HerrWolfe

Reaction score
Hey all, just ordered axe fx 2, trying to pick out monitors now for the bedroom. I'm liking the Maxkie MR8's and the MR10 Sub, but how do I connect all three? I want a monitor on each side for stereo and the sub to cover everything. I'm using a baritone 8 string and literally don't know what to do, or the best config to plug all three in. Thanks in advance guys and gals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Syrinx

Reaction score
Hey all, just ordered axe fx 2, trying to pick out monitors now for the bedroom. I'm liking the Maxkie MR8's and the MR10 Sub, but how do I connect all three? I want a monitor on each side for stereo and the sub to cover everything. I'm using a baritone 8 string and literally don't know what to do, or the best config to plug all three in. Thanks in advance guys and gals.

You would probably have to run the two monitors through output 1 L+R and then add the fx loop block to route the same signal path to output 2 and connect the sub through there.

pathos45

Reaction score
If im not mistaken the sub should have inputs for the two monitors and then has outputs to go to the axe or even a interface. I know when i looked at the yahmaha sub for my hs's it had inputs and outputs on the sub.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I finally got a Midisport Uno to hook up my Ultra, and just got the right version of the software installed. So it sees the interface, finally sees the Axe when I tell it to look. Great.

When I select the Ultra as the source, the program almost immediately goes nonresponsive.

I'm running W8.1 if that has any relevance (it was buggy before, too). Is this game-ending or normal initial behavior of the software being overloaded by all the data on the Axe? I can't think of a way to connect it but circumvent this, and I'd really like to manage my patches this way...

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
This is evidence enough to me that there won't be an Axe FX 3 any time soon, Fractal are literally hunting for stuff they can add to improve the unit. They can't make it sound any better, tbh, it's overpowered for the DSP as it is, all we're gunna see from here is newer UI's maybe, and practical things like smaller boxes, more memory etc.

The Axe 2 is gunna be a classic, it's here to stay, and any future paradigm will only be a shift in practicality I'm sure.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Bare with me for a second guys, I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to computer hardware...

So by 'more memory,' does the Axe-FX II XL (what a mouthful) just mean more presets? Is there anything about the XL that would make it supported for longer than the current Axe-FX II mark II?

Just wondering if something about the XL's description would mean firmware updates would cease sooner for the mark II than for the XL. Like how they stopped for the Standard and Ultra a while back.

edit- found my answer. In case anyone else was wondering as I was, straight from the horses mouth:

Semih Yanyali said:
1) what is double capacity preset?

2)is there a DSP and MODELLING capability difference between mark 1 and 2 ?

FractalAudio said:
1. Each preset holds twice as much data. This allows more complicated presets that contain more parameters. Since each block that has X/Y capability has twice the parameters than if it didn't have X/Y this allows for more blocks with X/Y capability. So I've added X/Y to the Parametric EQ, Graphic EQ and Pan/Tremolo. This also allows for more instances of effects, like Drive blocks. It also leaves room for future expansion.

2. The DSP and modeling are identical. Firmware shares the same code base so firmware updates apply to both equally.

Announcing Axe-Fx II XL - Page 2

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Bare with me for a second guys, I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to computer hardware...

So by 'more memory,' does the Axe-FX II XL (what a mouthful) just mean more presets? Is there anything about the XL that would make it supported for longer than the current Axe-FX II mark II?

Just wondering if something about the XL's description would mean firmware updates would cease sooner for the mark II than for the XL. Like how they stopped for the Standard and Ultra a while back.

The II and the XL will run on the same firmware so the update will be the same for both. It has more RAM and storage I believe. This will allow for more user IRs to be stored/more Ultra Res IRs. The II and XL will be updated for a very long time. Only reason the Ultra and Standard stopped being updated it because the resources on them were tapped out.

psychok7

Reaction score
hi guys. i am thinking of buying an axe fx 2. I just heard the news that and axe fx 2 XL is coming out.

What does this mean in terms of prices? will the price for the normal axe fx 2 drop significatly??
Should i wait for it to happen or just buy the axe fx 2 now?

cheers

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I highly doubt the new price of the axe II will drop, as none of the hardware will be any cheaper to make.

Used price may drop though, if thats what you're talking about.

pathos45

Reaction score
hi guys. i am thinking of buying an axe fx 2. I just heard the news that and axe fx 2 XL is coming out.

What does this mean in terms of prices? will the price for the normal axe fx 2 drop significatly??
Should i wait for it to happen or just buy the axe fx 2 now?

cheers

your gonna have to wait a few weeks if your not on the waiting list. Ive been on since the day they were outta stock and still no email yet.

Sean1242

Very Left Handed
Reaction score

My lawd those new bass amps.

tumblr_mk4p30vqRv1r3jm2ho2_400.gif

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Does anybody know if/when Fractal is planning to put out a major new model? Like FX 3 or whatever? I am looking to buy one in the next few months.... I will either go for an XL or if I hear news that a new one is coming out I'll wait for it... I have no indication of that though xD

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I don't follow the fractal forum so I don't know what Cliff has said about this (if anything), but I think the recent release of the XL implies that there won't be an Axe III any time soon. The XL is essentially the same thing as the Axe II but with more preset storage and more connections and a few other things that don't really interest me so I didn't memorize them. Apart from that, the DSP and stuff is the same as the Axe II. It would make more sense to save these improvements/additional features for the new Axe III if it was at all close to launch.

Given there were major redesigns done to make the XL, it doesn't make much sense to release a new Axe III within a year or more, I would think. Plus that would probably piss off a bunch of XL buyers, that the latest-and-greatest was only such for a short period of time.

Shask

Reaction score
I saw something the other day where Cliff said the II was only halfway through it's development....