new AxePalace RG2027XLS Limited Run (Satin Silver)

• Thread starter soldierkahn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
I tried to upload the photo from Nick but it keeps saying too big. Im not on any image hosting sites so not sure how to post it.lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Type_R3387

Reaction score
Dude....If that is mine, I am fucking amped. If that is not mine, I’m still fucking amped.:shred:

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
It beats dots or birds, that's all I know.

Right, so it's really a cosmetic/preference thing? Be interested how many people with blank boards play live. Dots have saved my arse so many times.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Right, so it's really a cosmetic/preference thing? Be interested how many people with blank boards play live. Dots have saved my arse so many times.

It just looks clean and sleek, and most use the side dots anyways to get their bearings. Since most people dont agree on what inlays they like, having none just seems to appeal to a lot. I like minimalist designs so thats why I went with that option for this run.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why this is so fashionable these days? Or am I just old now?
I've personally always loved either 12th fret only or blank fret boards. Anything else really messes me up. I only use side dots, but for some reason top dots / markers just disorient me. It's harder to figure out where I'm out I think maybe because I gotta figure out what dot I'm looking at in relation to the others first then figure out what fret it is, whereas without them I can just use the side dots if I need them, but also not see them if I don't need them. It slows me down a bit with top dots. With my rg7620 I try not to look at it at all except if I have to, but on stuff where I really need to look at it a lot it messes me up a little and I've been playing for 30yrs. I never had this problem though until I switched to blank then a 12th fret only fretboard. My first 8 years was with top dots and it never bothered me. I then switched to a side dot only fretboard and got use to it really fast, after years of this exclusively going back to dots on a back up guitar occasionally is when I noticed it messing with me a little. I think most people just like the look though, maybe, I don't know. At this point it's a deal breaker for me unless it's those really small and off to the side top dots that can disappear from my vision and into the peripheral vision. I'd rather have nothing and If I want something add it later.

oracles

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why this is so fashionable these days? Or am I just old now?

It's a cleaner, sleeker look, and I never use them as a reference point anyway, that's what side dots are for.

Inlays can make or break the overall aesthetic of a guitar.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
It just looks clean and sleek, and most use the side dots anyways to get their bearings. Since most people dont agree on what inlays they like, having none just seems to appeal to a lot. I like minimalist designs so thats why I went with that option for this run.
Are we ever gonna see an RGA with LoPro Edge, 25.5" scale, normal headstock, and with a blank black- ebony fret board, basswood body, 7 string and a 3 or 5 pc maple neck? Nobody has ever produced one for sale before. I first had one custom made in 1999, then a few LA custom's were made after it, similar to it years later. 6 string versions, 26.5" scale etc have all been done, but never just a normal Rga or even RG for that matter. The closest thing to it nowadays is a Daemoness type. Oh, and medium, not jumbo frets. If you're interested and think it's possibly a maybe then I can post picts.

bmth4111

Reaction score
Are we ever gonna see an RGA with LoPro Edge, 25.5" scale, normal headstock, and with a blank black- ebony fret board, basswood body, 7 string and a 3 or 5 pc maple neck? Nobody has ever produced one for sale before. I first had one custom made in 1999, then a few LA custom's were made after it, similar to it years later. 6 string versions, 26.5" scale etc have all been done, but never just a normal Rga or even RG for that matter. The closest thing to it nowadays is a Daemoness type. Oh, and medium, not jumbo frets. If you're interested and think it's possibly a maybe then I can post picts.

A rga like that would be heavenly haha.