NHL 2016-2017: World Cup of Hockey

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
5-0 Pens :woot:

EDIT:

7-0 :woot:

and 2 more headshots by Ottawa :realmad:

Curious to see what the Ottawa fans that were acting like they won the Cup already after their 5-1 win have to say about this one and losing 2 in a row :rofl:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
willy-wonka-pittsburgh-just-won-7-0-do-remind-me-of-why-your-injured-defence-matters.jpg

Pav

???
Reaction score
Just imagine how much worse the beatdown would've been if we had Kris Letang and Justin Schultz. Those 7 goals could've easily been 8.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
willy-wonka-pittsburgh-just-won-7-0-do-remind-me-of-why-your-injured-defence-matters.jpg

Not everyone can collapse like the Habs when somebody gets injured :fawk: :rofl:

In all seriousness I am amazed how well this Pens team keeps rolling regardless of who is in or out of the lineup. I was expecting the game last night to look more like the 5-1 loss with Ottawa coming out flying in the first but the Pens were great in their own end and shut them down.

The Preds were impressive against the Ducks given their top 2 centers are out as well. Hoping they close it out tonight.

Just imagine how much worse the beatdown would've been if we had Kris Letang and Justin Schultz. Those 7 goals could've easily been 8.

:rofl:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score

Not everyone can collapse like the Habs when somebody gets injured :fawk: :rofl:

In all seriousness I am amazed how well this Pens team keeps rolling regardless of who is in or out of the lineup. I was expecting the game last night to look more like the 5-1 loss with Ottawa coming out flying in the first but the Pens were great in their own end and shut them down.

The Preds were impressive against the Ducks given their top 2 centers are out as well. Hoping they close it out tonight.

:rofl:

Trying to figure out who is going to win this year has been hard. Just about every team has tossed in a few real inconsistent performances along the way. The Pens, Ducks, and Sens have all had their turn at being blown out. Weird postseason.:scratch:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trying to figure out who is going to win this year has been hard. Just about every team has tossed in a few real inconsistent performances along the way. The Pens, Ducks, and Sens have all had their turn at being blown out. Weird postseason.:scratch:

Yeah it really has been an odd run for everybody left. I'd love to say I'm confident the Pens will take it, and they do look like they're getting it together, but they've also had games where they've just looked tired and lost and it's best guess which team will show up...

Definitely keeps it interesting though :lol:

Pav

???
Reaction score
I'm happy that Nashville made it but it was a very tough break for Anaheim to lose John Gibson when they did. Bernier giving up 4 goals on 16 shots isn't exactly Stanley Cup-winning goaltending. They would probably be going to game 7 if Gibson stayed healthy.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm happy that Nashville made it but it was a very tough break for Anaheim to lose John Gibson when they did. Bernier giving up 4 goals on 16 shots isn't exactly Stanley Cup-winning goaltending. They would probably be going to game 7 if Gibson stayed healthy.

I agree it was a tough break, but it could have gone either way with Gibson in net :2c: Nashville sat back for most of that game once they had a lead and really outpaced Anaheim when they were actually trying to score vs playing the game like they were killing a penalty.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Sorry, Canada! This SCF is going to be great, I'm excited to take on Nashville. No Ryan Johansen, Mike Fisher is questionable, they're almost as shorthanded as the Pens.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also a huge shout out to Anderson, this would have been over in six if he hadn't played some unbelievable games.

Pav

???
Reaction score
All over teh internet I'm seeing people say the Pens will never be able to sustain that, if the Preds keep playing that way they'll win the series. Except they also said the same thing about the Blue Jackets series. And the Capitals. And the Senators. The Pens have been grossly outshot and outpossed this entire postseason yet keep winning. Last night's game was probably the most extreme example of how things have gone but still nothing new for this year.

protest

Reaction score
That game was the closest I've come to smashing my television due to a non Philly team related event. It's going to be a sweep.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What I've been seeing all over Facebook are whiny bitches saying the game was fixed :rofl:

I have never seen bandwagoning fans that can't handle a loss like the Predators this year...

Let's go Pens!