Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So frackin close to finished! I really cant believe it. The second picture gives you a really god idea of how insane the gloss is on it

jOF30Zu.jpg

zwipd9e.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Damn that Near Death Experience Cimmerian is awesome.

Kenny, may I ask, how much of the concept was your's and
how much 'carte blanche' did you give Dylan on the build??

Gotta say it turned out amazing. He is imho making the
coolest metal guitars on the planet for me and somehow
keeps raising the standard and evolving with each build.

Reaction score
Dylan and I went pretty much 50/50 on the build. I chose all the woods and construction. Dylan recommended the red logo and binding when I originally wanted ebony wood, I'm happy I went with his idea. I told him I wanted a stained black maple top with red burst edges like on Emil Werstler's modern eagle PRS. He said he wanted to do his own version, which he did, and it came out far better than I could ever want.

For the inlay I just told him I wanted an eye centered around the 12th fret. I didn't give him any other guide line and just told him to do his thing. Again, it came out better than I could ever want.

The guitar now is nothing like i originally envisioned. However, due to Dylan and I talking over different ideas and aspects of the build over the past 2 years; and him and I being very open to eachothers ideas, we have created in my opinion (biased, I know) the best cimmerian to date.

jahosy

Reaction score
^ I would have paid top dollar just for that 'eye' inlay.

Looks amazing. And congrats in advance :)

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Welp, Dylan is still batting 1000 in my book. Unbelievably cool build. And yet another totally original idea.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Your Cimmerian is turning out incredible. I thought the red binding would be a bit much but it pairs up with the body stain really well and the inlay looks great.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Man, I'm feeling very under-spec'd. People are going to see my Daemoness and be like...what? Is this a Daemoness? Did Dylan just have his apprentice build the whole thing? Where's the inlay? Where's the crazy paint?

Previous batches just had pretty standard guitars with different inlays. This batch is 100% out of control!

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
^ a bare-bones Daemoness is nothing short of quality, class or elegance. it will still be a stunning guitar, and if it's what you asked for, there's no reason to feel bad about it!

narad

Reaction score
I don't want to give the wrong impression - I don't feel bad in any respect, it's just that as far as things are currently stacking up, I feel like mine is going to be the odd one out!

I have a crazier idea in mind for the next go-around, if I feel like the new one is a good fit.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
Good! Always strive to the be the odd one out - even among the weirdoes. a hipster among hipsters if you will :lol:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Man, I'm feeling very under-spec'd. People are going to see my Daemoness and be like...what? Is this a Daemoness? Did Dylan just have his apprentice build the whole thing? Where's the inlay? Where's the crazy paint?

Previous batches just had pretty standard guitars with different inlays. This batch is 100% out of control!

narad, what is it with you and customer guitar orderer's remorse? Between this and your awesome Strandberg.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
$_58.JPG

My god even the control cavity is beautiful...

WOW. That is the cleanest control cavity I have ever seen. I mean, I realize there are still a few wires that need to go into it (right?), but the layout just looks perfectly planned! :eek:

narad

Reaction score
narad, what is it with you and customer guitar orderer's remorse? Between this and your awesome Strandberg.

I can't have remorse until I see the thing. Dylan says Phil nailed the finish -- in fact, Phil had to charge extra for it (hrmph!) -- so I'd like to think I'll be a happy camper with this one. Though I feel like this Daemoness has been super expensive...lo pro edge 7 is a budget killer... so I should be!

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
What bridge is that ?
I think they're ETC or something? Or maybe ABM? I'm on my phone so I can't check right now but I know it's a German company. I'm also really interested in these bridges and would really like to hear some feedback in the NGDs.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
How many decent guitar luthiers are there? Besides Daemoness, Mayones, Skervy, Blackwater - there are hardly any.

Quite a lot actually, but that list is a good start. I love seeing Dylan's work, he's got some fantastic ideas and the execution is flawless.