[NGD] MY AGILE INTREPID PRO. LET ME SHOW U IT.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats Darren and thanks for the clip, vid, pics, EFFORT :metal: I can't understand how your not upset over the defects though, I'd be pissed if my new guitar arrived looking like that.

drawnQ

Reaction score
to be honest if those cosmetic issues were not caused by shipping i'd be pretty unhappy.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS...

Ok Ok... seriously thinking of droping a spare £300 or £400 or something on a fanned fret 8 string... Kurts on here right?

Or though the Rondo site?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
fanned fret is not an option, far too complicated for the factory IMO.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've just updated the clip with a couple more clean tracks to add more texture and ambience. I also double-tracked the main "chug" riff the same way i did the breakdown bit.

(I'm using Line6 GearBox into GarageBand... on the heavy guitars, the left side is a Recto patch, and the right side is an AC-30... two of my favourite amps, which complement each other nicely in a layered guitar situation.)

Soundclick: Intrepid Pro 8 test track

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, it was completely unrehearsed, sloppily played, recorded hastily and not mastered properly. :)

BUT 8 STRINGS!!!1!ONE1!!!

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
To be honest, no. I just clicked the "last page" button. I guess I'll go read them.

Edit: Just read the post with his first clip, and I understand now. One thing I did notice is that it was lower than even Mesuggah played their 8's, then I read his tuning, and holy crap! That's pretty fucking low.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Heh. Even the bass player in my band doesn't regularly tune down that low, though for certain songs, he does flip into drop-D or even down to C# for one tune.

That said, he has been looking for a 5- or 6-string bass with 34" scale (or less) and a nice narrow neck.

Demeyes

Reaction score
Well done on the quick turnaround on the vids/pics/clips. You must be fairly happy to see this come to life after all the work you put into the design and stuff. Well done.:hbang:
I really wish I'd gotten in on that first run too now.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i´d love to have gotten in on it too, but to be honest i´d rather wait for the second run. minor details will have been adressed, and i´d rather have that than a unique instrument wih a couple of bugs. though if i had the oppurtunity and stuff, i´d get one... just because it´s so damn tempting! :p

here´s to praying for cash for a second run intrepid! :p

i´d do .52+.42-.09 and then a .74 elixir bass string for the low string, tuned to drop E... mmm...

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
i´d love to have gotten in on it too, but to be honest i´d rather wait for the second run. minor details will have been adressed, and i´d rather have that than a unique instrument wih a couple of bugs.

That's exactly why I decided I'd rather wait and get in on the second run. It looks like the second run might have some improvements on it as well, so I'm doubly happy that I waited, even if these pictures and clips are making me wish I had one in my hands right now. My 30" scale 6 will tide me over for now, though.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i´d love to have gotten in on it too, but to be honest i´d rather wait for the second run. minor details will have been adressed, and i´d rather have that than a unique instrument wih a couple of bugs. though if i had the oppurtunity and stuff, i´d get one... just because it´s so damn tempting! :p

here´s to praying for cash for a second run intrepid! :p

i´d do .52+.42-.09 and then a .74 elixir bass string for the low string, tuned to drop E... mmm...

I don't know that there's anything on these instruments that I'd consider bugs... It'd be nice if the bridge pup was a bit closer to the bridge, but it certainly doesn't seem to have a negative effect on sound or playability.

Also Elixir doesn't make a 74 bass string, it's 70 or 75.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
well, 75 then :p

and by bugs, i mean things that need tweaking, like the bridge needing more intonation range. and the bridge pup being closer to the bridge isn´t needed, but it makes it sound more bridge-like with that pup. i just like it like that haha :p

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Actually, after having a conversation with Mike Sherman last night (who has quite a bit of experience installing Hipshot bridges) he suggested to me that the bridge has plenty of range on the base plate, and that the treble side saddles likely just need longer screws and the bridge could be mounted a bit further back on the body to increase the intonation range for the lower strings.

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
Actually, after having a conversation with Mike Sherman last night (who has quite a bit of experience installing Hipshot bridges) he suggested to me that the bridge has plenty of range on the base plate, and that the treble side saddles likely just need longer screws and the bridge could be mounted a bit further back on the body to increase the intonation range for the lower strings.

:) Exactly what I‘ve written here: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/1204523-post1581.html
12548c27d81092b1.jpg

Looking at this picture (assuming intonation is set for the bridge with factory strings) I see no place for moving the 8th string saddle backwards, but there is a lot of place to move the 1st string saddle forward. Factory 1st string as i understood was .009". IMHO even if someone put there .0085" or .008" there would still be a lot of bridge plate left in front of the first saddle after setting the intonation for teh 1st string. So why not just move the bridge plate a tad towards the butt of the guitar and replace let's say first 4 saddle holding screws with some longer ones?