Most Anticipated 2014 Releases?

• Thread starter Sofos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guthrielicious

Reaction score

What now :scratch:

I know that they usually release every second year, but I hope to get some material from either John or something exciting. I'm not really thinking that there is going to be an album in 2014, but I hope to see some teaser of upcomming material of the band members.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
AAL, Cynic and Rook. I need to preorder my copies of the new Cynic still. I want to get the book and the vinyl.

Anectine_Matt

Reaction score
Periphery
AAL
Behemoth
Monuments
Mastodon
Skyharbor
The Acacia Strain

I'm sure there's plenty I'm forgetting, but I'll be pretty damn happy with those releases in my hands anyway.

Datura

Reaction score
Saw on the hovercraft amplifiers facebook page that Agalloch had undertaken a big recording project with a guy they know...so hopefully it's a new album that will come out in 2014.

guitarfan85

Banned
Reaction score
311 anyone?? I'm a huge fan.

Winter sun. I sure hope.

In flames...... Will most likley suck but not sure if they can do worse than a sense of purpose.

Mnemic? I highly doubt it since the band has been partially disbanded.

Symphony x? I hope they release something this year but I think they're getting stale. Russels voice is too harsh too often he doesn't sing much he growls too much for my taste. Michael romeos licks and solos are sounding the same. Same old tapping licks. I'm sick of the keyboard solos. I used to like them years ago now they're gay. In the song iconoclast, romeo blazes a boner raising solo then the keyboard comes in, boner goes down.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
I just want my new Tool fix. It's been way too long, is probably going to be their last album, and I want to see them live again.

For all I care, all music can come to a grinding, complete stop in 2014, as long as the new Tool comes out.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
Ne Obliviscaris is the big one so far for me. The new stuff that I heard them play live a few months back was killer (from what I could hear, gig sound could have been a bit better) and I'm mega keen to hear where they go with this one.

Others:
In Flames: The studio vids that they've posted really haven't revealed anything other than they had been jamming some stuff off of Colony. Here's hoping that's sort of weedled it's way back into their sound now they've gotten over Jesper leaving and taking his 0 shits given attitude with him.
Within Temptation: What I've heard so far has got me keen. Sharon is further cementing herself as a god tier milf :lol:
Devvy: Hopefully he gets at least Casualties.... out, was meant to be out this year)
Eluveitie: Going off previous release/touring schedules they should have one due next year. Plus I think I remember reading that they've been in writing mode the last month or two with recording to start in the new year.
Ihsahn: Yeah, he's apparently got one coming next year.
Cynic: A bit of a maybe on this one. The track that was released a few weeks back had ....aweful guitar tone, hopefully that was just a demo mix and the actual release will sound far better.
Wintersun: Yeah, Time II. Should be sick.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
hopefully - Sanctuary, Toxik, Psychotic Waltz

confirmed - Mastodon, Torche, High on Fire, Bolzer, Godflesh, Anacrusis

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Behemoth
Nachtmystium
He is Legend

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Yob, Cult Leader, Gridlink, Horsebastard, Torche, Agoraphobic Nosebleed (hopefully), Wormrot (pleasepleaseplease)

Don Vito

Reaction score
For me, they are:
Possible 2014 Releases:

Abigail Williams - Untitled
Cradle of Filth - Untitled
Definitely stoked on the new AW album. I've been listening to Becoming a lot lately.

But COF are already getting ready for a new album? Seems rather early, as I feel Manticore just came out yesterday. Manticore was near perfect, and probably their best album to date. Maybe a little less clean singing and whistle shrikes from Dani on the next one(needs to have the same vocals as Temple of the Black Moon), and more of the same genius atmospheric/thrash riffs from Paul. Oh, and those CGI album covers have to go.

Curious to hear new Mayhem, even though I don't like anything from them outside of the first album and a few demo songs. They always do something weird and wacky though.

Wishful thinking: SWALLOW THE SUN 2014 PLZ

It would be cool if Children of Bodom did a new DVD or maybe an EP or a rerecorded version of Something Wild, because I've already gotten kind of bored with Halo of Blood.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Mithras signed to Willowtip in November so hopefully On Strange Loops gets put out sooner than later