Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
I would buy that shirt in a heartbeat if it were reverse colors :lol:

You always come up with pretty great April Fool's jokes, Misha. :yesway:

osmosis2259

Reaction score
I know it's April Fools and everything but that sounded really good!

I especially really like the snare. Sounds like Metal Machine but I'm not sure.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Ha, I want to know what the reaction within Periphery is like when checking out all the soundcloud comments for a song full of satirical musical ideas. "AMAZING!" "Need tabs!" If you mix it, they will buy. Similarly, I'm sure that shirt would sell like hot cakes.

MartinMTL

Reaction score
The whole two minutes starting after 4:45 got quite a few laughs out of me. Funnily enough though, its still a lot better than a lot of bands I hear.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I usually hate April Fools Day because its full of really lame attempts at jokes but this year has been brilliant.

The amount of people throwing hissy fits over the Axe-Fx III and Misha selling his B2 is hilarious.

bulb

Reaction score
Oh my God its Skrill... I mean, Sonny Moore's old band. They're (or were, afaik) a pretty full-on "band", and not an arbitrary side project, so how would Spencer fit in live shows with two relatively 'active' bands?

He is joining as a studio member and Periphery's schedule will always take priority, so in our camp nothing will change.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Which song would be the easiest to learn on guitar, preferably in Drop C? I'm thinking All New Materials or Scarlet. Or is Jetpacks Was Yes in Drop C?

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Which song would be the easiest to learn on guitar, preferably in Drop C? I'm thinking All New Materials or Scarlet. Or is Jetpacks Was Yes in Drop C?

Mile zero is in drop C, possibly one of my favourite songs of all time, the opening riff is so catchy. That said, I do believe Wes Hauch's guest solo on it isn't possible without a guitar with 27 frets. But it'd be a fun learn none the less, it was for me anyway :D

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Sorry to ask the following silly question, thread is TL;DR, and I don't follow Periohery v. closely.
Is the new album out yet? I saw Bulb's post when he posted a song on 4/1 (most probably an April fools joke) which made me believe the new album is yet to be released, then today I found this:

Amazon.com: Clear: Music

So is that it? If not, what is it?

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score

Jetpacks is in C, Mile Zero is pretty fun, easiest IMO would be Icarus, Scarlet is in Open C (CGCEGD I think), It took a while to get my head around some of the riffage on it, but it becomes really easy to play once you can pull it off...aaaaand you could check some of Misha's stuff (Press Enter is D standart with a Low A, and Breeze is Drop C, both are fairly easy and fun to play...well, with the exception of the solo in Breeze, that thing is a bitch to play :lol: )

also, you have the Haunted Shores stuff, which is all in Drop C

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Sorry to ask the following silly question, thread is TL;DR, and I don't follow Periohery v. closely.
Is the new album out yet? I saw Bulb's post when he posted a song on 4/1 (most probably an April fools joke) which made me believe the new album is yet to be released, then today I found this:

Amazon.com: Clear: Music

So is that it? If not, what is it?

It's a concept release where each member wrote a song on their own and had complete creative control of those tracks. The next album is Juggernaut, not out yet, early next year. And they're currently recording for that!

Jetpacks is in C, Mile Zero is pretty fun, easiest IMO would be Icarus, Scarlet is in Open C (CGCEGD I think), It took a while to get my head around some of the riffage on it, but it becomes really easy to play once you can pull it off...aaaaand you could check some of Misha's stuff (Press Enter is D standart with a Low A, and Breeze is Drop C, both are fairly easy and fun to play...well, with the exception of the solo in Breeze, that thing is a bitch to play :lol: )

also, you have the Haunted Shores stuff, which is all in Drop C

Jetpacks is definitely the easiest Drop C/6 String song they have. Masamune/Parade of Ashes is the easiest for me on 7's though!