New Schecter Models Megathread

ConnorK

Post-Emo-Emo-Adjacent Anti-Active-Pickup Activist
Reaction score
I wonder if it'll be something like this.

Just saw this, then found that series on Sweetwater, Pretty slick looking.
https://www.sweetwater.com/schecter-black-ops/series
Dig the 8 string, pretty decent 25.5-27.5" scale (though i have to prefer the slightly less fanned but longer on the 8th Strandberg lengths to anything else), with plenty of very modern metal-y specs including one of the newer fluence core models with a 3-way switch, for voice selection as it has a sole bride humbucker.
In terms of guitars I'm looking forward to dropping, the pink Tim Henson model was really the only one I'd consider, but this is creeping up there... Looks comfy to top all the specs off.

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks like the cat's out of the bag. It has the new Fishman with the three-way toggle.

Not really what I'm after right now. I've enough modern guitars. I hope they release something retro this year. A new Spitfire would be great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
For the money this is looking like too good a deal to pass on. That non-slanted pickup placement is questionable, though. It looks like the low strings would be flub city, but I doubt they went without doing proper testing. It just looks wonky.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I'm just glad they didn't bring back the black ops line with the horrendous 12th inlay it had before. These are made in Korea, so very solid prices.

ynmalwotbuxsj1zi4nye.jpg

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
String pull on the F# to the tuning peg isn't my favorite thing. Angle reminds me of the pull on the widow headstocks of BCR which I've always had trouble with. Prob no big deal though- I just consider it my job to nitpick everything into oblivion.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
String pull on the F# to the tuning peg isn't my favorite thing. Angle reminds me of the pull on the widow headstocks of BCR which I've always had trouble with. Prob no big deal though- I just consider it my job to nitpick everything into oblivion.
Oh god now I can't un-see that. Whyyyy.

Zado

Reaction score
I'm just glad they didn't bring back the black ops line with the horrendous 12th inlay it had before. These are made in Korea, so very solid prices.

ynmalwotbuxsj1zi4nye.jpg

That's what was keeping me from getting one. Made the whole thing look like a toy.

And I'm still waiting for this one
aaaaa.jpg

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
View attachment 142181

Oh man I am so happy the bridge pickup is not angled, now I have a snobby reason to NOT buy it :)

Love it, multiscale tele's are sick!
kind of annoyed by the single pickup(because just why) but its not the end of the world and interested in the new Fishman. The fan looks a bit extreme towards the nut tho, but still MS 8 string tele with ss frets for under $1500 is pretty good.

asopala

Reaction score
That's in middle pickup area. How does something like that pass the design stage : /
Especially because if the issue is getting a pickup wide enough, just put in a Fishman Modern 9 and be done with it. But it's even worse cause it looks like a Schecter pickup, meaning they could have just designed another pickup for this guitar, you'd think.

BillCosby

Reaction score
I'm tempted to get it, make a new pickguard that goes all the way to the bridge pickup area and reroute with an angled pickup.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Curious how requested of a feature it is generally. Cause I'm the kind of guy who loves the offset dots thing they've done. I had a guitar with a blank fretboard, and I ended up getting that style of dot inlays installed.
I like offset dots actually, but some of the other shit that Schecter uses as inlays absolutely turns me off from most of their guitars. Granted I owned an E-1 Balsac with a Jaws O'Death inlay, but that was less obnoxious in person than the gothic crosses and roman numerals they did on other crap.

It's good timing on my part because I was just about to drop a bunch of money on another warmoth build, when this basically ticks all the boxes.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Curious how requested of a feature it is generally. Cause I'm the kind of guy who loves the offset dots thing they've done. I had a guitar with a blank fretboard, and I ended up getting that style of dot inlays installed.

The only Schecter inlays I have ever cared for, are either the ATX - which is just the single lighting bolt at the 12th fret, so almost entirely blank - or the KM/Nick Johnson open dots either center/offset; the ones they do on the Sunset Valley ones look cheap, same as the LTD offset dots, compared to when Ibanez used to do them on the S5470 and such.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's in middle pickup area. How does something like that pass the design stage : /
Ironically enough they also just released a straight scale guitar with angled pickups.

Maybe it has something to do with optimal positioning for the new fishman? Idek