New stuff from Randall for 2013 & 2014

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vrollin

Reaction score
In my quest for a suitable low wattage tube amp to suit apartment playing, I have gone and bought myself an RD100H, hahaha! Can't wait to be delivered when I get back from holidays!

petervindel

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just got a new Randall Satan and a Thrasher 412 cabinet :)
?

So, what did you think of it? I am considering a Thrasher, Satan or the EVH 5150III, but I have yet to see a review of the Satan from anyone other than magazines...

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
So, what did you think of it? I am considering a Thrasher, Satan or the EVH 5150III, but I have yet to see a review of the Satan from anyone other than magazines...

Totally agree. More reviews from customers needed. I'm literally between the Satan and a KSR Orthos (sadly, both cannot happen). Very little out there on either, and I can't say which one has the edge.

...then there's that whole Meshuggah sig Randall I just learned about....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
Totally agree. More reviews from customers needed. I'm literally between the Satan and a KSR Orthos (sadly, both cannot happen). Very little out there on either, and I can't say which one has the edge.

...then there's that whole Meshuggah sig Randall I just learned about....
Based on your taste in music I would think you would like the Randalls more than the KSR. The KSR leans more to the SLO family of things via Mesa Marks & Rectos/Peavey 5150s while the Randall is more to the dry camp via Fryettes and ENGL.

Vigaren

Reaction score
Man, I played a Satan on a Ola Englund clinic in stockholm and it just sounded amazing!!! Saving up for one now! And I cant wait until details about the Thordendal amp!

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Was here ever anymore news about that whole thing with After The Burial?

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
There was a post on Randall's official FB last year, maybe even before that, that proclaimed After The Burial as new endorsers of the company and hinted very, very heavily that some form of signature product was under development. I'm just wondering whether that ship has run aground, as it were.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Oh shit they do exist! :lol: Musician's friend has the 667 in stock.

Randall 667 120W Guitar Tube Amp Head Black | Musician's Friend

and these have been out for the last few weeks or so too.

Randall Scott Ian Ultimate Nullifier 120W Guitar Tube Head | Musician's Friend

:hbang:

There was a post on Randall's official FB last year, maybe even before that, that proclaimed After The Burial as new endorsers of the company and hinted very, very heavily that some form of signature product was under development. I'm just wondering whether that ship has run aground, as it were.

Interesting...

Vrollin

Reaction score
Took delivery of this bad boy today! :D

DSC02977.jpg

Also, did everyone see the Fortin sneaky tease of boxes of new Randall gear for namm?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, did everyone see the Fortin sneaky tease of boxes of new Randall gear for namm?

Yeah guessing new Nuno sig and new Lynch sig since supplies of their current amps seem to be gone and probably the Thordendal since they've started teasing it.

I always thought the aesthetics of the Nuno sig amp were really cool, so hoping that didn't change just new Fortin guts and hoping the Lynch amp isn't as hideous as the protos :lol:

Of course whatever they release won't be available until October 2015 :lol:

Vrollin

Reaction score
Yeah guessing new Nuno sig and new Lynch sig since supplies of their current amps seem to be gone and probably the Thordendal since they've started teasing it.

I always thought the aesthetics of the Nuno sig amp were really cool, so hoping that didn't change just new Fortin guts and hoping the Lynch amp isn't as hideous as the protos :lol:

Of course whatever they release won't be available until October 2015 :lol:

I dunno man, no doubt those are on the cards, but the boxes in the picture def werent all amp sized :)

10647199_844976422199922_8019975729427374285_n.jpg

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dunno man, no doubt those are on the cards, but the boxes in the picture def werent all amp sized :)

True true... I also hope those aren't all the samples :lol:

It would be cool to see the Thrasher preamp pedal come out (especially if it is the actual tube preamp in a pedal vs a solid state version).

Looking at the boxes looks like a head and maybe mini-head and who knows what else. IIRC Fortin did hint at new pedals coming on Facebook.

I still need to pick up a Facepunch and MOR to try out :lol: