This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
How can I make my tone less fizzy? I'm using a VGS Soulmaster 7 with the shitty stock pickups and a HD400 which isn't the best setup on the planet and I'm a crappy guitarist, but there's got to be some way of cleaning this up a bit. Here's a screenshot if that helps.

https://soundcloud.com/zalbu/test

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
How can I make my tone less fizzy? I'm using a VGS Soulmaster 7 with the shitty stock pickups and a HD400 which isn't the best setup on the planet and I'm a crappy guitarist, but there's got to be some way of cleaning this up a bit. Here's a screenshot if that helps.

https://soundcloud.com/zalbu/test

You could start by turning the guitars way down. You can barely hear the drums. In a proper mix it won't seem nearly as bad. Your pretty limited on options with the hd400, but if your able to do some post processing, use a high pass filter and cut everything from around 9-10,000 and up. Also try a small cut at 5000hz.

Oh, and your also probably using way too much gain. Turn it down and you'll notice a big difference.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Success!!! I know few people give a hoot but im going to post anyway....

The pod hd sounded great last night at the gig. With the bass backed off to about 10 oclock on the recto model, running though the 50/50 power amp, i was clear and defined all night! Im in love with this rig. One button patch changes, every tone i need and all of them sound great, killer tube power, minimal gear hauling, quick setup. Gonna stick with this awhile.

Absolute godsend for gigging, it's so sensitive that a small tweak of one parameter, or even swapping FX positions, can transform the whole thing. I go straight into the PA, sounds big, but sits well in the mix, awesome.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
more than the patch. i wanna know what your guitar wood, pickup setup is. you've got some nice overall tones but i wanna know where it all starts!

Patch: http://line6.com/customtone/tone/225506/

That particular clip was recorded with my Samick Greg Bennett Rockwell, cheap little explorer copy with duncan designed pickups.

Edit: Forgot to mention, it's made of mahogany

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
i finally figured out a way to use my wifes camera for videos. it was her idea to stick a little mirror behind the screen so it could see what was on it. worked perfectly! and now i have a video that you can actually see what im doing, so the sound quality matches the video quality lol

Edit: apparently its not as good as the original video file was. i only have windows video maker though, so it compresses the shit out of it. anyone know of a better (free) video editor?

Dam777

Reaction score
i finally figured out a way to use my wifes camera for videos. it was her idea to stick a little mirror behind the screen so it could see what was on it. worked perfectly! and now i have a video that you can actually see what im doing, so the sound quality matches the video quality lol

Edit: apparently its not as good as the original video file was. i only have windows video maker though, so it compresses the shit out of it. anyone know of a better (free) video editor?

Hi, look for example here
Best free video editing software: 9 top programs you should download | News | TechRadar

I use to videos EDIUS Conupus 6,08, but it is paid. Last time I made ​​a video for my daughter.(red explorer) Sorry for the spam and bad English:) hopefully you forgive me

https://www.facebook.com/theagonycz

I'm using your patches - are excellent - I must a little edit on my six string guitar - Blackjack SLS Solo-6 FR

Blackjack SLS Solo-6 FR - Schecter Guitar Research

Reaction score
Thy Art is Murder tone match?...

In the meantime, I have been digging on the tone in this video that a recent forum member posted (you can see the thread under the Sevenstring guitar section of the forum).

It is a Krank Revolution profile on the Kemper....but to me it just sounds like the stereotypical "Killswitch Engage" or "In This Moment" type of tone....still digging it sooo much though.