new AxePalace RG2027XLS Limited Run (Satin Silver)

• Thread starter soldierkahn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Type_R3387

Reaction score
its also gonna be super badass because i wont have to install the luminlays myself, AND the black heavens will look cooler on a grey background than the royal blue looking stock 2027. I think its neat that when you look at both the 2027 and spot model, they directly reflect the K7 colors :)
I think I might have some bad news...I just got mine and everything is great...besides the Luminlays. Mine didn’t come with them. While it certainly isn’t a total letdown, it kind of sucked to find out they weren’t included. Despite that, the guitar is an absolute tank with incredible build quality. The finish is truly drool worthy. I’ll be sure to post some more photos as soon as my work/school schedule permits. Hopefully yours comes with the Luminlays!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Maybe not the right place to ask this, but what happened to the satin desert sun yellow RGD run? I was waiting to see a NGD when they were announced.

The Desert Yellow Satins came in a few months ago. I saw several posts from buyers on Instagram and the like. That run sold out a while ago, much like this one.

I think I might have some bad news...I just got mine and everything is great...besides the Luminlays. Mine didn’t come with them. While it certainly isn’t a total letdown, it kind of sucked to find out they weren’t included. Despite that, the guitar is an absolute tank with incredible build quality. The finish is truly drool worthy. I’ll be sure to post some more photos as soon as my work/school schedule permits. Hopefully yours comes with the Luminlays!

Only the 5000 series Ibanez have luminlays, so this isnt surprising. If the RG2027 was ever advertised with them, that may have been a typo.

Type_R3387

Reaction score
The Desert Yellow Satins came in a few months ago. I saw several posts from buyers on Instagram and the like. That run sold out a while ago, much like this one.

Only the 5000 series Ibanez have luminlays, so this isnt surprising. If the RG2027 was ever advertised with them, that may have been a typo.

Fair enough. I was just going off of what was listed on The Axe Palace Facebook page. Thanks for clearing that up, Nick!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
Only the 5000 series Ibanez have luminlays, so this isnt surprising. If the RG2027 was ever advertised with them, that may have been a typo.[/QUOTE]

Am I lost in the sauce or are you referring to the stock RG2027XL? I thought this limited run included luminlays?

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score

Am I lost in the sauce or are you referring to the stock RG2027XL? I thought this limited run included luminlays?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the only differences with the AP run from the regular 2027XL were: blank fretboard, SS frets and finish.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I know the AxePalace website says it has them and Ibanez website makes no mention of them. Oops. Getting them installed probably wouldn't be to expensive or terrible a job, but I don't know cause I've never done it.

Azathoth43

ל ו ו י י ת ן
Reaction score

So, This is gonna sound super dickish but... The first post of this thread mentioned Luminlays then was confirmed by you to have Luminlays, was apparently advertised to have Luminlays and then when they shipped without them everyone is just gonna shrug and say 'must of been a typo'. And I think saying only the 5000 series comes with Luminlays is a bit of a cop out. SS frets only come on the 5000 series also. Sorry if I'm coming across harshly but that was my gut reaction.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So, This is gonna sound super dickish but... The first post of this thread mentioned Luminlays then was confirmed by you to have Luminlays, was apparently advertised to have Luminlays and then when they shipped without them everyone is just gonna shrug and say 'must of been a typo'. And I think saying only the 5000 series comes with Luminlays is a bit of a cop out. SS frets only come on the 5000 series also. Sorry if I'm coming across harshly but that was my gut reaction.

Anyone who is unhappy with their guitar because it doesn't have luminlays, I would be fine to take it back and issue a refund. I was just explaining that our listing for the guitar was cut and paste from Ibanez' specs of the RG2027XL, which originally erroneously said they had luminlays. I already apologized to a couple customers who were expecting them to have luminlays. I certainly wasn't trying to shrug it off, whenever things get messed up it sucks.

Last edited:

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Anyone who is unhappy with their guitar because it doesn't have luminlays, I would be fine to take it back and issue a refund. I was just explaining that our listing for the guitar was cut and paste from Ibanez' specs of the RG2027XL, which originally erroneously said they had luminlays. I already apologized to a couple customers who were expecting them to have luminlays. I certainly wasn't trying to shrug it off, whenever things get messed up it sucks.
That is good customer service there! A solid step toward resolution. Much props!

Last edited:

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score

to kind of chime in here, I was one of the customers who was really looking forward to having professionally done Luminlays, and I had been one of the ones broadcasting that it was gonna come with Luminlays, so I will apologize for the misinformation/misunderstanding when I was broadcasting it everywhere. Was it a deal breaker for me? Not at all, just a tiny disappointment. After installing them on my RG2770Z, i realized that they arent as effective as they were in my head when i imagined them. I did post a full review of the XLS with tons of pictures earlier so If the other owners would like to chime in on the review, its in the seven string subforum.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
Listen, I bought two of these. While im a huge fan of the K7 and the luminlays were a HUGE selling point for me as it was making it as close to a custom shop ibanez as I could get, it certainly is not a deal breaker for me. Im not going to return them. I have also had alot of experience with Nick at AP and his customer service is unbeatable. He will make it right any way he can. Ibanez is not the easiest company to communicate with. This is unfortunate but it could always be worse. At least the color, bridge and string ratios are correct!

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Listen, I bought two of these. While im a huge fan of the K7 and the luminlays were a HUGE selling point for me as it was making it as close to a custom shop ibanez as I could get, it certainly is not a deal breaker for me. Im not going to return them. I have also had alot of experience with Nick at AP and his customer service is unbeatable. He will make it right any way he can. Ibanez is not the easiest company to communicate with. This is unfortunate but it could always be worse. At least the color, bridge and string ratios are correct!

agreed whole-heartedly. im not surprised to see that you bought 2 lol, they are definitely amazing machines. Nick was MORE THAN WILLING to accept it back with a full refund, or even to reimburse me if i took it to a reputable tech. As much as it was a boo boo, I dont blame Nick or AP for the issue in the slightest way. They were simply relaying what Ibanez put out to them, so the fault really falls on Ibanez (we still love you tho Ibby!). I also looked at the deal/price I was given, and compared to all the upgrades Nick made for the XLS, we still made out like bandits! Back in March, Nick was just as responsive when i had issues/questions with the RGA6UCS i bought earlier this year, and he was ALWAYS willing to take it back if I was unhappy. Thats one of the biggest reasons that i make all my purchases through them; retailers that take that much care in what they do just dont exist anymore. Ive always felt like AP was more of a custom shop than a guitar retailer lol :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
How do you guys like how it sounds with the Lundgrens? I didn't get a chance to test any of these, handed them off to my tech and then shipped.

Thank for your kind words and understanding. I will definitely make it up to anyone who is bummed about the luminlay discrepancy :)

Type_R3387

Reaction score
Yes, as Ron Head stated previously, those are indeed the Lundgren M7s that I went with. They sound incredible and I have to admit I was equally impressed with the neck pickup (Id only had experience with the bridge M7 at this point). Then again, I cant say Im surprised since I love Lundgren pickups, my favorite still being the M8.

The guitar is built so damn well, setup beautifully and both Nick and Vic went out of their way repeatedly to assist me throughout the process. I understand mistakes occur and it is already known that Ibanez can be a bit difficult at times. Forget the Luminlay debacle... I'm loving every minute I get with this thing!

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Those are M7s ; with the fixed poles , Black Heavens have the adjustable poles

Awesome! Have you had a chance to hear both the BH and the M7 in the same sitting? I am head over heels in love with my heavens, but Im still curious about the M7 lol

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
How do you guys like how it sounds with the Lundgrens? I didn't get a chance to test any of these, handed them off to my tech and then shipped.

Thank for your kind words and understanding. I will definitely make it up to anyone who is bummed about the luminlay discrepancy :)

oh my goodness, I couldnt recommend the Black Heaven enough for players with lots of different styles to cover. When playing full 7 note chords, I can hear every single note as its plekd, and while the sound is definitely in front of everything, somehow it still blends perfectly with the music. I am able to hear all the mistakes in my playing now, so its helping me clean up my technique!! I havent had a chance to try it in A standard yet to make a direct comparison with the Fishmans i had in the 1077XL, but I can say that Im more partial to the flavor of the heavens than the Fluences.

Now when I grab my next one, either an AP limited run RGD or a DCM100, that's the one thats going to get the Fishman moderns :) Judging from how they sounded in basswood, I think you were completely right about them being perfect in mahogany bodies!

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, as Ron Head stated previously, those are indeed the Lundgren M7s that I went with. They sound incredible and I have to admit I was equally impressed with the neck pickup (Id only had experience with the bridge M7 at this point). Then again, I cant say Im surprised since I love Lundgren pickups, my favorite still being the M8.

The guitar is built so damn well, setup beautifully and both Nick and Vic went out of their way repeatedly to assist me throughout the process. I understand mistakes occur and it is already known that Ibanez can be a bit difficult at times. Forget the Luminlay debacle... I'm loving every minute I get with this thing!

right?! Ive yet to personally try the M7 yet, but its on my list of to-dos lol. For the first time Ive ever experienced, the 6 string versions of the Black Heavens were damn near identical in EQ swing as the 7 string version, which is sooooo rare in passive pickups. I literally A/B'd my RG970XL in E standard with the XLS in B standard. on the XLS, strings 1-6 rang nearly identical to the 970XL's 6 strings, and the flavor of the low B has JUST enough bass without going overboard. Now of course, the XLS was a little brighter, but i chaulked that upto the Ebony and SS frets

Latest posts