NHL 2016-2017: World Cup of Hockey

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Srsly. Mattaa is a very weak link in our defense...
I figured our D...
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAh1AAAAJDYyMzJjM2U4LTM4M2MtNGE1YS05MzRhLWEwMTEyMDU1Njg0MA.png

:fawk:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
He just had an impromptu visit to the doctor, but sources confirm that the doctor said "his breath is just fine".

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let's hope Murray gets it done tonight, as if not I see Sullivan riding him right to the golf course. Goaltending was the primary difference in that last game, Rinne made some amazing stops and Murray, well, didn't. The number of goals he's given up to that same spot right over his pads on the glove side is depressing...

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Amazing how bad the Predators play on the road. It's like the game was over before it started.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Pens also showed up, this is one of the best games they've played so far in the series. They've been skating and the D hasn't made nearly the sloppy turnovers they did the last two games.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
How about that terrible Pittsburgh defense, back-to-back shutouts? Seriously? Absolutely terrible... :fawk:

Congratulations.

I will let you enjoy the win tonight, however shit talking resumes tomorrow.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Life isn't fair, there is no God, and I hate the NHL. May it suffer a thousand year lockout... The End.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yes, there will be butthurt...

:rofl:

In all seriousness the no goal call due to a quick whistle was rough, but the ref did lose sight of the puck and the quick whistles were a direct result of the Preds hitting Murray every chance they got. Making banging the goalie part of your strategy has its consequences :shrug:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I didn't see any of the game last night or much of the series after Game 3. :shrug: I had hockey games just about every time they played over the last week, so at least I didn't have to watch them win. :fawk:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I think I will change my strategy for next season to complain as much as possible in this thread about Carey Price's performances... :cond:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What can I say, the defense that looked like a turnover machine in the Preds wins got their shit together for the last two games :rofl:

I didn't see any of the game last night or much of the series after Game 3. :shrug: I had hockey games just about every time they played over the last week, so at least I didn't have to watch them win. :fawk:

The game last night was some pretty epic defense and goaltending by both teams... followed by soul-crushing defeat for the Preds in the last 2 minutes of the game :fawk:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Next is the Vegas expansion draft on Wednesday the 21st with the NHL Awards. I believe teams must submit their protected lists on Sunday 18th.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good job Pens! See you in the finals next year!!

We'll see... with Fleury likely gone a LOT depends on if Murray stays healthy and can handle the fatigue of a full NHL season. Pens likely wouldn't have made it out of the first round this year if Jarry had been the backup. I'm curious to see what happens though and what the team looks like next year... I would love them to be the first team in the modern era to win three in a row.

Oilers are definitely turning into a team to be reckoned with and could go deep next year.

Next is the Vegas expansion draft on Wednesday the 21st with the NHL Awards. I believe teams must submit their protected lists on Sunday 18th.

Yeah unfortunately unless something changed from what I read the entry draft is going to be a non-event with everything happening behind closed doors. So basically teams are going to submit a list of protected players then they're going to publish a list of who Vegas selected. Curious to see what happens but the league seems to really be trying to kill any kind of excitement about the process.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I am sad to see Sergachev get traded away, but hard to complain with getting Drouin. Good move in addressing the lack offense and he is also a young Quebecois.

In the realm of philosophy, everyone talks about how important centers are and how they are the key pieces to build around. I wonder how the inverse formula would fare, considering the Habs have virtually no centers and the top two lines are loaded with wingers...
  1. Our 1st line with Pacioretty/Radulov was already deadly, even with only Danault at center.
  2. Assuming Galchenyuk stays and they make him a winger for good as previously reported, I would picture him playing with Drouin on the opposite wing, making for a very talented second line despite the lack of a center.
  3. The insanely fast Byron and young Lehkonen on the 3rd line wings are pretty good too in that role and can both fill-in on the top two lines.
  4. Hopefully Gallagher can find his old form and with Shaw can get thrown in wherever/whenever.

Last edited: