New Polyphia Single - Playing God

• Thread starter ItWillDo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
I do like their creative titles they have for their songs (well not songs as there's no singing) and this is has a nice double meaning that can cater to both fans and haters. The video can support either interpretation.

I'm not sure if it's the Youtube compression but this sounds like an acoustic version of their electric sound, full of twang!

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Really liked the video locations - was looking for somewhere similar for my band atm (and struggling)
Enjoyed this more than some of their stuff actually, it just seemed to sit better with me coming from a nylon string (think I've gotten a bit bored with the tone these types of bands were using previously)

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
well that was boring

Weren't they collaborating with rappers on this album? let's hear something with vocals

mastapimp

Reaction score
There's something that makes me unable to bear Tim Henson as an individual.
Don't hate him, but I find him annoying, maybe it's his emo vibe, dunno.
But these 4 guys are insanely good, all the respect on the musicianship and skills.
Are you familiar with the term "backpfeifengesicht"?

Last edited:

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I feel like these dudes have such a highly-specific style that all their stuff ends up sounding the same. It kind of reminds me of those lo-fi playlists I put on in the background while I work--every song blurs into the next because they're so uniform in vibe. Can we call this one lo-fi shred?

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
70D19CA5-4C4C-4E70-B38A-0ACAB9499F44.jpeg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I loved New Levels New Devils almost exclusively because of the rhythmic elements. This has some of that, which is cool, but I’d probably place it between their old stuff and NLND in terms of how much I like it.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Getting a neck tattoo sure is an interesting choice.

Any time I see shit like that all I can think of is what that person will look like when they're in their 70's with saggy skin.
The better question is what will a blacked out neck look like in their 70s, cuz that’s what all the cool kids are doing. (Not hating - I actually like the look. It just paints you into a corner.)

Latest posts