NBD! Fender Precision Bass

• Thread starter Eclipse
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse

Reaction score
Thanks for checking this out!

So I've wanted a bass guitar for quite a while now, but didn't have the time to really research and buy one. My friend is moving out of his apartment and needed to get rid of a few things, and decided (because he knew I had been wanting a bass for a while) to sell his old bass to me! What a very kind gesture! I immediately bought new strings for it and it sounds great!

A few specs that I'm speculating on solely from observing the bass and a little intuition:
Body: Alder
Number of Frets: 20
Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
Position Inlays: Black Dot Position Inlays
Fretboard: Maple
Neck Material:Maple
1 Tone knob and Volume knob

I am still pretty clueless when it comes to playing bass. And I think this may be my very first post in "Bass Guitar Discussion". So if anyone has any tips all is welcome!

AXE FX Owners: I would really love some insight on how to dial in a bass patch, not sure what cabs/amps to use because I am still a beginner when it comes to bass. Thanks!

Enjoy a few pictures while you're here! :)

tumblr_n3mkfxyPv91rm525xo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3mkfxyPv91rm525xo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3mkfxyPv91rm525xo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3mkfxyPv91rm525xo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3mkfxyPv91rm525xo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3mkwswgHv1rm525xo1_500.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
Hate to be that guy, but... *squier :lol:

Nevertheless, you will not be disappointed by the Precision tone. It's second to none. And cuts through every mix known to man.
I have a Squier Classic Vibe Precision that I love to death, it sounds and plays amazing. My go-to bass that I use every day.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Hate to be that guy, but... *squier :lol:

If you hadn't, I would've :lol:. Misleading thread title is misleading!

Aaaaanyways, yeah, I'm a recent convert to dat P toan, too. I don't have a P-bass, mind you, but my Bacchus J has a J/P pup set, and so far I tend to play it with the bridge volume all the way down. Rumble and thump all day long, son.

Enjoy it, OP!

FretsOnFyre

SSO's sociopath
Reaction score
HNBD! Looks pretty nice!

I'm not an Axe-Fx owner (yet :) ) but what you might want to try is split the signal in two, run one through a compressor, run the other through a high gain guitar amp, and blend to taste. I've heard that works pretty well.

Eclipse

Reaction score
If you hadn't, I would've :lol:. Misleading thread title is misleading!

Aaaaanyways, yeah, I'm a recent convert to dat P toan, too. I don't have a P-bass, mind you, but my Bacchus J has a J/P pup set, and so far I tend to play it with the bridge volume all the way down. Rumble and thump all day long, son.

Enjoy it, OP!

Haha maybe I should have mentioned the bass was a Squier. xD

HNBD! Looks pretty nice!

I'm not an Axe-Fx owner (yet :) ) but what you might want to try is split the signal in two, run one through a compressor, run the other through a high gain guitar amp, and blend to taste. I've heard that works pretty well.

Thanks for the insight dude!

Herrick

Hello Mangs
Reaction score
I've never heard of Squier II before.

I love the look of that plain black with no pickguard. Sexcellent :)

Espresto

Reaction score
Looks like an older Squire; those are solid basses. Try just going direct and using an amp simulator meant for bass, like MarkStudio.