New Schecter Models Megathread

Zado

Reaction score
I really think EU importers are really damaging Schecter A LOT
Schecter had been the best bang for the bucks for a long time, now they cost more than equivalent Ibbys
Yup. The brand hasn't been a good bang for bucks in year here. The only model they make I'd get right now would be the Demon, as it's cheap and lacks all flashy appointments that makes Schecs cheesy and pricier.

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought my Schecter Tao 6 from Anderton's in the UK. They sold it minus the VAT and I had to pay the customs when it arrived in Ireland.

Despite Brexit creating that ridiculous red tape it was still cheaper than buying from Thomann by nearly €300, which is absurd and it's the opposite to any other product I buy these days where I generally give the UK a wide berth now because it's more expensive and more hassle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Yup. The brand hasn't been a good bang for bucks in year here. The only model they make I'd get right now would be the Demon, as it's cheap and lacks all flashy appointments that makes Schecs cheesy and pricier.
The Demon 7 is my only Schecter...from 2007 I think
Shame because I would buy more, really, they have like more than 10 guitars I would choose from and be happy, but the price is a big no no factor
You know how much I wanted a Banshee GT...in the end i purchased a Jackson Pro Broderick

Lukhas

Reaction score
I really think EU importers are really damaging Schecter A LOT
Schecter had been the best bang for the bucks for a long time, now they cost more than equivalent Ibbys
Last time I checked, the importer (at least in France) is High Tech Distribution, which belongs to Vigier and also used to import Music Man.
(And those seem to be the prices for professionals, I don't think you can buy direct from there.)
If you've ever wondered why basically none of the JP or Majesties costed any less than a Vigier Excalibur for a long, long time... I'd hazard a guess that it might have been why. I guess that now that you can buy direct from Music Man even when based overseas that their dealership agreement fell through... but not their prices, that's for sure. :lol:

Anyway, very few Schecter models ever were good value. I remember the Sun Valley series being a pretty good deal pre-lockdown compared to anything that was priced above a grand at the time, but alas that's also no longer the case.

Last edited:

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Last time I checked, the importer (at least in France) is High Tech Distribution, which belongs to Vigier and also used to import Music Man.
(And those seem to be the prices for professionals, I don't think you can buy direct from there.)
If you've ever wondered why basically none of the JP or Majesties costed any less than a Vigier Excalibur for a long, long time... I'd hazard a guess that it might have been why. I guess that now that you can buy direct from Music Man even when based overseas that their dealership agreement fell through... but not their prices, that's for sure. :lol:

Anyway, very few Schecter models ever were good value. I remember the Sun Valley series being a pretty good deal pre-lockdown compared to anything that was priced above a grand at the time, but alas that's also no longer the case.
Schecter distribution in Italy

Zado

Reaction score
Someone please hug them.

And write "British Steel" on the top.
SCE_MGKRAZOR_Angle_878767-4f8933bfd4b7dac2dd5c4a4c5838c751.jpg

SCE_MGKRAZOR_Body_Back_878767-563d48f59fc129aed0d07430fc4a82f7.jpg

SCE_MGKRAZOR_Body_878767-0b5d31fc13965c109c87655da8e3eec4.jpg

Basswood body tho :mad:

Last edited:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Someone please hug them.

And write "British Steel" on the top.
SCE_MGKRAZOR_Angle_878767-4f8933bfd4b7dac2dd5c4a4c5838c751.jpg

SCE_MGKRAZOR_Body_Back_878767-563d48f59fc129aed0d07430fc4a82f7.jpg

SCE_MGKRAZOR_Body_878767-0b5d31fc13965c109c87655da8e3eec4.jpg

Basswood body tho :mad:
That's just a really good photoshop, right? .....RIGHT? Isn't that the same inlay from MGK's other signature? That loser would make an abomination like this.

Zado

Reaction score
Funny enough neither this or the coffin thing are the worst the brand has ever made. Someone recalls the first Gwar signature guitar? The abalone fest? This?

Screenshot-2024-01-09-14-44-00-691-com-instagram-android.jpg

Every single pink burled veneer they've ever made?