Bought an authentic Radulov jersey and draft hat this weekend:

QjsmP05h.jpg

qih8Cc4h.jpg

hKdekvkh.jpg

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So Brassard was absolutely terrible for the Pens but they decided not to qualify Sheahan... makes me wonder if Aston-Reese might get to play some center since that is his natural position.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And four more years of the mediocrity that is Rust... the guy shows flashes of brilliance but 99% of the time is invisible. Then again we have the invisible man Simon on Syd's wing for 2 more years so I can look forward to him constantly getting the puck on beautiful setups and doing absolutely nothing with it. * sigh *

Unfortunately it seems like having a balanced lineup and four attacking lines is becoming surround one really good player on each line with mediocre guys that never do anything and count on the talented guy to carry them... then blame the talent when the line doesn't produce.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
Then again we have the invisible man Simon on Syd's wing for 2 more years so I can look forward to him constantly getting the puck on beautiful setups and doing absolutely nothing with it. * sigh *

Unfortunately it seems like having a balanced lineup and four attacking lines is becoming surround one really good player on each line with mediocre guys that never do anything and count on the talented guy to carry them... then blame the talent when the line doesn't produce.

Or as it's more popularly known lately: the McDavid conundrum.

Truthfully, there's a bunch of centres in the league with weak wingers. Part of the reason why Stamkos and Kucherov netted so many points this year was that they shared in each other's success. And Tampa being able to afford both of them on the same line is largely thanks to Kucherov being hilariously underpaid due to his bizarre career trajectory (drafted 58th overall, had middling point production and never achieved >1.0PPG until 2016/17).

I suppose in Crosby's case, he doesn't just play well with anyone, either. He seems to have a preference for younger players that he can have a bit more command over. Would have been nice to see the Pens make it to the finals if only to see how high Crosby and Guentzel could have pushed their numbers. With the numbers they were putting up, watching the playoff leaderboard made the spring months of this year feel more like 1988 than 2018.

Glad Ovi got a cup, though. Not a Caps fan, but I find it hard to believe any hockey fan truly dislikes Ovechkin.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So Brassard was absolutely terrible for the Pens but they decided not to qualify Sheahan... makes me wonder if Aston-Reese might get to play some center since that is his natural position.

Look like nope on Aston-Reese getting to play center... Sheahan just signed a new deal for the Pens. Looking like mostly the same team as last year at this point, but with Sprong in the lineup. They basically gave up Sheary to get rid of Hunwick and free some cap space and are looking to sign Oleksiak to a new contract while also looking for another D. Rumor is they are talking to Jack Johnson which just makes no sense :scratch:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Salary dump I understand... but all they got was a conditional 4th round pick to next year's draft..? :scratch:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Salary dump I understand... but all they got was a conditional 4th round pick to next year's draft..? :scratch:

Yeah no idea WTF the thinking was on that... I get they needed to dump salary, but that was a terrible deal. The prevailing rumor is also that they're singing Jack Johnson to a 5 year deal at $3 million+ a season :facepalm:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
  1. Complains about Pens defense all year
  2. Signs a reputable defenseman
  3. Proceeds to complain about the signing
:lol::fawk:

Last edited:

Pav

???
Reaction score
  1. Complains about Pens defense all year
  2. Signs a reputable defenseman
  3. Proceeds to complain about the signing
:lol::fawk:
Calling Jack Johnson a reputable defenseman is kind of a stretch at this point in his career. He played like trash his last two years in Columbus and was a healthy scratch for much of last season. $3M per year is too much money for how bad he was, 5 years is too long of a term for how old he is. If this rumor turns out to be true it could be the worst contract Jim Rutherford has made since taking over as Pens GM.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Calling Jack Johnson a reputable defenseman is kind of a stretch at this point in his career. He played like trash his last two years in Columbus and was a healthy scratch for much of last season. $3M per year is too much money for how bad he was, 5 years is too long of a term for how old he is. If this rumor turns out to be true it could be the worst contract Jim Rutherford has made since taking over as Pens GM.

Nailed it. At the end of the day a 5 year deal for a 31 year old defenseman is just not a smart move period.

Though statistically the 2016-2017 was the best of Johnson's career he was far from good last year and became a regular healthy scratch.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Alright, alright... still not looking forward to hear about the Pens defense all of next season :lalala:

:fawk:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Caps have signed everyone but Wilson and Beagle. I’m guessing Beagle gets left out, since there are younger players ready to play. Guys are even taking discounts to stay, never seen that in DC before.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Holy crap and Doughty is rumored to be signing an 8 year contract extension with the Kings for an avgerage $11 million a year :eek:

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Holy crap and Doughty is rumored to be signing an 8 year contract extension with the Kings for an avgerage $11 million a year :eek:

In case anyone needed a relevant example of why the Kings are where they are right now....

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In case anyone needed a relevant example of why the Kings are where they are right now....

Yeah I thought this summed it up nicely:

The Kings now have ~$54M in 2020-21 cap space tied up in:
38 year old Ilya Kovalchuk
36 year old Dustin Brown
36 year old Jeff Carter
36 year old Dion Phaneuf
35 year old Jonathan Quick
33 year old Anze Kopitar
33 year old Alec Martinez
31 year old Drew Doughty