New 7-string Ibanez models for 2010!

• Thread starter bram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2010 ibanez
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
Figures, the one Ibanez I was looking forward to, it's not released in the US.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
All of North America isn't getting it.

Though, you can get one from Ikebe right now for roughly $2500 shipping included.

Or you could pay that much to have one made for you from an independent luthier :lol:

I was pretty jacked about the RGA, but having it as a Japan only model seems pretty stupid :shrug:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly for $2500 who cares? You can get a far better guitar in the finish and with the specs you want for that money :shrug:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly for $2500 who cares? You can get a far better guitar in the finish and with the specs you want for that money :shrug:

While true, there's still a significant market for production guitars in the $2000+ range. :shrug:

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
+ A lot. That's a ridiculous price for an Ibanez Prestige.

I agree. Hell, you could get someone to make the body/neck and buy the best parts you could think of and still not spend $2,500. You could even slap the Ibanez logo on the headstock, the only difference is it's not a real Ibby...

But it's probably better anyway.

etiam

Reaction score
Considering all the points made here, I think it's pretty impossible for Ibanez to not bring the RGA Prestige to North America at some point in the relatively near future. Given the size of this market and the apparent demand for such an instrument--and not one that's a niche J-Custom kind of finish, etc.--I can't fathom why they'd not send it here, too.

Maybe they're working out pricing, waiting to assess the buzz from elsewhere?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's most likely them holding it over till next NAMM. It wouldn't be the first time they've held out, just to pad their Summer NAMM releases.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
The thing with the apparent demand for the instrument is that IMO it is bullshit. Sure everyone of us wouldn't mind owning it but very few of us would pay the US price. If $3000 is too much for a CST which has an ebony fretboard, doesn't have the dots everyone is complaining about, has custom wound passive pickups and the best trem Ibanez ever released with piezos, how many Ibanez fans are going to consider spending $2500+ on this guitar?

For about the same money you can get an LACS. Unfortunately for Ibanez it doesn't matter how good their new guitars are because they started out as a budget company and now they are struggling to build the perception of value to match the increased prices. This is also why a public Ibanez custom shop will fail. I'm pretty sure they want to position their prestige lines alongside the top end of production guitars unfortunately for them the public does not perceive them as being equals to ESP and so on.

Once upon a time Ibanez represented value, I don't know what they represent anymore.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every Ibanez thread on here turns into either a "basswood hate thread", a "prices are too high thread", or a "back in the day thread". :noplease:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if that was directed at me but I am not saying prices are too high, all I'm saying is that people always use that reasoning to not buy a higher priced Ibanez and as such I am unable to see how that guitar could be successful in North America or Australia.

Europeans on the other hand regularly pay a premium price for Ibanez and other guitars without flinching so I can understand why they would get these top end models and not other parts of the world.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know if that was directed at me but I am not saying prices are too high, all I'm saying is that people always use that reasoning to not buy a higher priced Ibanez and as such I am unable to see how that guitar could be successful in North America or Australia.

Europeans on the other hand regularly pay a premium price for Ibanez and other guitars without flinching so I can understand why they would get these top end models and not other parts of the world.

Please, Steve, that was not directed at you in the least. :)

I was speaking generally, from what I've seen on here over the last year or so. I didn't mean any offence. :)

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd imagine the general perception is that when a standard build production guitar costs as much as a custom guitar, that means said guitar is way overpriced and you might as well spend said cash on a custom guitar instead.

For companies with special build techniques or world renowned quality (Gibson, Fender, PRS, Parker etc etc), people are more likely to spend the money.