"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Weather is really mild where I live, so winter is great. Summer sucks balls, it's getting warmer every year, most homes aren't built with AC, people are more obnoxious, everywhere that was mellow is suddenly loud and crowded, forest fires. In winter the downside is it's "cold", and you just put on a jacket, easy :shrug:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Sure does feel like vindication round these parts, yes sir; but no, keep trying to tell me how good "summer" is, compared to just being able to walk outside and not feel assaulted by your own bodies need to cool down by sweating

1716936648139.png

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Sure does feel like vindication round these parts, yes sir; but no, keep trying to tell me how good "summer" is, compared to just being able to walk outside and not feel assaulted by your own bodies need to cool down by sweating
If you don't like it why don't you move to Pluto? I'm sure they'll love all this blasphemous refusal of God's grace which we call the Sun.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
All I know is the heat doesn't get along with me well. My average body temp is 97.5 as opposed to the typical 98.6 and I'm damn well convinced it makes hotter weather feel hotter to me. I swear I read somewhere that if your core temp is on the lower end of things, it makes heat perception increase to some exponent. But I can't find any evidence of what I remember reading so now it's just an old nightsprinter tale.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I grew up in Wisconsin and would ski in a t-shirt and jeans. I've always been *miserable* in anything above, like, 78*F...thankfully it never gets super humid here, but the downside is that I reeeeally miss thunderstorms, which we don't really get. My body temp is usually between 96.9 and 97.3 (I get it checked every month at an actual clinic, so it's not my shitty equipment)

Last edited:

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
All I know is the heat doesn't get along with me well. My average body temp is 97.5 as opposed to the typical 98.6 and I'm damn well convinced it makes hotter weather feel hotter to me. I swear I read somewhere that if your core temp is on the lower end of things, it makes heat perception increase to some exponent. But I can't find any evidence of what I remember reading so now it's just an old nightsprinter tale.
There might be something to that, actually. Mine is consistently higher than 98.6, usually in the low 99 range, and it doesn't seem to slow me down as much as it does to other people.

I'm actually not that opinionated about seasons. I worked landscaping for a long time and when folks would bitch about the heat or weather I would just rub it in. "It ain't hot yet, just hotter than your mother", "It ain't rainin yet, still not as wet as your mother", so on and so forth as I would demonstrate what hard work looks like for them. I really only did it because I hated how the college kids, who had basically no work in them, would constantly complain about everything. Nothing brings the motivational redneck out in me like working with those kids did, but I swear the hardest part of the job was just keeping them from smoking weed in the truck between jobs or pilfering the petty cash. Now when someone complains about the heat my knee jerk reaction is to motivationally challenge people I guess. Now everybody get back to work piling it on, all I wanna see is assholes and elbows. All I wanna hear is spades and blades. Don't you be takin no shits out in the woods, you leave 'em there- truck already smells like burning assholes. Ok, I'll stop.

Moongrum

Reaction score
but I swear the hardest part of the job was just keeping them from smoking weed in the truck
Last time my parents moved, they hired movers for some of it, fairly young guys. Halfway through, they're like, "do you mind if we take a smoke break?" and my dads like yeah sure. And they started blazing up 😂 It's legal in my state, but still didn't expect that, thought they meant cigarettes.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
@Moongrum I had a kid literally spark a joint about 10 feet from the client and my boss one time. I straight up launched him into some bushes immediately. Thankfully they never turned around and didn't hear it because of the machines everyone else was running, but he about gave me a heart attack. This was when it was still illegal here in VA, too. Some people are just unbelievable.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Sold my Ibanez btb multiscale 6 string bass. Idk if any of you have given one of those a go, but I think they're made of bricks. That was the heaviest most un-ergonomic bass I've ever played. The body edge dug right into my wrist and it was an absolute pleasureless boat anchor to play.

If I have some good fortune in the next month or so, I may set my sights on a dingwall or just a good straight scale 35" 5 or 6 string that won't make me slip a disc when I pick it up.

nightflameauto

Reaction score

View attachment 144195
They're in fucking Florida. I mean, why move to the fucking tropics then bitch about the heat? I'm gonna move to Alaska and bitch about snow! For fuck sake.
If you don't like it why don't you move to Pluto? I'm sure they'll love all this blasphemous refusal of God's grace which we call the Sun.
God doesn't like the Sun. He's still pissed that some tribes worshipped it instead of him.
Gotta go in dry for accuracy
Lube warms, you just gotta take a little time with it. Move it around a bit. You know, it's all good.

@nightsprinter
I sold a BTB a couple years back. Never, ever, have I gotten a tone anywhere near as nice as that bass had again. Yet another gear regret for the logs.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
That's cool. I didn't find mine to be made well. Ibanez basses just don't seem to be for me.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sold my Ibanez btb multiscale 6 string bass. Idk if any of you have given one of those a go, but I think they're made of bricks. That was the heaviest most un-ergonomic bass I've ever played. The body edge dug right into my wrist and it was an absolute pleasureless boat anchor to play.

If I have some good fortune in the next month or so, I may set my sights on a dingwall or just a good straight scale 35" 5 or 6 string that won't make me slip a disc when I pick it up.
Oh shit, good to know. I thought those looked really cool and sounded good in demos, sounds like a pass for me.

Have you tried any Dingwalls yet?