"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't experienced an American or Japanese Schecter, but I have such a hard time bonding with the Ind and Kor ones. It's weird- I've never had one that was inherently bad. They've all seemed to do what they're supposed to do. They just never feel like "my" guitar. I've tried hellraisers and demons and banshees and damiens and e-series and I always wind up selling them even when they're really nicely built neck-thru construction - and then pull a shitty rg470 with a lo-trs II off the wall and feel much more at home. It's like I WANT to love them, but they just don't seem to have whatever unquantifiable thing I'm looking for.

That being said, If anyone wants an e-1 sls elite evil twin new in box that I've had on the backburner for a few months in my shop, I'll have it listed soon.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I haven't experienced an American or Japanese Schecter, but I have such a hard time bonding with the Ind and Kor ones. It's weird- I've never had one that was inherently bad. They've all seemed to do what they're supposed to do. They just never feel like "my" guitar. I've tried hellraisers and demons and banshees and damiens and e-series and I always wind up selling them even when they're really nicely built neck-thru construction - and then pull a shitty rg470 with a lo-trs II off the wall and feel much more at home. It's like I WANT to love them, but they just don't seem to have whatever unquantifiable thing I'm looking for.

That being said, If anyone wants an e-1 sls elite evil twin new in box that I've had on the backburner for a few months in my shop, I'll have it listed soon.
Is that fixed or FR FR?

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

That's pretty nice. I really like the Evil Twins. I have an Apocalypse that I like a lot but I understand what you're saying because I haven't really "clicked" with a 6 string in a long time in the same way I instantly felt like the 7 strings I have were the right guitar to be playing at that moment. Before my Schecter I had an Ibanez RGA72TQM that I really just didn't like for no real reason.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
That's pretty nice. I really like the Evil Twins. I have an Apocalypse that I like a lot but I understand what you're saying because I haven't really "clicked" with a 6 string in a long time in the same way I instantly felt like the 7 strings I have were the right guitar to be playing at that moment. Before my Schecter I had an Ibanez RGA72TQM that I really just didn't like for no real reason.

Yeah I think in this particular case it's because I've been playing Ibanez Destroyer 24.75" scale 6ers my entire life so i thought stepping up to a newer neck-thru E style would be my thing. And I like this guitar but I think I just prefer my destroyers. That and I know a lot of people like satin black but I'm not really one of them and already have several satin black instruments. Funny enough what drew me to the E-1 was how awesome the back of it looked with that multi-ply neck and the ash wings. I wish that was the front lol

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Also, the knob and switch location on this schecter are glorious. Wayyy out of the way. I posted it in classifieds if any of you are interested in more photos.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I've been watching bodycam footage on the YT for the last few days and now I don't have the attention span to go more than ten minutes without seeing someone try to fight the cops with a paint roller/shovel/rock/sword and get absolutely smoked. Never realized how much I missed COPS on TV, I love this fucking country.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been watching bodycam footage on the YT for the last few days and now I don't have the attention span to go more than ten minutes without seeing someone try to fight the cops with a paint roller/shovel/rock/sword and get absolutely smoked. Never realized how much I missed COPS on TV, I love this fucking country.

Do you not watch On Patrol: Live on reelz every weekend? They're adding an extra hour tonight 9pm-1am EST. I use Peacock to watch it but I heard it's free on Tubi or Pluto or something.

Moongrum

Reaction score
On another note,

Watching this right now gives me the same feeling as when you're watching a movie alone as a kid and your mom walks in the INSTANT the only sex scene of the movie comes onscreen.

Pure embarrassment.

Whoa, they played woodstock....I didn't even know this band existed before their 2006 smash hit "Crazy Bitch"

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
I haven't experienced an American or Japanese Schecter, but I have such a hard time bonding with the Ind and Kor ones.

I'm not sure when schecter had Korean guitars made for em, but I do know the earlier often heralded Korean Ibanez axes are not all that. The manufacturing quality cannot hold a candle to what you get today in a mid range guitar from ANY country, China (and Korea) included.

That said, I had an IC400 from Korea that I loved, but only after a luthier got a hold of it for a full fret level and dressing, and then I proceeded to bond with it over 100 odd gigs. Sounded great, but you could see the wood plank joints under the solid black finish.

TL;DR don't take the ibby Korean hype at face value, check the guitar and make your own judgement.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure when schecter had Korean guitars made for em, but I do know the earlier often heralded Korean Ibanez axes are not all that. The manufacturing quality cannot hold a candle to what you get today in a mid range guitar from ANY country, China (and Korea) included.

That said, I had an IC400 from Korea that I loved, but only after a luthier got a hold of it for a full fret level and dressing, and then I proceeded to bond with it over 100 odd gigs. Sounded great, but you could see the wood plank joints under the solid black finish.

TL;DR don't take the ibby Korean hype at face value, check the guitar and make your own judgement.

It's always so interesting hearing these testimonials. My Korean ibanez destroyer I got new in 2003 is so good that I just bought another one of the exact same model and my Korean rg470 is great as well (well, everything but the trem)

Schecter has had guitars made in Korea for a long time as far as I know. I think WMI makes good instruments.

Different strokes, ymmv, etc etc

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Side note- I had my dingwall listed on Reverb but I pulled it down. I'm sick of lining their pockets. I think the fees are too much. I don't mind selling pedals or cheap parts/cheap guitars on Reverb but once I got into the ballpark of selling stuff over $1500, the fees feel a lot more like real money I'm losing out on for the sake of impatience and convenience even though I'm assuming it's an illusion of scale and is the same percentage regardless of price. I think I'm going to keep rolling with the holy trinity of SSO, Talkbass, and Craigslist.

When I see a store selling something on Reverb, I'll often find the contact info for the shop and call them to work out a deal because I know they don't want to pay the fees either. Just the other day I got $200 off a bass by making a simple phone call.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Side note- I had my dingwall listed on Reverb but I pulled it down. I'm sick of lining their pockets. I think the fees are too much. I don't mind selling pedals or cheap parts/cheap guitars on Reverb but once I got into the ballpark of selling stuff over $1500, the fees feel a lot more like real money I'm losing out on for the sake of impatience and convenience even though I'm assuming it's an illusion of scale and is the same percentage regardless of price. I think I'm going to keep rolling with the holy trinity of SSO, Talkbass, and Craigslist.

When I see a store selling something on Reverb, I'll often find the contact info for the shop and call them to work out a deal because I know they don't want to pay the fees either. Just the other day I got $200 off a bass by making a simple phone call.
Ive been using Reverb to try to funnel people into buying it on Marketplace etc. Add the ol' "this item is crossposted on Facebook" or similar mention in the bottom.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

That's how I got a like new NG3 5 string for $1600... The guy was actually local and he offered it to me at that price. I couldn't say no!

I agree it's fine for pedals or other small stuff, but I don't like selling guitars or large items on there.