New Angel Vivaldi: Eight

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didn't think I'd like it but I loved it. I think I'm a fan now. I like it, incredible playing.

Hadn't heard of it until the new metal music thread earlier today and 2 back to back posts later this gets it own thread so I think I'm overdue to check it out.

Maybe I was more open because I love Bossa Nova and this had Soca(?) influence? Or what's this Spanish style called? I'm not entirely sure...

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
This is really good. I saw him years ago and thought he was great.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, this was completely unexpected. Sounds like a souped up Santana, and I dig it!

Maybe I was more open because I love Bossa Nova and this had Soca(?) influence? Or what's this Spanish style called? I'm not entirely sure...

It definetely has a latin vibe, but there's nothing spanish-sounding on this one. I'm not too familiar with these specific genres, but probably something like latin jazz/fusion, etc.

Last edited:

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
Saw this on Y.Tube yesterday. Really liked it (just like all the other stuff he's put out).

I think it stated the album is coming out in April. I looked for any pre-order info but couldn't find any. Will have to keep looking.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Anything from Angel and I’m automatically sold. He’s probably my favorite guitarist and I just can’t get over how well he writes.

Love that he’s pushing his limits too. Cannot wait for the record to drop.

Also, gotta echo others’ statements here: Angel is awesome and one of the nicest dudes I’ve met

bjjman

Reaction score
Big fan of Angel's stuff and the shredderiffic Santana vibe suits him well. Nice to see some spotlight on other instruments too.