Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
You just don't like Chris...

No. Had he done a good job I would definitely give him props. Furthermore I think he is 100% capable of doing a good job which only makes his horrible performance on that’s song that much worse.
Please don’t ever assume my intentions again.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
No. Had he done a good job I would definitely give him props. Furthermore I think he is 100% capable of doing a good job which only makes his horrible performance on that’s song that much worse.

You must be trolling, pls be trolling. Pls, troll more and announce an European tour without including Finland. That would be the ultimate troll.

Or I guess the ultimate troll would be to come to Finland and only play New Groove. ;)

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
:shrug: to each their own

Last edited:

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Yes man, we need an european tour.

You could also tour and play Reptile 4 times each show and I would be happy anyway.

secretpizza

Reaction score
I think the Sentient Glow debate must be based on what you heard first, because to me the new SG is a stone cold banger. The older one doesn’t do it for me. I’m a huge fan of Spencer’s vocals on the new one (but I’m just having fun with it, so take that for what it’s worth).

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I think the Sentient Glow debate must be based on what you heard first, because to me the new SG is a stone cold banger. The older one doesn’t do it for me. I’m a huge fan of Spencer’s vocals on the new one (but I’m just having fun with it, so take that for what it’s worth).

I seriously love all 3.
Honestly the instrumental one is probably my favorite all around (because I heard it first almost 10 years ago lmao), I prefer the placement of Chris' vocals, but I think Spencer's execution and actual vocals were spot on and very well done.

secretpizza

Reaction score
I seriously love all 3.
Honestly the instrumental one is probably my favorite all around (because I heard it first almost 10 years ago lmao), I prefer the placement of Chris' vocals, but I think Spencer's execution and actual vocals were spot on and very well done.

I get that - I was way late to this song so Sponce’s version is the one I’m most familiar with. I just wanted to say that I fucking love his vocals on it and I think his lyrics are killer too - it gives me old school hardcore vibes mixed with some of Mark’s killer death metal stuff and I’m just really digging it.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I seriously love all 3.
Spot on with my thoughts. Spencer's performance is way better, I just prefer the flow and what @Ordacleaphobia said, the placement more with Chris.

binz

Reaction score
I can see how people who love P2 like this one and the ones who were more into P3 are not 100% aboard yet. After two listens my impression is that it's more an 'old periphery' sound.
I was never too keen on P2 but think Juggernaut is one of the greatest albums of all time. This one needs a little growing but do did P3 for me.

What I generally really like is all the 'behind the scenes' stuff periphery does. Studio updates and now even a full documentary. I don't know just makes the band a whole more relatable / approachable. Bands like enter shikari and architects (in my view) started this whole thing and is probably the reason why they have such a dead loyal fan base. Seeing similar things happen with periphery although there'll always be more of the elitist guitarists nagging here and there.

lewis

Reaction score
CRUSH is literally the best song imo. Its stunning.

The 80s stuff mixed with that typical Periphery sound is unreal.
I would happily buy an entire album of songs like that from them.

Sidenote: that track live is going to sound so amazing - those driving synths are going to add extra power. Cant wait to see footage

bulb

Reaction score
CRUSH is literally the best song imo. Its stunning.

The 80s stuff mixed with that typical Periphery sound is unreal.
I would happily buy an entire album of songs like that from them.

Sidenote: that track live is going to sound so amazing - those driving synths are going to add extra power. Cant wait to see footage

I’m actually surprised to see so many people dig Crush, that one is really out there as a Periphery song and as much as I was super proud of how it came together I was also ready for the hate hahah.

Latest posts