though.

Bump for next page action.

Also, RickyCigs, dude, that video!!! :metal:

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Not bad! The JCM800 is one of my least favorite models but you've got it sounding decent - the zeppelin sounds good! I've been using the Plexi Lead 100 lately, to me that one's easy to get sounding like a real amp - really good with a heavy screamer boost too.

I find it's all a matter of finding the right mid-focus EQ settings for each amp. Most of the high gain amps are in a similar ballpark but with amps like the JCM800, you need to let some more high range bleed through.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Here is a demo I did using Kane's Periphery patch; probably not the best application for this patch but I had an idea I wanted to get down and his patch is great! The lead patch is a Satriani patch I downloaded. A WIP!

https://soundcloud.com/berial-feilong29/rash-2-0

you make that patch sound fantastic! I've recently tweaked all my patches to get rid of the insane midrange emphasis, I may record a demo and put it up later, along with the patch, of course.

feilong29

Reaction score
you make that patch sound fantastic! I've recently tweaked all my patches to get rid of the insane midrange emphasis, I may record a demo and put it up later, along with the patch, of course.

Thanks bro! Looking forward to your upload!

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
well it looks like i wont be posting much for the next while. i just got superior drummer with the metal foundry expansion working, so i need to learn to eq this sucker properly until i reveal anymore.

just as ive read online, the cymbals sound fantastic! the drums portion arent as good, but still better than drumkit from hell. i just need to use my tone matching abilities to match my kick with some killer commercial productions.

working on a song with yet another new tone as well. stay tuned!

that short guy

Reaction score
Hey guys can anyone tell me what effect(s) I'd have to use to duplicate that weird tone stephen used in the beggining of this song... i think it'd be kinda cool to use as like an in bewtween lofi/telephonic sound