Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

ScottyB724

Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks but at this point pretty much everyone knows to expect shitty service (not that it's acceptable) when pre-ordering metal albums from some of the big name merch companies.

If you want a company to suggest, I'd say: Benchmark Merchandising

I have only dealt with them once when pre-ordering The Contortionist's Intrinsic, but they were fantastic. There was a delay on the shirt production so they actually emailed customers and asked whether to ship the rest of the order or wait to ship it all at once. They also threw in a ton of extra goodies to make up for it, autographed drum stick and poster! lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Im sorry to hear that you guys are having issues with Merch Connection, I am going to talk to our management/label to see what we can do about this for future releases...

i appreciate it, dude!

i'm sure that most of us would understand if this was a one time thing where it was out of their hands, but i've pre-ordered from there three times and my pre-order has been seriously late every time.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks but at this point pretty much everyone knows to expect shitty service (not that it's acceptable) when pre-ordering metal albums from some of the big name merch companies.

If you want a company to suggest, I'd say: Benchmark Merchandising

I have only dealt with them once when pre-ordering The Contortionist's Intrinsic, but they were fantastic. There was a delay on the shirt production so they actually emailed customers and asked whether to ship the rest of the order or wait to ship it all at once. They also threw in a ton of extra goodies to make up for it, autographed drum stick and poster! lol

Really? I got my Intrinsic preorder with all the shirts and what not like a week or so before the album was even due out. I guess I got lucky :lol:
No autograph on my poster or drumstick though :\

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
I just emailed them saying I want to cancel my order. Maybe that will get their attention about my order or if anything, I will just cancel it and go to Best Buy.

allthatjazz

Regular Dj0nter
Reaction score
To the people that pre-ordered

What packages did you order? Because I got the package with the shirt and poster, and actually got mine on the 27th, the day before Clear released. And I saw that other people had gotten their's with relatively little issue. Could the package that was ordered possibly be a factor in all of this?

ScottyB724

Reaction score
Really? I got my Intrinsic preorder with all the shirts and what not like a week or so before the album was even due out. I guess I got lucky :lol:
No autograph on my poster or drumstick though :\

Yeah, it was the tank top that was delayed.

A week early though, that's awesome.

Taylord

Reaction score
To the people that pre-ordered

What packages did you order? Because I got the package with the shirt and poster, and actually got mine on the 27th, the day before Clear released. And I saw that other people had gotten their's with relatively little issue. Could the package that was ordered possibly be a factor in all of this?

Basically every time I've preordered through them, I have to follow up with an email asking what the deal is. They said they were behind and got it shipped out on the 28th. I got the bundle with the cd, poster, and usb drive. I think they had trouble with Altered State when it first came out, but my copy was almost a month late.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
I got the one with the shirt, poster, and usb stick.

Which, by the way Jake and Misha, SUPER cool of you guys to put your Axe Fx presets on there!!!

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
The only time I ever had a pleasant experience pre-ordering anything was when I pre-ordered P II through Distort. It had been a week and I hadn't recieved it and emailed them and they apologized and sent me P1, The Frak the gods EP, P II and threw in a band called "A Sight for Sewn Eyes"
Other then that everything I've ever preordered has been late and the merch company rather dickish about it or just don't reply at all.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Hasn't Merch Connection blew it hardcore in the past with these pre-order things for some people? I pre-ordered both PI and PII but never got them late; in fact the first album I actually ended up receiving two hoodies (sorry to whomever I might have stolen this from!) which was pretty strange.

That said, haven't had any money to purchase Clear, but all the songs I have heard from it are fantastic.

Xplozive

Reaction score
After the periphery gig last night in sydney we went out to an alternative club/bar and after being there for a couple of hours spencer showed up and i got to drink with him for a couple of hours. All the other band members were asleep but he was there with his tour manager. Oh and i also caught a pick, i swear misha threw it but it has nollys name on it

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

Dunno if this has been posted, but I'm so addicted to this solo. Been learning it and those bends are just killer and so expressive. I feel like I'm really going to like The Mothership whenever that stuff lands.

elnyrb10

fly you fools
Reaction score
Dunno if this has been posted, but I'm so addicted to this solo. Been learning it and those bends are just killer and so expressive. I feel like I'm really going to like The Mothership whenever that stuff lands.

i know this might sound dumb but did spencer do that solo? who exactly played it. sorry if thats like common knowledge

EDIT: and i found out the guy who posted that video played it. total total face palm :wallbash:

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Clear is up on Spotify now, for us geographically challenged people. :hbang:

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
STILL have not even gotten a mail confirmation. I told them I want a refund immediately.

Let us see how fast they reply now.

But really, this is ignorant. Never again merchconnection. I do not care who the band is