NAM Pedal Coming?

• Thread starter ExMachina
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Yes and no...
There are both free and paid captures for the Tonex.
Also, the 'free' version of Tonex that comes with the Tonex One pedal only allows you to download about 2 dozen captures. Whereas, if you buy the 'big' Tonex pedal new, you get the Tonex Max software included and that gives you unlimited downloads (I think to buy it, it's something like $100 or so), so that kinda increases the value of the pedal slightly.

As for the NAM pedal goes, I do believe that they are all free but I don't know for sure.
This is not exactly true - The version you get with Tonex One allows you to still download an unlimited amount of 3rd party captures. The Max software just gives you more of the free IK ones, that kinda suck anyway. With SE, you might get 1 model of a specific amp, but with Max you get a few of that amp. There is no reason to buy the more expensive version if you just intend to use 3rd party captures.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
This is not exactly true - The version you get with Tonex One allows you to still download an unlimited amount of 3rd party captures. The Max software just gives you more of the free IK ones, that kinda suck anyway. With SE, you might get 1 model of a specific amp, but with Max you get a few of that amp. There is no reason to buy the more expensive version if you just intend to use 3rd party captures.
Really ?? I thought with the One pedal, you just get the same 'free' SE version that you can get even without buying the pedal. I downloaded it before I got the Tonex to try it out and after I grabbed 20 something captures, the program said that I had 'reached my download limit' and that I had to buy the Max version to get more.
It could very well be that there's a 'middle tier' in there somewhere but I haven't checked.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really ?? I thought with the One pedal, you just get the same 'free' SE version that you can get even without buying the pedal. I downloaded it before I got the Tonex to try it out and after I grabbed 20 something captures, the program said that I had 'reached my download limit' and that I had to buy the Max version to get more.
It could very well be that there's a 'middle tier' in there somewhere but I haven't checked.
The free version of Tonex is called “CS.”

Tonex SE gives you 400 profiles from tonex plus the ability to download any number of profiles from their tone dot net service. Before the pedals came out I paid $89 for this version. It’s killer to have it included with the pedal.

EDIT: the SE version included with the pedal is the same but “only” comes with 200 profiles from IKM. Still has unlimited community profile downloads.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
CS is the free one with only 20 downloads total. SE and Max both have unlimited, the only difference is the number of base captures you get from the IK collection.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It’s worth saying the Max version is not really worth paying for. The community captures and the extra paid captures from 3rd parties are usually better than what IKM offers directly in max.

Whoman Bean

Pointy only.
Reaction score
Tonex One allows to download as many captures as you wont from third party, not to mention access to tone.net gives you like 25k of tone models, it's more than enough, I've been playing up with that rabbit hole for past two weeks.

You can store 20 only IN a Tonex One pedal.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
It’s great someone has delved into making hardware for it!

NAM is my go-to these days. However, as others have stated, a NAM pedal is going to stay niche until a bigger company comes along and makes one or integrates NAM captures into a pedal or their current device.

Atomic looks like they may be in the running for that because they have NAM integration into their Tonocracy software already. If they release a new pedal that runs NAM and their native captures at a competitive price then that would be killer.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It’s worth saying the Max version is not really worth paying for. The community captures and the extra paid captures from 3rd parties are usually better than what IKM offers directly in max.
Agreed. I have Tonex Max because it came with the big pedal and there isn't a single time I've ever chosen an IK profile over a user profile. As far as the software goes, the only thing that really matters to me is the unlimited access to user profiles.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
I saw that they added a high/low pass setting to the IR page, which was an obvious oversight I thought.

That's the first thing I tell someone who is first starting out with IRs/modeling.

_Daniel_

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yery impressive demo song at the beginning. I would love to feel the pedal live.