New summer Ibanez models

• Thread starter jl-austin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
same as RG1xxv but with dots instead of sharkfins

And black pups. Someone else also said they are "premium" either, but to be honest I really don't know

EDIT: Oh wow, I just notice the 499 price tag. Well, maybe the 400 bucks diff was too much but that is a big price drop if those are the only differences.

IMAG0529.jpg

sell2792

Reaction score
I just can't get into Premiums. The more I play, the less I like them. I just hate the finish, or lack of, on the necks. Maybe I'm just spoiled playing old 550's, 570's, and my 7620.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Reasonable. I bought a premium because I just HAD to try one. I like allot of things about it actually, but it doesn't sustain as well as the prestige's I have and despite a ton of playing, that hasn't gotten much better :(

I can play it a bit better though. The "specs" say it's the same width as my prestige models.....but that can't be quite right. It's narrower, I swear.

I like the edge zero 2 with the stop piece out, fun o flutter :lol: Stays is tune really well too, though I certainly have no complaints about the edge pros I have :cool: And I like dimarzio/ibz's ........ despite what some say.

Adrian-XI

Reaction score
A used RG7621 or 7421 not enough for you?

I'm not gonna count the ultra rare prestige RG 15271 as it's so damn rare most people have just gone ahead and denied it's existance.

Haha nope. They're hard to find in good condition, and I'm not gonna buy a 12-ish year old guitar without seeing/playing it. Not with the price people are asking...

Everyone else gets new stuff, where's my new stuff??

slapnutz

Reaction score
Damn you Ibanez, how about some more ebony/black fretboards rather than the billion'th black body.

thedonal

Reaction score
Back...grey...black... I thought it was just the EU range that was a bit lacking in variety.

Have Ibanez stopped paying for coloured paint?

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
The good news is I got to play one of the 921's (blue) yesterday. It's REALLY nice looking up close and personal.

The bad news is the neck was AWFUL! Tons of blemishes, lots of notes wouldn't sustain (a problem I have somewhat with my 920) and lots of rough edges.

Not worth 899.

Reaction score
same as RG1xxv but with dots instead of sharkfins

That is incorrect...

The new pink does not have any of the premium extra bits.. Considering the builders of Premium guitars are trained by the J custom team, the premium is more then just sharkfins.. no rounded ball end fret job which is amazing by the way, and the feel of the neck will be to put it bluntly worse . As well as the non dimarzio/ibanez pickups... and plenty of other junk that the extra $400 or so dollars gets you when you buy the premium version..

But for $499 its a great way to get a neon pink and fix all the bits youself..

fps

Kit
Reaction score
They sure look like every other Ibanez alright! Finish on bottom one quite cool.

Latest posts