This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sami50000

Reaction score
Hey, been lurking this thread for quite a while, lot of great info on here.

Anyway, I've been doing some searching and couldn't really find a solution to the problem I am having, so I am hoping you guys could help me out. I am using a Pod HD bean/desktop, which works fine, but the problem is more with the HD Edit software. And before anything else, according to the Line6 Monkey thing, everything is up to date to the most recent version.

When downloading patches from the Customtone website designed for the HD500 (.h5e) and opening them with the POD Edit software, it sometimes gives me this error message: "Invalid data found in one or more patches. These patches have been named "New Tone (Reset)" (see attachment). This doesn't happen with all patches, but quite a few. I've tried changing the file extension to .hbe as well which has not solved the problem. This happens regardless of whether my POD is attached to the computer or not.

I understand the reason for this has something to do with the patch including controls that the desktop version doesn't have, but I don't see why this should make a difference when simply opening the file with the HD edit software without the unit being attached to the computer.

Has any other HD desktop user had this problem and is there any way of bypassing it? It is quite annoying as it limits the amount of usable patches available for me by quite a bit, and I don't particularly want to "upgrade" to a HD500 seeing as it is exactly the same unit.

Thanks for any assistance and I apologize if this has been asked before!

Attachments

• POD HD error.png
    POD HD error.png
    504.3 KB · Views: 18

BaptizedBurning

Reaction score
Hey, been lurking this thread for quite a while, lot of great info on here.

Anyway, I've been doing some searching and couldn't really find a solution to the problem I am having, so I am hoping you guys could help me out. I am using a Pod HD bean/desktop, which works fine, but the problem is more with the HD Edit software. And before anything else, according to the Line6 Monkey thing, everything is up to date to the most recent version.

When downloading patches from the Customtone website designed for the HD500 (.h5e) and opening them with the POD Edit software, it sometimes gives me this error message: "Invalid data found in one or more patches. These patches have been named "New Tone (Reset)" (see attachment). This doesn't happen with all patches, but quite a few. I've tried changing the file extension to .hbe as well which has not solved the problem. This happens regardless of whether my POD is attached to the computer or not.

I understand the reason for this has something to do with the patch including controls that the desktop version doesn't have, but I don't see why this should make a difference when simply opening the file with the HD edit software without the unit being attached to the computer.

Has any other HD desktop user had this problem and is there any way of bypassing it? It is quite annoying as it limits the amount of usable patches available for me by quite a bit, and I don't particularly want to "upgrade" to a HD500 seeing as it is exactly the same unit.

Thanks for any assistance and I apologize if this has been asked before!

I ran into this problem too. The error only seems to happen on older patches and all the ones uploaded after 2011 or so worked fine. :shrug:

BaptizedBurning

Reaction score
Ok so I just got the POD HD bean yesterday and need some help with one thing. I connected it to my Mesa Mini with the guitar going into the POD input, and then the left output to the amp's effects Return. I changed the PODs output to Stack Power Amp. It sounds great and all, but the amp buzzes a lot when doing it this way. I tried the same thing on my 5150 and the buzzing was worse. A noise gate in the signal didn't have any effect. There's no buzz when going into the front of the amp, but it doesn't sound as good either. I know there's a 4CM out there for the bean, but all I wanna do is run the POD patches through a power amp and a cab.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or any other settings I need to change? Do I need to run the signal through a DI box or something?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I looked around on Google but most everything only relates to the HD500 and not the bean.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
I was screwing around with the looper on my POD and made this short clip, it's just a couple of layers and lot's of delays and what not which is then sped up by having the 1/2 speed on when making the takes and then reversing it.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/chad-adam-browne/sparkly-loop-thing[/SC]

Does anyone else ever just sit around for hours making loops and then reversing them just to see what effect it has on different progressions?

Reaction score
I was screwing around with the looper on my POD and made this short clip, it's just a couple of layers and lot's of delays and what not which is then sped up by having the 1/2 speed on when making the takes and then reversing it.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/chad-adam-browne/sparkly-loop-thing[/SC]

Does anyone else ever just sit around for hours making loops and then reversing them just to see what effect it has on different progressions?

To be honest, I never used the looper. Can you reverse and add different layers?

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im wondering...Do any of you use cab sims when in stack poweramp mode? For me it just creates massive amounts of fizz and just using the pre amp sounds way better.

Another question: Ive got it hooked to the power amp section of my amp through the fx return. When I set the 1/4 out to ' amp' it cuts out a great deal of volume, but not on 'line'. So what is happening here?

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im wondering...Do any of you use cab sims when in stack poweramp mode? For me it just creates massive amounts of fizz and just using the pre amp sounds way better.

Another question: Ive got it hooked to the power amp section of my amp through the fx return. When I set the 1/4 out to ' amp' it cuts out a great deal of volume, but not on 'line'. So what is happening here?

As stated in the manual, the 'amp' switch setting is designed to plug it into the input plug of the amp. That is, signal is way low because it's entering the pre-amp stage of your amp. When you're sending the signal to the power amp stage of your amp, switch should go in 'line' because then the POD is sending a pre-amplified signal, as if it was coming from the pre-amp stage of your amp.

As regards to the previous question, at first, even though I was sending the signal through the power amp and using 'Stack Pwr Amp' output setting, I was using cab emulation since I wasn't able to find a decent, not fizzy sound without a cab. Now that I use the mid-focus EQ after the amp, I don't use a cab and I've got a decent sound. I've experimented little with pre-amps in the POD since I got little gain on them, but since I started getting high gain patches by using the Screamer before the amp, I should try getting hi-gain patches using the Pre-amp versions. I've also avoided that since my live amp is not a tube head, so I wouldn't get any distortion from the power amp stage of my live amp, therefore I make all the distortion with models in the POD.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
I worked on this today, I think it sounds really good. All sounds with a POD HD PRO, besides the strings which are a free VST called virtuoso.

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/david-mcd/psl[/sc]

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
You guys have some great patches going on in here. I can't seem to make my patches sound thick and mushy without having that fizzy sound going on like here:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/micahchaney/i-found-a-hole-in-my-pocket[/SC]

Reaction score
4/8/2014 Firmware update:

POD HD500 RELEASE NOTES v2.31.00

POD HD500 Flash Memory v2.31 is a FREE firmware update for all POD HD500 users.

This release addresses an issue with audio feedback that could potentially occur when changing patches with a specific combination of settings. It is strongly recommended that all users install this update as soon as possible.

Although there should be no sonic impact to existing patches as a result of this update, it is recommended that you connect to the POD HD500 Edit application and back up any patches you may wish to keep as a precaution.

Ok, no new amps or significant changes, but I've experienced this problem like 10 times since I bought the HD500 in 2012. I bought this board because of all of its capabilities plus their updates, but Line 6 has dissapointed me a lot because of their LATE if not non-existing solutions, not to say new amps.

I've experienced this sometimes when playing at home and changed patches while I had my guitar strings ringing. It also happened once when I was rehearsing with my band. I remember I had tried to memorize that if it happened while I was playing live, I should change fast to another patch and go back again.

Now, they took at least 2 YEARS to solve this. I'm still waiting them to solve the problem when you change setlists on HD500 Edit and saves patches in a different setlist from what it's chosen, therefore overwriting other patches.

Stijnson

Reaction score
Yeah I think I had this happen to me a bunch of times too, scared the crap out of me when I had headphones on. Like the first time I saw that exorcist girl video where you have to concentrate on the screen and suddenly she pops up and screams!

But yeah, loving those new amp models and that they finally changed the EQ's to have hz instead of %, ahum....

Stijnson

Reaction score
I worked on this today, I think it sounds really good. All sounds with a POD HD PRO, besides the strings which are a free VST called virtuoso.

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/david-mcd/psl[/sc]

Sounds good man, do you by any chance like Jason Becker? :p Stupid question, the man is a legend :bowdown: But I seem to hear some influence of his in your playing, which is always a good thing!

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Sounds good man, do you by any chance like Jason Becker? :p Stupid question, the man is a legend :bowdown: But I seem to hear some influence of his in your playing, which is always a good thing!

Cheers man! Yeah, I love Jason Becker. I love whammy bar shredding in general, really.