New Schecter Models Megathread

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
$2200 for the new KM-7 ML-III

Holy shit. I'd just buy a *new* prestige for that.
I used to be all it has to be made in Japan or I am not playing it and have owned and played tons of prestige ibbys but honestly my mkIII 7 string is every bit as nice as anything in the prestige line. It was a real eye opener.

Everything is overpriced now. I mean we have $600 Squiers... Never thought I would see that but here we are.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I used to be all it has to be made in Japan or I am not playing it and have owned and played tons of prestige ibbys but honestly my mkIII 7 string is every bit as nice as anything in the prestige line. It was a real eye opener.

Everything is overpriced now. I mean we have $600 Squiers... Never thought I would see that but here we are.
QFT.

A good 1000 series LTD, or WMI Schecter, Ormsby, etc. (barring any potential QC errors) is every bit as good as the lower level MIJ stuff. I'm talking E-IIs, Prestige and Genesis lines. Things like that. Even then we're talking minutia within the 90th percentile that makes up that final je ne sais quoi for higher tiers.

Zado

Reaction score
Dunno, I'm still not crazy about the wood they use, the "wood doesn't matter" trend allowed brands to use the cheapest thing they find and have a pass for it, which unsettles me.
At least it's now Nyato is called properly and not mahogany.

With that said, comparing guitar models by country and not by the specs is not the best imho.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
To me, resale value still favors MIJ stuff whether it's rooted in quality or, more likely, tradition.

nightsprinter

Reaction score
$999 for a genesis is the fucking deal of the millennium if you want a standard shred guitar... Nothing can touch that, not even close

And if you spend an extra $200 to have Rich @ Ibanez Rules do fretwork on it, it's the $1200 deal of the millenium.

And the colors look WAY better in person. They weren't appealing to me online until I got one in front of me.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Welp... it sounds exactly like what I expected it to sound like. It sounds like a middle pickup on the lowest note, just no tight low end at all, almost woofy and hollow sounding.

They went through the hassle of redesigning all their guitars to have the pickup closer to the bridge years ago

...then release this one like that lmao. I think I get what they were going for; trying to make use of the new open coil Moderns. But that came with the sacrifice of...that

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They went through the hassle of redesigning all their guitars to have the pickup closer to the bridge years ago

...then release this one like that lmao. I think I get what they were going for; trying to make use of the new open coil Moderns. But that came with the sacrifice of...that
What's even crazier is that the prototype of this guitar had a slanted pickup that was closer to the bridge, and a Lundgren Black Heaven instead of the Open Core Modern.

mcd8qwboacy0q2pgt9sv.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
What's even crazier is that the prototype of this guitar had a slanted pickup that was closer to the bridge, and a Lundgren Black Heaven instead of the Open Core Modern.

mcd8qwboacy0q2pgt9sv.jpg
They shoulda had Fishman make some slanted variants, or do a 9 string variant so they can go across all the strings

Zado

Reaction score

mcd8qwboacy0q2pgt9sv.jpg

In this case, for example, I find the guitar even uglier as the humb angle is different from the bridges'. Might sound better or be more functional, no idea as I've never played or cared for multiscales, but imho doesn't look good.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Single pickup guitars need to die a horrible death so stupid shit like this doesnt get released again

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score

mcd8qwboacy0q2pgt9sv.jpg
Well now that's just infuriating. I have to wonder if it was done to cut costs?

I also just find it funny considering Schecter have been known for putting their bridge pickups incredibly close to the bridge on their 7s. To the point where some have been off put by it, though I love the tight sound it gives.

dirtool

Reaction score

mcd8qwboacy0q2pgt9sv.jpg
That's schecter, always had better prototype than production model.

Zado

Reaction score
I think we should spend more words about this tho, not necessarely nice words, just something. I can't decide if the punk kid side of me likes it more than my metal side hate it.
1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-443ace9f606064044292209e1893c9ef.jpg

cip 123

Reaction score
Well now that's just infuriating. I have to wonder if it was done to cut costs?

I also just find it funny considering Schecter have been known for putting their bridge pickups incredibly close to the bridge on their 7s. To the point where some have been off put by it, though I love the tight sound it gives.
Cut Costs? No?

They changed it cause the prototype was perfect. This is the Schecter way, get on board.

nightsprinter

Reaction score
I think we should spend more words about this tho, not necessarely nice words, just something. I can't decide if the punk kid side of me likes it more than my metal side hate it.
1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-443ace9f606064044292209e1893c9ef.jpg

This looks like Rob Zombie sold the mansion in Connecticut and bought a dude ranch in Oklahoma.

Headstock looks like Heffer Wolfe's head:
HefferInComic.PNG

A bro country boy walks into a Hot Topic for the first time and finds a pair of Tripp NYC pants.

That's all I got for now.