New Music...

• Thread starter Ola Englund
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ola Englund

Reaction score
Mr. Englund, how do you approach the making of those rolling tabs? Is there some software designed to do that or you're just recording the screen as the tabs rolls through it?
This question never made it to the FAQ's so maybe you'll kindly answer here :D Thanks
It’s just rolling guitar pro basically :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeavyMetal4Ever

Reaction score
I really enjoyed that track, looking forward to picking up the cd.

As a side note, the production sounded fantastic, particularly those guitar tones.

HANIAK

Reaction score
I don't want to turn this thread into a FAQ, but...
Ola, why don't you put this record (or any of your records, for that matter) on bandcamp? (at least digital download/stream...)
Cheers!

Ola Englund

Reaction score
I don't want to turn this thread into a FAQ, but...
Ola, why don't you put this record (or any of your records, for that matter) on bandcamp? (at least digital download/stream...)
Cheers!
I might do it. But as of now, it will be available through all streaming medias and whatnot(Spotify, Apple Music etc.) The deal I'm doing now is that EVERYONE who preorders any physical type of the album will get the digital download for free. So if you get a physical CD you also get the download.
After release I'll see how I handle this.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
I've been under a rock for a while, I dig this a lot, hope it's not too late to pre-order now.

What artists were your main sources of inspiration for this solo record (besides the usual, Petrucci and Dimebag) ?

Do you have guest soloists on your album (Per, Paul Wardingham, etc) ?

Maybe you already answered those questions in a FAQ, if so, sorry about that.

Ola Englund

Reaction score
I've been under a rock for a while, I dig this a lot, hope it's not too late to pre-order now.

What artists were your main sources of inspiration for this solo record (besides the usual, Petrucci and Dimebag) ?

Do you have guest soloists on your album (Per, Paul Wardingham, etc) ?

Maybe you already answered those questions in a FAQ, if so, sorry about that.

I don't have any guest guitarists on the album, I do however have a guest saxophonist on there.
But yeah might open up to having guests on the next album, I wanted to carry this first one by myself for some reason.

Influences, same as usual but I would also say that guys like Plini and David Maxim Micic have definitely influenced the style of the album, but then again it doesn't sound like them, more like a bad clone, maybe it works, maybe it does not. We'll see :)

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
If it's a clone, it has gone through severe Fallout-style mutations, in a good way :) Can't wait to hear the rest of the album !

Ola Englund

Reaction score
If it's a clone, it has gone through severe Fallout-style mutations, in a good way :) Can't wait to hear the rest of the album !

I guess it's a clone dipped in the Skyrim Intro combined with a touch of Demon Souls frustration.

Did you record this in your own studio?

Well Delta recorded the drums at his place, but everything else is basically just DI-recording at my studio.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Well Delta recorded the drums at his place, but everything else is basically just DI-recording at my studio.
I apologize if it's a silly question... were they acoustic or programmed?

Isn't it amazing what technology brought us? When I was still in a band in the 90's a 3rd world country, you need to be really good to be signed up to have access to a real live big recording studio. Nowadays, you can do it on your own.

From the tracks I have heard, they were very nicely done Mr. Ola.

Ola Englund

Reaction score
I apologize if it's a silly question... were they acoustic or programmed?

Isn't it amazing what technology brought us? When I was still in a band in the 90's a 3rd world country, you need to be really good to be signed up to have access to a real live big recording studio. Nowadays, you can do it on your own.

From the tracks I have heard, they were very nicely done Mr. Ola.
Not a silly question, the drums are acoustic. Delta recorded everything by himself and basically we just went back and forth with some revisions but he was really easy to work with.

blacai

Reaction score
I know it might be problematic because of illegal downloads and not desired "sharing" but will the tabs of the guitarrist edition be available as guitar pro file or just paper format?
I own a couple of feared guitarrist editions and bought this also. I must say it is quite comfortless with the book ...

thedonal

Reaction score
Some great sounding tunes!

This is going on my list of purchases after I've listened through the mountain of new music I've bought recently.. :D