Movies you've been watching...

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Don't let Bloody Inferno hear you talking about Hook lest he come in and remind you how overbloated it is for a kid's movie :lol:

:lol:

I'm happy to concede that he (or his agent?) made more bad calls than good ones when choosing projects, but as you've alluded, his good performances are so good that it's easy to consider him a great actor, even if he was in a lot of bad movies.

I'll agree with wanker regarding Robin Williams. But also agree here. Outstanding actor no question, but he's almost always marred by the movie he's in. I guess that's why he looks like a shining light in otherwise a slew of either mediocrity or movies that may have been good at one time, but hasn't aged too well or Popeye with some exceptions as already mentioned. Really sucked how Disney treated him with his role in Aladdin.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I think I'm going to be getting the Full Moon streaming channel, and at some point, maybe Troma's as well.

After finishing Elvira, which I was watching since Sunday I believe, I'm not going to check out Sharknado before the last one plays this weekend.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Cause Hollywood mostly dumps actresses in the trash by the time they're 30! Things are a bit better now, probably mainly cause of improved anti-aging technology, but yeah. Practically any babes from the 90s vanished by the 2000s. It's nuts.
Yeah, this isn't just limited to "babes" but all things in entertainment, because it gets stale after awhile.

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah, this isn't just limited to "babes" but all things in entertainment, because it gets stale after awhile.

No, there's a gigantic gulf between actors and actresses. I was going through tons of 90s flicks' cast lists recently and most of the actors are still around and I hadn't even heard of most of the actresses since their career was so short that they'd been ground up and were out of the hollywood machine before the 2000s. It was mostly just the "serious" actresses that have persisted, like the Naomi Watts/Kate Winslet/Meryl Streep types. Same deal with the 80s, going through the top 100 or so movies each year I'd recognize most of the actors and almost none of the actresses.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
watched NOES 5. the special effects are great but it's easily one of the worst NOES movies next to 4. I love the man/motorcycle fusing, that sequence is still awesome.

wankerness

Reaction score
watched NOES 5. the special effects are great but it's easily one of the worst NOES movies next to 4. I love the man/motorcycle fusing, that sequence is still awesome.

That's the most heavily censored scene, unfortunately. The big documentary has the full thing in VHS quality. It's great conceptually.

The Aha video death is the worst, but the concept is pretty funny.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
That's the most heavily censored scene, unfortunately. The big documentary has the full thing in VHS quality. It's great conceptually.

The Aha video death is the worst, but the concept is pretty funny.
agreed, the aha death was so horribly cheesy.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Tank Girl!

Was roughly the same as I remembered it: Kinda terrible, yet, kinda enjoyable!

I'm sad Reg E. Cathey is gone.

Pretty sure this was the official end of audiences taking Malcolm McDowell seriously?

I love that it came out the same year as Jonny Mnemonic, because in so many ways they feel like two sides of the same coin, not the least of which being Ice-T in absurd makeup/costumes.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
Tank Girl!

Pretty sure this was the official end of audiences taking Malcolm McDowell seriously?

I love that it came out the same year as Jonny Mnemonic, because in so many ways they feel like two sides of the same coin, not the least of which being Ice-T in absurd makeup/costumes.
that movie was baaaad. the only good part was Lori Petty playing tank girl. The comic is even weirder though, since she frequently bangs Roo.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Might be the best place to ask, but what movies should I get if I subscribe to Full Moon's streaming service for 6 or 12 months? If I do, I get 3 to 6 DVDs free respectively, and I'm not sure what to get. Maybe a couple Puppet Master films, perhaps a Trancers film or two... anyone here a fan have any ideas?

wankerness

Reaction score
Tank Girl!

Did anyone EVER take him seriously after A Clockwork Orange? At the latest, Caligula (1979) turned him into one.

EDIT: Looking through his filmography, he's in a ton of nothing movies. The Artist (2011) is about the only well-known movie of repute in there. It's mostly things like Fist of the North Star, Star Trek Generations and Halloween remakes. He makes Nicolas Cage and Ben Kingsley look discerning. Time after Time is the only one in there I have ever seen referred to as a minor classic.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
Caligula is underrated. It's so over the top and lewd/ghoulish that it ends up perfectly exemplifying the insanity of Caligula's rule. Also, young helen mirren was fiiiiiine

Watched The Spy Who Dumped Me yesterday night, and it was genuinely pretty funny. I went in expecting a dumpster fire of a film but really enjoyed it. Prob my favorite spy comedy next to Get Smart.

Last edited:

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Tank Girl!

Now I know where "Tank Bro" is from in the Broforce co-op game (which is a great pixel side-scroller game btw).

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
The Basketball Diaries.

Most of the cast here is great. DiCaprio, Hudson, Bracco, Kirby.. Even young Mark Wahlberg did a nice job. I like the cinematography in several scenes, too.

The 'cold turkey' scenes are hard for me, having lost my (would-be) brother in law (who was a childhood friend) to a heroin overdose just before my wife and I found each other.

That said, I wish it had done a better job of digging below the surface. Ultimately, there's more flash than substance, here.

r33per

Reaction score
Just finished watching Mission Impossible: Fallout.

I used to like the movies Simon Pegg appeared in.

Ebony

Signal purist
Reaction score
Title followed by character.

Thelma:
1/6
Hereditary: 1/6
Baby Driver: 2-/6
Le Brio: 2+/6
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: 2+/6
Terminal: 2+/6
Molly's Game: 3-/6
A Quiet Place: 3/6
Darkest Hour: 3/6
Ready Player One: 3/6
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: 3+/6
Avengers: Infinity War: 4-/6
Jungle
: 4-/6
Phantom Thread: 4/6

Last edited:

stuglue

Reaction score
I watched a very interesting yet disturbing expose of the Nevada Police force, entitled What Happened In Vegas. It shows how the Police antagonate, lie and kill innocent people with impunity. Very depressing and a sad state of affairs where money is the big reason the Police can get away with murder.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I've been watching Sharknado 1-5, and plan to catch Sharknado 6 when it replays or is added to one of the streaming channels.

wankerness

Reaction score
Deadpool 2: As I worried, the big budget affected it in almost all the ways I predicted it would, and much of it, especially the first half, plays out almost exactly like a "straight" superhero movie with the joke level to match a Marvel movie. It picks up with the introduction of Domino, who is BY FAR the best part of the movie. It still remains too "straight" and I think the budget hurts it. BUT, the climax is a lot more fun than Deadpool 1's. I don't know what the rewatch value will be, while Deadpool 1's is huge. I dunno. It's pretty good, not great!

I liked seeing the kid from Hunt for the Wilderpeople (possibly the best movie I've seen in the last year), even if his character isn't particularly great apart from his butt pen.

broj15

Reaction score
Just watched Killing Of A Sacred Dear this weekend and jfc..... That movie is bonkers. The entire time me and my 2 friends I was watching it with were all had our head on our hands, with jaws dropped saying "what is going on? This is so fucked up".

And relating to that, am I the only one that's noticed that a24 is really stepping thier game up these days? Like they started out with movies like spring breakers (harmony korine) and Tusk (Kevin Smith), but now with movies like Killing Of A Sacred Deer, A Ghost Story, Good Time, and The Lobster (which I still haven't seen yet) I feel like they're really starting to figure out a vibe & "cohesive aesthetic" for the movies they release.

Latest posts