[NGD] MY AGILE INTREPID PRO. LET ME SHOW U IT.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I dunno... $650 puts you squarely in the midrange category in Korean instruments, which tend to be VERY good. I've played some $400 Korean instruments that were very impressive.

Yes, these were more or less a "trial" run, but if you ask me, this is the time for the factory to PROVE to the paying customers that they can deliver a quality product. I could see ONE guitar having the kind of problems we've seen. But a dozen?

That being said, the Standards all seem to be arriving in excellent condition. They probably have different teams building the neck-thru and bolt-on instruments.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nuclearvoodoo

Circles Guitarist
Reaction score
I dunno... $650 puts you squarely in the midrange category in Korean instruments, which tend to be VERY good. I've played some $400 Korean instruments that were very impressive.

Yes, these were more or less a "trial" run, but if you ask me, this is the time for the factory to PROVE to the paying customers that they can deliver a quality product. I could see ONE guitar having the kind of problems we've seen. But a dozen?

That being said, the Standards all seem to be arriving in excellent condition. They probably have different teams building the neck-thru and bolt-on instruments.

My Ibanez S2170FB Prestige is made in Korea and that was $2800... and i've also got an AXS32 ibanez.. korea also.. Excellent quality. I haven't really seen a dodgy korean made guitar, but i guess it comes down to quality control and I guess Ibanez QC is pretty strict.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Ibanez S2170FB Prestige is made in Korea and that was $2800... and i've also got an AXS32 ibanez.. korea also.. Excellent quality. I haven't really seen a dodgy korean made guitar, but i guess it comes down to quality control and I guess Ibanez QC is pretty strict.

I've seen plenty of problems with S2170s. I'm not just talking about scuffs, serious problems like trems being routed improperly, neck pockets too shallow, pickups at an angle. Hit up the Ibby forums for some horror stories. There are some great Korean, Chinese, and Indonesian guitars, it's not a myth. Though QC is always gonna be an issue.

nuclearvoodoo

Circles Guitarist
Reaction score
I've seen plenty of problems with S2170s. I'm not just talking about scuffs, serious problems like trems being routed improperly, neck pockets too shallow, pickups at an angle. Hit up the Ibby forums for some horror stories. There are some great Korean, Chinese, and Indonesian guitars, it's not a myth. Though QC is always gonna be an issue.

Scary shit! You'd be horrified if you paid that much for a guitar and it had serious problems like that :noplease:

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
Wow, that few, now I feel really special.

Quite frankly that dissapoints me more. Than means like a 1/4 of those who ordered the standard got the wrong guitar.

I also thought it was really strange daren did get one of the least appeasible guitars out of all of them. Hell for the work he put into this he should've gotten one for free in my book. Atleast the nicest one they made.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Quite frankly that dissapoints me more. Than means like a 1/4 of those who ordered the standard got the wrong guitar.

I also thought it was really strange daren did get one of the least appeasible guitars out of all of them. Hell for the work he put into this he should've gotten one for free in my book. Atleast the nicest one they made.

:agreed:

MoNsTaR

Reaction score
how does it play compaired to a seven string, no shop around me has any 8 stringers, and a bass isnt quite the same as actualy trying one out, so is it a big difference?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The neck is about the same width as a 6-string bass. It's pretty wide. It makes my sevens feel small! But the playability is great. I really like playing mine.