New 7-string Ibanez models for 2010!

• Thread starter bram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2010 ibanez
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
True, but imagine a neck thru RG7321. Sounds interesting to me.

They kinda had one of those as well. The RGT7EXFX, though it was a bit different due to the EMGs and sharktooth inlay.

They really didn't add any neck-thrus this year, and if anything they cut down on them.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm severely disappointed by the lack of a prestige RGT. :(

It'll be back. This is about the third or fourth time it's left the line-up. For whatever reason they just don't sell as well as their bolt-on counterparts. Though, I doubt we've seen the last of the Prestige RGTs. Besides, most dealers still have 09' models on hand.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Here are some prices I found (thomann.de)

IBANEZ RGA427Z-DSH €1966
IBANEZ RGD2127Z-ISH €1177
IBANEZ RG1527Z-BK €969
IBANEZ RGA8-BK €688
IBANEZ RGA7-BK €529
IBANEZ S7420-BK €639

The RGA seems way overpriced. I'm gonna get the new 1527, that one is doable.

Same here, I was so wanting to get the RGA427Z, but when I saw the price I knew it's not an option for me. :rolleyes:

But I will probably get the black 1527:agreed:

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I suspect the RG1527Z will appear very shortly on a lot of people's GAS list's...the RGA427Z is amazingly gorgeous but kind out of my league in terms of cash....and yea....the RGA7 seems expensive for the sake of one extra string.

Banana Wedgie

Bored 13 year old
Reaction score
Mmmmm.... When there is a Destroyer 7 string I'll get it, possibly steal it since when it will I will have just bought something expensive....

Toxin

no, i don't drink vodka
Reaction score
did you see that?
neck dimensions for RGA7 is 68 width last fret according to UK site
and 66 width last fret according to USA site
WTF
as for me 66 vs 68 is pretty significant difference

November5th

Old Shredder
Reaction score
So the RGA427Z didn't show up at the NAMM show.That's a pisser.I guess it won't be available to North America.It is the one guitar I was looking to buy this year.Maybe next year.Peace.

Dean

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
So the RGA427Z didn't show up at the NAMM show.That's a pisser.I guess it won't be available to North America.It is the one guitar I was looking to buy this year.Maybe next year.Peace.

Dean

Us North Americans are going to have to import it from overseas to get it, most likely.

November5th

Old Shredder
Reaction score
I was an Ibanez dealer and I have connections with the Canadian distributor so I might be able to get one if I pull some strings. But you would think they would make it more readily to us North American's.I mean they are advertising Chris Broderick with his custom shop RGA7 in every magazine.Let's go Ibanez don't holding out on us.Peace.

Dean

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was an Ibanez dealer and I have connections with the Canadian distributor so I might be able to get one if I pull some strings. But you would think they would make it more readily to us North American's.I mean they are advertising Chris Broderick with his custom shop RGA7 in every magazine.Let's go Ibanez don't holding out on us.Peace.

Dean

All of North America isn't getting it.

Though, you can get one from Ikebe right now for roughly $2500 shipping included.