lewis

Reaction score
It should work well. Just do the standard 4CM, and instead of using an amp, replace it with both the Engl + Torpedo connected together.

Jackpot!!! I was seriously hoping this would be the case!!! :yesway: thanks mate!!. Im 100% going to go this route now, live, for an all in 1 solution that doesnt requite a physical cab but yeah can use one thanks to the Preamps built in powercab If I need to live. :shred:

You cant beat that tube tone mixed with modern digital effects

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dhgrind

Reaction score
So i'm waiting on my podh500x to show up in the mail, does anyone have any death metal ect type patches they could recommend?

A-Branger

Reaction score
I know there are a few places from where you can get some grat patches for it, but does anyone knows if there a place from where I can get the computer screenshots of the patches?

Reason is, I have the FirehawkFX, so patches dont work. The Firehawk has its own cloud library where people can upload and share patches (its the same as the amplifire). But the patches are not that good, most of them are patches of the amplifire line (so no HD amps or FXs) and there are only a very few of the Firehawks, as I imagine the product is still "new" compared to the POD HD and the amount of people using them.

So basically I want to dial in some good metal sounds manually

swedishfish

Reaction score
I know there are a few places from where you can get some grat patches for it, but does anyone knows if there a place from where I can get the computer screenshots of the patches?

Reason is, I have the FirehawkFX, so patches dont work. The Firehawk has its own cloud library where people can upload and share patches (its the same as the amplifire). But the patches are not that good, most of them are patches of the amplifire line (so no HD amps or FXs) and there are only a very few of the Firehawks, as I imagine the product is still "new" compared to the POD HD and the amount of people using them.

So basically I want to dial in some good metal sounds manually
You can downoad the Pod hd edit software and you can open the patches without having a pod. I did this and it allows you to see how people set up their patches.

Zulphur

Reaction score
I bought the metal pack and bass pack. Man, the peavey model sounds super great with a real cab and a power amp. The old x3 generetion amps are cool. The big bottom works great with my baritone in F tuning. The bass packs is awesome, just put a bit of distortion and you are set. I did a quick demo for my friends using the hd. I think i used the Smash and the Engl model. The track is kinda sepultura and stuff like that.

https://soundcloud.com/jos-fco-germa-n-strange/demo-track-03

I have a zip file with the pacthes if anybody wants to give them a try.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
I bought the metal pack and bass pack. Man, the peavey model sounds super great with a real cab and a power amp. The old x3 generetion amps are cool. The big bottom works great with my baritone in F tuning. The bass packs is awesome, just put a bit of distortion and you are set. I did a quick demo for my friends using the hd. I think i used the Smash and the Engl model. The track is kinda sepultura and stuff like that.

https://soundcloud.com/jos-fco-germa-n-strange/demo-track-03

I have a zip file with the pacthes if anybody wants to give them a try.

I'd love to hear more of the bass pack! Got some bass only stuff?

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
You can downoad the Pod hd edit software and you can open the patches without having a pod. I did this and it allows you to see how people set up their patches.

HD Edit usually doesn't open unless you have a device connected....How did you accomplish this?

dhgrind

Reaction score
Just got the pod in, loaded the KIR rhythm and lead patches, spectacular! This sounds close to my old axe fx. super glad I picked on up for quick recording and stuff when I cant crank the 50w + 2x12.

lewis

Reaction score
Just got the pod in, loaded the KIR rhythm and lead patches, spectacular! This sounds close to my old axe fx. super glad I picked on up for quick recording and stuff when I cant crank the 50w + 2x12.

whats this?

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
So I've decided to share the bass patch of my little EP teaser for you guys.

It's a pretty simple setup, and you'll need to tweak the tone to your own bass guitars, since mine has an 18V preamp and therefore quite a bit of output.

It's also only the clean part of the tone you can hear in the clip. There's another track running in my DAW with a gritty, highpassed and mid-focused distortion to make things extra juicy.

I hope you guys can get some nice results with it, it takes quite a bit of tweaking to make your guitars and bass glue nicely.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyrdgld45z0tw4k/NiverlareBassClean.hbe?dl=0

Cheers! <3