New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
It does look remarkably like a tree of life inlay. That being said, release it in a 7, get rid of the pup rings, and I’ll buy it. It’s probably as close as I’ll ever get to a 7v7 anyway. :lol:

Zado

Reaction score
I like the way it looks, it's not my kind of guitar, but minimal inlay designs of modern metal machines dont catch me anymore.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I think when Schecter really launched the Diamond Series way back when, the C1 had that type of inlay, so it's kind of a throwback thing for them. I don't mind it for that nostalgic reason.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
They might as well have in my eyes.

28" scale is nice for the low end but I hate it. I have big hands but if much rather just 27", the main reason I've never bought one of their gorgeous banshee elites.
I'm the opposite. 28" is the bare minimum I'll go for 8 strings anymore. Then again I'm usually tuning to D1 and I really like the minor bump in string tension without bumping my string gauges up.

cip 123

Reaction score
I'm the opposite. 28" is the bare minimum I'll go for 8 strings anymore. Then again I'm usually tuning to D1 and I really like the minor bump in string tension without bumping my string gauges up.
See I've never been much of a tune down person. It's always been a "if I need to go lower I'll just get a 7/8" mindset. Like if my singer is like "can we tune to G?" might as well just get an 8. So 27" in F# is just fine for me, a shame because the 8s I've played from schecter are too notch, I just know they'll be a pain over long term.

I play music

Reaction score
They might as well have in my eyes.

28" scale is nice for the low end but I hate it. I have big hands but if much rather just 27", the main reason I've never bought one of their gorgeous banshee elites.
That's why they should do it as a multiscale like the 7 strings... or the 8 string prototype they made at some point.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Only two pots. That's the way to go... You are getting better Schecter... Maybe one day I will buy one...

I play music

Reaction score
Are they now using that ErnieBall nut on all their midrange guitars? Not a fan because I think if you want to replace it and want to use a different nut the distance won't be right without some shim ...

cip 123

Reaction score
Are they now using that ErnieBall nut on all their midrange guitars? Not a fan because I think if you want to replace it and want to use a different nut the distance won't be right without some shim ...
They have been for a good while I believe. Since the release of SLS elites

Zado

Reaction score
68790889_2893084634041662_5064034529547649024_o.jpg

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
28" scale is the minimum scale length I want in an 8-string and I have mine tuned to just Drop E.

IME, 27" works just fine exactly right up to F# and not a cent lower. I know my friend does Drop E with an 80 on the bottom and Fishmans (which seem to have a chirpy high mid that helps note separation on lower tunings) but it's so-so.

To each their own. 27" is a borderline acceptable compromise to me to gain lows at the expense of highs in both tonality and playability (string tensions). 28" to get an extra step, eh, I'd rather a baritone 6 at that point. There's no way I'd personally use all that range in a single song I'd be performing live and even if I were, I'd almost prefer a double neck. :2c:

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Here I am using a 74 in E standard on a 27” 8 string.

It’s loose, fretting too hard bends it up in pitch, and the tension doesn’t balance with the other 7 strings, (which I also keep fairly light on that guitar, 10-60 I think), but sound-wise it balances really well. No intonation problems either.

I experimented a lot with gauges, 74 to 75 is as thick as I would ever want to go on the low string of an 8. It would benefit from a longer scale to gain some tension.

I liked the sound of a 68 a lot, but it was just too loose, too hard to control.

I think the amp makes a big difference though, a punchy and clear amp with lots of headroom works wonders.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Man, I like 26.5" scale with a .068 for my low F#. Sounds killer to me and is more controllable than thicker, harder-to-bend-and-vibrato strings, but I definitely do not have He-Man pick attack. Thicker strings actually sound muddier to me, more like a bass guitar.

Latest posts